The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COVID-19 infection numbers nearly 100k daily

+28
Dave 418
v8oholic
Sally
breakaleg
Cymro
merv
PLOUGHLIN
Jaytee
Relaxez-Vous
Tinwheeler
harrysp
Mike187
IanH
babian
rgermain
Mrgeoffrey
Paulmold
mikethebike
Dbvwt
Gromit
Askit
daisy mae
Peter Brown
Bilbobaggins
FreelanderUK
groundhog
bikeralw
burlingtonboaby
32 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

COVID-19 infection numbers nearly 100k daily - Page 3 Empty Re: COVID-19 infection numbers nearly 100k daily

Post by Askit Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:20 pm

You'll get no criticism from me David, it's no longer compulsory for you guys so it's your choice. My point is it's still compulsory in Scotland but compliance is sadly lacking in some places. To be honest I've no idea how effective they are, given my recent dalliance with Covid despite following all protocols. Perhaps it's closing the door after the horse has bolted but, if anything, I have become more conscious of being in close proximity to others, especially if they are not wearing a mask.

When we were down in the Lakes last week, we were waiting in a small queue to enter a coffee shop and wearing our masks as requested by the owners. A group of around thirty young people (in their 20s or 30s without masks) exited the shop, hugging, kissing and back slapping one another and swamping those of us outside. I cannot tell you how uncomfortable we felt at the time but later I felt quite angry at their lack of sensitivity and thoughtlessness towards others.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Dbvwt and Bilbobaggins like this post

Back to top Go down

COVID-19 infection numbers nearly 100k daily - Page 3 Empty Re: COVID-19 infection numbers nearly 100k daily

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:48 pm

What scares the hell out of my wife is when the local secondary school stops for lunch, hordes of school kids descent on the COOP, none of them wearing face masks.
Each to there own, my wife still has effects from Long COVID from March 2020. When neighbours test positive,we keep at arms length 
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:08 pm

COVID positive numbers are on the up, hardly anyone wearing face masks, I'm keeping mine on, had our boaster jab this afternoon, you should see the Q's of folk not booked in for their jab, we waited 20 minutes, all very efficient, waited for 15 minutes and back home for a can. ( Irn Bru).  hugegrins  
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:21 pm

From what i have found out these numbers are young/or children. They will be ok in the main BUT may infect others that are older.

Micky
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike187 Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:33 pm

Don’t forget to get your flu jab as well Boaby, had ours 4 weeks ago. Our Covid booster due in a couple of weeks. Don’t understand people not getting or wearing masks in crowded places, mind, it doesn’t help when the Health Secretary says be responsible wear a crowded places and then you see the MPs in the House of Commons and very few masks being worn particularly on the government’s side. 

Mike

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:10 pm

It's still a requirement in Scotland to wear masks in shops, shopping centres and all public transport (as well as older children in schools). To be fair, most are complying but thre is a significant minority who don't. It's often clear they are waiting for (almost inviting) a challenge. Shops have all but stopped engaging with the public on this, just tiny door signs and no tannoy announcements like before.

There appear to be a difference of opinion between those in health and politicians on this and I know whose opinion I value and trust most.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:14 pm

Mike187 wrote:Don’t forget to get your flu jab as well Boaby, had ours 4 weeks ago. Our Covid booster due in a couple of weeks. Don’t understand people not getting or wearing masks in crowded places, mind, it doesn’t help when the Health Secretary says be responsible wear a crowded places and then you see the MPs in the House of Commons and very few masks being worn particularly on the government’s side. 

Mike
We had our Flu jabs two weeks back at Boots chemist Mike,funny enough most of the queuing pubic were older than us, only a few youngsters.
Chatting to one of the volunteers before we went in,she said the Station road practice is the only one in Bridington with right deep cold refrigerators to store the vaccine.  shrugg
Let's hope the none vaxers see some sense and get jabbed..
No side effects yet.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:22 pm

Just checked and covid rates are much higher in Wales than England.
What does that mean regarding mask wearing?

Micky
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:24 pm

mikethebike wrote:Just checked and covid rates are much higher in Wales than England.

Micky

Give in  scratch head

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:44 pm

mikethebike wrote:Just checked and covid rates are much higher in Wales than England.

Micky
We also have a hard-core of those ignoring the rules in shops.
I posted elsewhere about our Tesco pharmacy where there was a queue of people all asking for lateral flow test kits and 4 out of 5 not wearing masks despite when asked why they  wanted kits said they felt unwell and wanted to make sure.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:09 am

Side effects from boaster Fizzy jab, sore heed from the AZ jabs, fine with the boaster, wife woke up with mild flu symptoms at 4 , shivering,sore heed, cold feet etc. tucked her up with a hottie and some paracetamol before I went out with Tag.
She's feeling better and warmed up, hope everyone else is fine when they have their 3rd jab,
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:25 am

According to the NHSScotland app thingy on my phone I had myasecond jab 5 months and 13 days ago, so think I should get call up to booster in next couple of weeks if all goes well.

