The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COVID-19 infection numbers nearly 100k daily

+28
Dave 418
v8oholic
Sally
breakaleg
Cymro
merv
PLOUGHLIN
Jaytee
Relaxez-Vous
Tinwheeler
harrysp
Mike187
IanH
babian
rgermain
Mrgeoffrey
Paulmold
mikethebike
Dbvwt
Gromit
Askit
daisy mae
Peter Brown
Bilbobaggins
FreelanderUK
groundhog
bikeralw
burlingtonboaby
32 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

COVID-19 infection numbers nearly 100k daily - Page 7 Empty Re: COVID-19 infection numbers nearly 100k daily

Post by IanH Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:25 pm

That one was a real eye opener Dave.
The Israeli doc, dual trained in UK AND Israel said he has 2000 plus patients. He doesnt let tem go until they have loads of vit D. He said he has never had a patient catch Covid.
I watch Dr Campbell daily.
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

COVID-19 infection numbers nearly 100k daily - Page 7 Empty Re: COVID-19 infection numbers nearly 100k daily

Post by Relaxez-Vous Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:46 pm

A note of caution indicating that we are not over covid-19 yet. Where South Africa is today we are likely to follow, aside from HIV.
Looking today on the South African website in comparison to the figures that John Campbell featured yesterday, it shows an increase of cases in mostly all categories, hospital admissions, patients in ICU, those on oxygen, those being ventilated etc. Another website I viewed didn't for me for now seem to show a significant increase in individuals dying from covid-19.

https://www.nicd.ac.za/diseases-a-z-index/disease-index-covid-19/surveillance-reports/daily-hospital-surveillance-datcov-report/
https://sacoronavirus.co.za/

We are both still choosing to go out tomorrow for a booked Christmas meal at a local establishment where there will be many other people. We've done as much as I think we can to be able to successfully fight off the coronavirus when it eventually arrives and comes to say its "hello there, can I come in".
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:16 pm

Gromit wrote:
burlingtonboaby wrote:The daily dose of vitamin D was for Tony's benefit, I find the extra vits get me up in the morning help me through the day and enjoy life 
Agree, face masks seems to be the best protection along side a full dose of jabs.
Boaby
Just had an email to say mine are arriving tomorrow. We take the same as Paul, and have almost run out.

No argument as far as I can see. All the evidence suggests that they are quite harmless. They may not do you any good at all, but if they do help your immune system to function better, then they are obviously well worth taking.

Can't lose, I'd say!  up!
Keep on trucking Gromit,   allthumbz  I've been taking vits nearly all my adult life, especially Mega H 40, by power health.
I used to go to the swimming pool 4 times a week ( pre COVID) and needed the extra boost .
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:07 pm

Just watching the BBC news, 9 out of 11 seriously ill patients with Covid on the ward visited hadn’t been vaccinated. 
Tammy the Matron admitted it was “difficult to be sympathetic” to patients who had turned down the vaccine and the staff felt upset. She ended the interview leaving in tears.
I’m all for freedom of choice but it was hard to watch.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol

Gromit likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:39 am

Dbvwt wrote:Just watching the BBC news, 9 out of 11 seriously ill patients with Covid on the ward visited hadn’t been vaccinated. 
Tammy the Matron admitted it was “difficult to be sympathetic” to patients who had turned down the vaccine and the staff felt upset. She ended the interview leaving in tears.
I’m all for freedom of choice but it was hard to watch.
Quite agree, so am I.

I could choose to shoot someone, but I won't!!

Is the choice so very different when unvaccinated patients are occupying beds that might keep alive a cancer or heart attack patient? This is basically what the NHS is so afraid of!

It's a very difficult argument of course (and I can never quite decide where I stand) but surely we all have a moral responsibility not to harm or endanger others by our own actions - or in this case, inactions??

I can certainly sympathise with Tammy, and all those like her, BUT . . . . it rather muddies the waters when a significant number of nurses and care workers refuse to have the vaccine!!

Where do we go from there??
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

mikethebike and IanH like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:11 am

There's a lack of consistency with some of these anti-vaxxers. 
My 50 year old nephew travelled the world when he was younger, spending months at a time in disease ridden countries both in Africa and Asia. I know for a fact he had to have umpteen injections, which he paid for, in order to obtain visas for these places.
Yet now he's vehemently against the covid vaccine, claiming it's untested and unproven.. But never questioned the vaccines he had years ago.
Perhaps back then there was no social media peddling conspiracy theories...
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

groundhog, mikethebike, Gromit and IanH like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:00 pm

Agreed Al

Have carried jab certs all my (military) working life for 3 different jabs, tetanus, yellow fever and malaria (I think!)
Each individual was personally responsible for them being in date.

I therefore cannot see any possible objection to a vaccination card, passport, call it what you will, indeed would welcome it especially if accepted globally as the ones above were.

Maybe a combination of Woke and Social Media (both worse than covid IMHO!) could be leading these people astray? hugegrins
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

mikethebike and Silver Tourist like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:29 pm

Elderly Neighbours across the road have tested positive after family visited them over Christmas, 
Friend and female neighbour was taken to the Hospital 2 weeks ago , unfortunately she contracted COVID during her stay there.
She came home today ,30 lbs lighter,totally wasted .
It's closer than you think.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike187 Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:45 pm

It’s certainly not over yet.

