The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COVID-19 infection numbers nearly 100k daily

+28
Dave 418
v8oholic
Sally
breakaleg
Cymro
merv
PLOUGHLIN
Jaytee
Relaxez-Vous
Tinwheeler
harrysp
Mike187
IanH
babian
rgermain
Mrgeoffrey
Paulmold
mikethebike
Dbvwt
Gromit
Askit
daisy mae
Peter Brown
Bilbobaggins
FreelanderUK
groundhog
bikeralw
burlingtonboaby
32 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

COVID-19 infection numbers nearly 100k daily - Page 9 Empty Re: COVID-19 infection numbers nearly 100k daily

Post by burlingtonboaby Sat May 13, 2023 8:32 pm

covid is still with us, both of us tested positive this afternoon, Boots the chemist delivered two new COVID test kits to our door. O.K it cost £9 for 4 tests.
Our local GP surgeryhanded out old kits which turned out to be out of date and useless.
The wife has had bed rest for few days with hot water bottles and paracetamol, I suffered less I think as I have asthma puffers helping to keep the lungs open.

Had to cancel next weeks hols, carn't taste the fish suppers anyway, back to the face masks and hand sanitiser,
Hope you all stay fit.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

COVID-19 infection numbers nearly 100k daily - Page 9 Empty Re: COVID-19 infection numbers nearly 100k daily

Post by Dave Gee Sat May 13, 2023 8:50 pm

Hope you and your wife get well soon Boaby.
Dave Gee
Dave Gee

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat May 13, 2023 8:54 pm

Sorry to hear that Bob, look after yourself and her indoors.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Sat May 13, 2023 9:04 pm

Hopefully mild for both of you. I am still not back to full fitness after bout of covid in March, get easily fatigued and have to pace myself carefully. Feeling like an old man shrugg

Take care and look after yourselves.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Sun May 14, 2023 8:34 am

Sorry to hear that Boaby, hope you're both feeling better soon.

We've both had "something" over the last three or four weeks, a hacking cough, running nose, headaches and feeling lousy. It doesn't feel like Covid, at least not the version I had before, but who knows. It seems that all recording of Covid incidences have stopped, in fact the requirement for home carers (support workers, nurses etc) to wear masks stops here this week..

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Sun May 14, 2023 10:13 am

So sorry to read your post Bob, hope you both make a swift recovery. Thinking abut you and your good Lady.
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun May 14, 2023 10:25 am

Thanks for all of the your thoughts, we are improving by the day and Tag gets me out in the morning , that helps to get the strength back
Anyway,onwards and upwards
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly

groundhog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Sun May 14, 2023 1:21 pm

There's a suggestion that the more "vaccinations" you have, the more likely you are to get covid. The body becomes habituated and your immune system down-regulates. I'm not having any more.
There's some murky stuff out there on the internet about all this. I'll stop at that.
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

bikeralw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Sun May 14, 2023 1:56 pm

Relaxez-Vous wrote:There's a suggestion that the more "vaccinations" you have, the more likely you are to get covid. The body becomes habituated and your immune system down-regulates. I'm not having any more.
There's some murky stuff out there on the internet about all this. I'll stop at that.
I'm starting to come round to that conclusion as well. Neither my wife or myself are in any 'at risk' groups, so at the moment don't qualify for the latest vaccinations, but if offered we're not having any more.
Both of us never had a cold or any other virus for six or seven years, until we had our third jabs. Since then it's been one cold type bug after another, someone only has to sneeze on TV and we seem to catch it...
We're concentrating now on building up our immune systems naturally, while trying to avoid crowds.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9