Nursery daughter says a lot of her work colleagues got flu and booster at same time and quite a lot reporting side effects. In theory shouldn't be any more than individual risk, we used to give flu and pneumococcal have at same time quite safely. Given different side effects of Covid people reported for first and second doses think more likely predominantly a Covid booster effect. Still rather have it than not.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:34 am

I'm due to get both on Monday (got an appointment letter) so I'll let you know. The first jag had no impact on me but the second put me out of action for a day, despite that I would rather have the booster than not.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:09 am

burlingtonboaby wrote:Side effects from boaster Fizzy jab, sore heed from the AZ jabs, fine with the boaster, wife woke up with mild flu symptoms at 4 , shivering,sore heed, cold feet etc. tucked her up with a hottie and some paracetamol before I went out with Tag.
She's feeling better and warmed up, hope everyone else is fine when they have their 3rd jab,
Boaby
Sorry to hear that wishing her back to fully fit soon!

We have the flu jabs next Saturday and then Covid 3 sometime after that.
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:20 pm

groundhog wrote:
burlingtonboaby wrote:Side effects from boaster Fizzy jab, sore heed from the AZ jabs, fine with the boaster, wife woke up with mild flu symptoms at 4 , shivering,sore heed, cold feet etc. tucked her up with a hottie and some paracetamol before I went out with Tag.
Boaby
Sorry to hear that wishing her back to fully fit soon!

We have the flu jabs next Saturday and then Covid 3 sometime after that.
Knocked her of her feet this one GH, should be fine tomorrow, tough gals this Weegies.   up!
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Slaphead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike187 Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:59 pm

Hope see recovers quickly, Boaby.
Seems hit and miss if you get side effects. With our first jab we both had mild flu like symptoms, with the second I didn’t have any but Helen suffered quite badly the day after.

Mike

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:32 pm

Mike187 wrote:Hope see recovers quickly, Boaby.
Seems hit and miss if you get side effects. With our first jab we both had mild flu like symptoms, with the second I didn’t have any but Helen suffered quite badly the day after.

Mike
Thanks Mike,she stayed up for few hours this afternoon,had some tea and scone,she's back in bed with a hottie. As you say Mike it's the luck of the draw, my heads is still pounding,wish I had some Askit powers.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:51 pm

In bed with a hottie eh! Well you punch him on the nose when you get upstairs Boaby... or were you just meaning yoursen and being facetious..... hugegrins
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:58 pm

We both had our flu jabs three weeks ago. Wife had no side effects, I had the mother of all headaches the same evening plus freezing cold feet, OK by morning. 5 days later I got flu type symptoms , wife got cough couple days later. Both of us still under the weather. Cannot state categorically that this is side effects of jab as some say any side effects happen within the first couple of days. Lateral flow tested negative.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:02 am

Wife had an uncomfortable night again, she's looking through the washing basket to put a wash on,so all not lost.
I thought I had got away with the side effects,of the boaster, perspiring all night ,but felt cold, sore joints and very little energy.
Good luck with your jabs lads and lassies.   allthumbz
Boaby 4 jabs
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:14 am

I must be lucky or fit.Had mine weeks ago.More notice with the flue jab.

Micky
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:31 pm

Figures for those interested.
Covid in intensive care  892.
Peak NHS      jan 21     4,076.
ie many thousands daily are not serious.
Too many not had the jab is not helping.

Micky
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:20 pm

I didn't expect to see so many older folk in the Q waiting for their boaster jab.
Maybe I need to up my fitness levels then  Mike, two dog walks a day averaging 4 miles plus swimming twice a week.
Feeling better although feet and legs are still cold.wife is better too. allthumbz
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:52 pm

mikethebike wrote:Figures for those interested.
Covid in intensive care  892.
Peak NHS      jan 21     4,076.
ie many thousands daily are not serious.
Too many not had the jab is not helping.

Micky

I’m not dismissing COVID as a serious problem in the slightest but the fact that many of the very sad deaths and serious cases are people that haven’t had the jab seems very unreported.
A daily ‘deaths jabbed’…‘deaths unjabbed’  figure might focus a few minds but I do respect those who have chosen not to get the jab, we all make our own choices in life.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:22 pm

Having read the above I am not so sure I want the third fizzy jab. I am already very careful rarely go to pubs or restaurants and live in a pretty isolated environment.
If another strain pops up tomorrow would I be asked to get jab number four?
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next