Talking to neighbours who are both ICU nurses, staff shortages in hospitals are starting to cause problems in all areas of care.

Stay safe

Mike

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:00 pm

I am rather angry with the current scientific advice regarding covid.
My advice, If you have been triple vaccinated is to get on with your life as normal.

I need to meet people with omicron now, I am triple vaccinated with probably highish antibody levels, plus I take a lot of vitamin D + K2. My main source of immunity is from a vaccine based on the spike protein. If I meet the omicron variant my immunity will be boosted by many more epitopes of the virus than just the spike protein. Over the next few weeks my antibody levels will decline and it is likely I will be offered another vaccination against the spike protein. I think it far preferable for my immune system to be challenge by omicron now, than in some weeks time when my antibody levels will have dropped. This way I will be better protected against covid variants than if I was just reliant on the immunity on offer from being vaccinated by the mRNA vaccines that are targeted against just the spike protein.

From February 1st I stopped wearing a mask during our frequent visits to the supermarkets and I remain well at a time when perhaps 1 in 20 of the people I meet has covid. It is likely that I have already met people who are excreting the covid virus. As with everything my life is mostly in my hands not others, unless I ask for help.

My views are consistent with John Campbell's on YouTube.
https://consent.youtube.com/m?continue=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2FCampbellteaching%2Fvideos%3Fcbrd%3D1&gl=GB&m=0&pc=yt&uxe=23983171&hl=en-GB&src=1
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

mikethebike, bikeralw, phil1855 and IanH like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:53 am

Yes . I agree. No Proof,but the quality of the face masks that many still want to wear for the rest of their lives is rubbish.
Currently in   winter sun Spain.

Micky
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

bikeralw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:06 am

I had my fourth covid jab two weeks ago but I haven't wore a mask for months as I have breathing difficulties. I also feel that it cannot be good for you to inhale what you have just breathed out.
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

bikeralw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:18 pm

Sorry it's masks for us.
----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Paulmold and Bilbobaggins like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:28 pm

Since the pandemic began I’ve done my own research (lucky to know knowledgeable doctors in hospital and GP’s) and made my own decisions. 

If that means I’ll continue to wear a mask in certain situations in order to help protect others more vulnerable than me, then so be it.
Sally
Sally

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2011

Paulmold, rgermain, Tinwheeler and Bilbobaggins like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:46 pm

After two years of doom and gloom, fear of change is outweighing fear of the virus.
Al
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:30 pm

The NEC show was absolutely packed today, all five halls, and at most 10% of visitors were wearing masks. I’d say even fewer than that. Perhaps as few as 5%. Practically nobody working on stands was wearing one either. I’d say widespread public support has ended.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:51 pm

Been there and agree. Back tomorrow to Friday
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:53 pm

rgermain wrote:Sorry it's masks for us.
----------
Richard
Same as Richard and others ,it's our personal choice.    up!
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

rgermain and Sally like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:25 pm

Trains are also very busy with less than 1% wearing masks.  NEC sold out of 19000 tickets for each day.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:33 pm

I'm glad to live in Wales where mask wearing is still compulsory in shops, public transport and health settings. No doubt that will end soon though but we will continue until we feel comfortable to stop.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Cymro, rgermain and Sally like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:40 pm

bikeralw wrote:After two years of doom and gloom, fear of change is outweighing fear of the virus.
Al
I believe it is personal common sense rather than fear of change which makes some of us take a more cautious view.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

rgermain and Sally like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:04 pm

If a new and more dangerous variant comes along at some point then I and I suspect most of us will be straight back to doing everything possible to stop the spread.
I fully respect everyone who wants to continue to wear masks etc… but there has to be a time when we try and get back to some kind of normality.
It is obvious from the recent posts that there is still a big divide on the subject but personally I’m now going to live my life as before.
Time will tell if I’m being foolhardy but I’m completely in agreement with the restrictions being lifted.

Last edited by Dbvwt on Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

bikeralw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:04 pm

Wee Nicola has said that masks won't be compulsory in Scotland. But will be strongly recommended, we are also keeping isolation of positive cases too. So far no  details of how tests will work to know if you are positive.

As usual she is using different timelines to Boris to prove the point we are not England.

Once tourist season starts will be interesting to see if strong recommendation for mask wearing will continue and will be effective or widely ignored. I have become accustomed to having space when out and about. Thought of 19000 crammed in to NEC makes me nervous despit bring triple jabbed and managing to avoid infection so far.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:31 pm

I for one have never had a covid test despite having the odd sniffle and cold like symptoms now and again over the last few years. So who is to say I haven't had it?
As above, triple jabbed, I've always done my best to keep out of the personal space of strangers even before this pandemic, so now I also intend to go back to a normal life, masks were all burnt weeks ago.
For those who want to carry on, I respect their decision, but when will ditching them feel safe, two weeks, two months, two years??? 
The tail can't go on wagging the dog.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

mikethebike and Dbvwt like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:35 pm

bikeralw wrote:After two years of doom and gloom, fear of change is outweighing fear of the virus.
Al
On the radio yesterday I think Sir David Spiegelhalter who was Professorship of the Public Understanding of Risk at Cambridge was expressing a similar view.
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next