The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COVID-19 infection numbers nearly 100k daily

+28
Dave 418
v8oholic
Sally
breakaleg
Cymro
merv
PLOUGHLIN
Jaytee
Relaxez-Vous
Tinwheeler
harrysp
Mike187
IanH
babian
rgermain
Mrgeoffrey
Paulmold
mikethebike
Dbvwt
Gromit
Askit
daisy mae
Peter Brown
Bilbobaggins
FreelanderUK
groundhog
bikeralw
burlingtonboaby
32 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

COVID-19 infection numbers nearly 100k daily - Page 4 Empty Re: COVID-19 infection numbers nearly 100k daily

Post by bikeralw Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:15 pm

I'm no anti vaxxer, but this chart speaks volumes. The more folk you test the more positives you'll find.
Al.
COVID-19 infection numbers nearly 100k daily - Page 4 20211013
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

groundhog, mikethebike, Peter Brown and Dbvwt like this post

Back to top Go down

COVID-19 infection numbers nearly 100k daily - Page 4 Empty Re: COVID-19 infection numbers nearly 100k daily

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:18 am

groundhog wrote:Having read the above I am not so sure I want the third fizzy jab. I am already very careful rarely go to pubs or restaurants and live in a pretty isolated environment.
If another strain pops up tomorrow would I be asked to get jab number four?
GH ,if the boaster jab is a wee taster of the real thing.  shrugg , then go and get it, we didn't prepare ourselves for the side effects .
As Mike says he was fine,along with thousands of others.  scratch head    With hindsight it's like having a s***ty cold for two days, I'm fine , the wife has the washing on,so she's feeling a lot better.( duvet covers )
I think if you know what the side effects are and your one of the thousand who might get a reaction. It's your choice.
I would go go number 4 or 5 .
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Doris and mikethebike like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by harrysp Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:08 pm

We had the booster on Friday, and yesterday I had cold/fever symptoms that only lasted about 3 hours. Worth it I think if it provides some protection. Most of our friends had similar or no reaction. It’s different for everyone I know, but for me on balance I’ll go for No 4😀

Harry
harrysp
harrysp
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Former Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:38 pm

Both of us had the flu and booster jabs yesterday and, so far, no problems. Get it done folks  up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:19 pm

Neighbours had their boaster yesterday and seem fine, really pleased to read everyone who has had theirs, are reporting very slight or nil effects.
There you go.the wife has COVID arm now.  shrugg
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:41 pm

Paulmold wrote:We both had our flu jabs three weeks ago. Wife had no side effects, I had the mother of all headaches the same evening plus freezing cold feet, OK by morning.  5 days later I got flu type symptoms , wife got cough couple days later. Both of us still under the weather. Cannot state categorically that this is side effects of jab as some say any side effects happen within the first couple of days. Lateral flow tested negative.

As wife still has cough and actively reporting on the Zoe Study app, we were invited to get PCR tests. We chose to have testing kits sent to our home rather than travel 6 miles to test centre , ordered Saturday, delivered by RM Sunday, did test and posted yesterday. Results received today, both negative.
Wife has improved a little , so will now contact GP if doesn't improve further.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:49 pm

The guy next door to us will not have the vaccinations says it is poison, or wear a face mask. needless to say we keep away, I know it is his choice but I consider it selfish, jmho.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Doris, Mike187 and Suppersready like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:02 am

Paulmold wrote:
Paulmold wrote:We both had our flu jabs three weeks ago. Wife had no side effects, I had the mother of all headaches the same evening plus freezing cold feet, OK by morning.  5 days later I got flu type symptoms , wife got cough couple days later. Both of us still under the weather. Cannot state categorically that this is side effects of jab as some say any side effects happen within the first couple of days. Lateral flow tested negative.

