The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COVID-19 infection numbers nearly 100k daily

+28
Dave 418
v8oholic
Sally
breakaleg
Cymro
merv
PLOUGHLIN
Jaytee
Relaxez-Vous
Tinwheeler
harrysp
Mike187
IanH
babian
rgermain
Mrgeoffrey
Paulmold
mikethebike
Dbvwt
Gromit
Askit
daisy mae
Peter Brown
Bilbobaggins
FreelanderUK
groundhog
bikeralw
burlingtonboaby
32 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

COVID-19 infection numbers nearly 100k daily - Page 8 Empty Re: COVID-19 infection numbers nearly 100k daily

Post by mikethebike Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:44 pm

Paulmold wrote:I'm glad to live in Wales where mask wearing is still compulsory in shops, public transport and health settings. No doubt that will end soon though but we will continue until we feel comfortable to stop.

As i was led to believe mask wearing never stopped in Wales.
Covid cases was always high ,never lower than England.
I think this will confirm it was distance ,not masks that make the difference eventually.

Micky
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

bikeralw likes this post

Back to top Go down

COVID-19 infection numbers nearly 100k daily - Page 8 Empty Re: COVID-19 infection numbers nearly 100k daily

Post by Mike187 Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:44 pm

Bilbobaggins wrote:Wee Nicola has said that masks won't be compulsory in Scotland. But will be strongly recommended, we are also keeping isolation of positive cases too. So far no  details of how tests will work to know if you are positive.

As usual she is using different timelines to Boris to prove the point we are not England.

Once tourist season starts will be interesting to see if strong recommendation for mask wearing will continue and will be effective or widely ignored. I have become accustomed to having space when out and about. Thought of 19000 crammed in to NEC makes me nervous despit bring triple jabbed and managing to avoid infection so far.

I’m sure Covid has had the same effects on the populations of the four nations of the Union, it’s a pity our politicians could not see that and work together and in unison, they would have all gone up in my estimation if they had. Perhaps I have too high expectations.

Mike

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2013

mikethebike and Sally like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:48 pm

bikeralw wrote:I for one have never had a covid test despite having the odd sniffle and cold like symptoms now and again over the last few years. So who is to say I haven't had it?
As above, triple jabbed, I've always done my best to keep out of the personal space of strangers even before this pandemic, so now I also intend to go back to a normal life, masks were all burnt weeks ago.
For those who want to carry on, I respect their decision, but when will ditching them feel safe, two weeks, two months, two years??? 
The tail can't go on wagging the dog.
Al.
For me, who’s shielding to very vulnerable elderly parents/relatives, I’ll follow the professional advice I was given that masks help reduce the risk to them. I’ll also test before visiting them. As both are extremely minor inconveniences, I’ll do them until I judge it okay not to.
Sally
Sally

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:56 pm

I’ve always found it strange that many individuals who followed government rules blindly (do this now, don’t do this now, wear this, don’t wear this, etc.) just because they were ‘the rules’, now criticise me for doing my own research and taking a balanced view based on risk and care for others. 

That is NOT aimed at anyone on here; it’s aimed at those in society who have spent 2 years following rules because someone told them to, but are now publicly challenging those who act from personal responsibility.
Sally
Sally

Female

Mike187 and Bilbobaggins like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:51 pm

I still believe Brexit was the worst thing ever.

What a fuss it is now to take a dog abroad.

Also just read, a new strain of Covid has been found in 46 Countries. 
---------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:42 pm

New COVID variate infection numbers are up daily, we had our boaster jab this morning , hope the side effects aren't like the last lot. ( flu jab 3 weeks ago)
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike187 Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:40 pm

We have had both flu and Covid jabs, I had no after effects but Helen suffered quite badly for a couple of days after the Covid one, she after the her last booster as well last November.

Mike

Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:19 pm

After being sneezed on and testing positive a few days later I thought it would be a sensible move to have my update jab after receiving a text from the NHS.
Trying to book on line as before it said the nearest centre was 12 or 15 miles away rather than in town as before. I hope I stay clear until they find somewhere nearer to home.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:23 pm

Appointment for flu and covid booster came in post last weekend....3rd November! If numbers keep increasing may have to resort to being a hermit until then

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolyan Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:29 pm

I had this text today, but I can’t help thinking it looks like a scam!

COVID-19 infection numbers nearly 100k daily - Page 8 E4b35f10
Rolyan
Rolyan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:37 pm

The email address is genuine, can't comment on the bottom link. Send an email asking if the link is genuine.

Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:44 pm

This is the text I got and is kosha:

COVID-19 infection numbers nearly 100k daily - Page 8 Scree107
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:52 pm

Bilbobaggins wrote:Appointment for flu and covid booster came in post last weekend....3rd November! If numbers keep increasing may have to resort to being a hermit until then

We got our letters about a month ago, we're getting the booster and a flu jab at the same visit on Monday. I'm on at 13.51pm and my wife is on 13.53pm  shrugg

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:01 pm

Our surgery does flue jab sessions. We missed two while away. I rang up lunch time Wednesday to ask when there was another and we were asked if we could go then so were done flue in an hour.