As wife still has cough and actively reporting on the Zoe Study app, we were invited to get PCR tests. We chose to have testing kits sent to our home rather than travel 6 miles to test centre , ordered Saturday,  delivered by RM Sunday,  did test and posted yesterday.  Results received today, both negative.
Hope your wife picks up Paul, a wee hot toddie helps.   up! , as others have said,the boaster jab effects everyone differently, my wife feels fine, except for a very sore arm at the injection site.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

mikethebike likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:24 am

burlingtonboaby wrote:
Paulmold wrote:

As wife still has cough and actively reporting on the Zoe Study app, we were invited to get PCR tests. We chose to have testing kits sent to our home rather than travel 6 miles to test centre , ordered Saturday,  delivered by RM Sunday,  did test and posted yesterday.  Results received today, both negative.
Hope your wife picks up Paul, a wee hot toddie helps.   up! , as others have said,the boaster jab effects everyone differently, my wife feels fine, except for a very sore arm at the injection site.
Boaby

Hope you both feel better soon Paul  :up!:o Although we were both pretty much ok, we both had short periods of shivering despite not feeling cold, sore arms where we got the injections and random unexplained aches and pains in other places. It's nothing serious and, so far, paracetamol seems to do the trick.

Donator
Donator

Male

mikethebike likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:37 am

No Askits powders then Tony.  hugegrins
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:53 am

Has anybody had a high temperature with symptoms?

I was under the impression it was the first test for covid.

Micky
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:09 am

burlingtonboaby wrote:No Askits powders then Tony.  hugegrins
Boaby

Discontinued in 2012 although the manufacture had moved from Glasgow to Cumbernauld some years before. When I was wee, there was not much choice in the world of over the counter pain relief. Now we just buy the unbranded stuff available now from Aldi, Lidl or Home Bargains  shrugg

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:05 pm

Askit wrote:
burlingtonboaby wrote:No Askits powders then Tony.  hugegrins
Boaby

Discontinued in 2012 although the manufacture had moved from Glasgow to Cumbernauld some years before. When I was wee, there was not much choice in the world of over the counter pain relief. Now we just buy the unbranded stuff available now from Aldi, Lidl or Home Bargains  shrugg
Always did the trick on 1st Jan ,to "clear the heed", Askit washed down with Iru Bru, magic.  up!   Thanks for the info,always wondered what happened to the brand.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike187 Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:24 pm

Has there been a spike in Covid cases today? Just taken Trek out for a walk and there is a lot of people wearing masks! snigger

Mike

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:20 am

Dispite the high numbers of positive test results here,face masks seems to be a thing of the past,when I have mine on going into B&Q or local store ,folk stand back away from me ( which suits me) none of the staff are wearing masks.  shrugg
Have a nice day
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:48 am

Mike187 wrote:Has there been a spike in Covid cases today? Just taken Trek out for a walk and there is a lot of people wearing masks! snigger

Mike
I got it
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:30 am

I'm of the opinion that everyone is going to get it before spring come what may, vaccinated or not. I just have to hope that when it's my turn I don't get hospitalised or croak.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:31 am

Peter Brown wrote:
Mike187 wrote:Has there been a spike in Covid cases today? Just taken Trek out for a walk and there is a lot of people wearing masks! snigger

Mike
I got it
Ahh…now I have too, I think!
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:34 am

Dbvwt wrote:
Peter Brown wrote:

Mike
I got it
Ahh…now I have too, I think!

I didn't but have now. Very subtle.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike187 Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:23 am

Sorry folks, I should have added 👻🕷

Mike

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:48 am

Mike187 wrote:Sorry folks, I should have added 👻🕷

Mike

I got it too, both the joke and the virus  shrugg

If Al's right, could whoever's in charge please take note that I've had my share thank you very much  Whistle1

Donator
Donator

Male

bikeralw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:57 am

Here we go again?

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:00 am

I follow the figures and the one i watch most is the number of serious hospital cases.
This has been running 'in the low 900 for some time.
On average less than one per hospital.
Despite 40k new cases daily
The peak serious fig was 4,076 on jan 24th this year. Down to 210 on June 20th.
So it seems to me that by far  most cases are minor now.
So i expect a larger figure in winter time.
This will be less than flue figures i expect.

So have that booster.

Micky
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

bikeralw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:03 pm

Well, I made a bonfire of my masks weeks ago and I refuse to buy anymore. 
Triple jabbed now so I'll take my chances maskless. I've never been convinced they do any good anyway.
In fact I've almost had accidents wearing them when my glasses steam up!
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Peter Brown likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:36 pm

Err, aren’t the masks supposed to protect others rather than the wearer? scratch head
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Slaphead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next