The covid text arrived at the beginning of September just after we left home. Booked Wednesday morning with first available appointments on 28 October.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:05 pm

Happened to be in our surgery for a blood test in Aug, asked re covid booster 2, oh, she said we've just started taking bookings today!
So we had ours and 2 x flu as well on Wednesday.
No real after effects.

As it is, effectively global I can't see how some minor politician in Scotland can formulate different rules to rest of UK.

If going to Spain be aware that VERY strictly masks must be worn on any form of public transport, even cable cars. That was the case in N Spain last month.
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:57 pm

IanH wrote:
As it is, effectively global I can't see how some minor politician in Scotland can formulate different rules to rest of UK.

Sorry Ian, I live in Scotland and have no idea what different rules you are talking about. Have I missed something?

Donator
Donator

Male

BobK likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by nuevoboy Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:10 am

Nuevogirl rang our surgery last week and asked about the 'flu jabs.
Come along next week and you can have your Covid booster too, they said.

As I reacted really badly to the Pfizer one last time, I asked which one they were administering and was told Pfizer again, so I politely declined and asked about the possibility of the Moderna one.

After several phone calls from various NHS departments I was told I could attend a clinic for the Moderna and had it yesterday, with no guarantees that I wouldn't react badly again.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I won't suffer for 6 months like I did with the Pfizer, but this morning I feel as if I've had a rugby session with the Welsh front row. rolleyes
nuevoboy
nuevoboy
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolyan Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:54 am

Paulmold wrote:The email address is genuine, can't comment on the bottom link. Send an email asking if the link is genuine.
It was genuine, so now booked in for Covid and flu jab.
Rolyan
Rolyan

Male

Paulmold likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:19 pm

Got a text just before midnight that my phone said was spam. Informed me I have been in close contact with someone who tested positive for covid, click on link with strange  .com email address for my free test.

Not been in touch with anyone other than family since  Monday, none of whom have tested positive, and none of us have the tracking app active.

Still have a box of tests in bathroom so will wait for symptoms before testing.

Checked online and same scam text reported in June 22 by BBC and others, googling number gives several reports today of people receiving texts.  Web address to contact is definitely NOT an NHS one.

Take care

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:54 pm

Almost a year to the week we had our first Fizzy booster, same side effects , I'm better ,the wife is improving after 2 days.
Get your booster ,it's better than getting getting the full blown infection.
Have a nice day.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HJA Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:06 pm

Have heard nothing from anyone about either covid or flu. (we are aged 70 and 71) We booked ourselves covid  boosters through NHS website a few weeks ago. Fortunately both fine.
Our surgery has always contacted us about flu jabs, nothing this year. Been away for a few days so went into surgery on Friday (easier than ringing!) to be told everyone's been texted. No they havnt I said. You always phone me.. What are you doing about those where you dont have mobile numbers? Answer: nothing to do with me. Anyway managed to get appointments for Nov 5th. I am a bit irritated because I have just started my allergy treatment again which was stopped because of covid.  Initially it is weekly injections. I could have done with having my flu jab before I started, because I have to miss a week of allergy treatment when I have my flu jab.  But I assumed they would contact me.  There wasnt even anything on their website because I looked a while ago.
Interestingly, when I was at hospital for the allergy treatment the nurse was telling me that many staff had been adversely effected by the covid booster this time. She had had to have a day and a half off work.
HJA
HJA

Female

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by nuevoboy Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:26 am

Thankfully the after effects of my training session with the Welsh front row (see 5 posts up) eased quite a bit yesterday with only a slight neck ache and tender arm.
My arm is still a bit red this morning, but stupidly I asked for the jab in my right arm (I'm left handed) so I've got no excuse not to carry on with the decorating this morning.
nuevoboy
nuevoboy
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:10 pm

We had our Pfizer booster and flu jabs 24 hours ago. Both of us have tenderness in the area of our arms where we got the injections (to be expected) and some joint pain. We also both have "dull" headaches but have resisted taking any meds at this point. None of it feels in any way serious, rather more mild irritation.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:38 pm

Askit wrote:We had our Pfizer booster and flu jabs 24 hours ago. Both of us have tenderness in the area of our arms where we got the injections (to be expected) and some joint pain. We also both have "dull" headaches but have resisted taking any meds at this point. None of it feels in any way serious, rather more mild irritation.

A wee hot toddie will help Tony.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Peter Brown likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:28 am

Management and I had flu and covid vaccine late yesterday afternoon. She has tenderness at injection sites, I don't but I feel like I have been hit by a bus. Been out for a quick shop, paracetamol I took at 7 hasn't made any difference so will concede defeat and curl up in my chair for rest of today.

Short term pain for long term gain. Rather feel like this for today than catch flu or covid later.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next