The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COVID-19 infection numbers nearly 100k daily

+28
Dave 418
v8oholic
Sally
breakaleg
Cymro
merv
PLOUGHLIN
Jaytee
Relaxez-Vous
Tinwheeler
harrysp
Mike187
IanH
babian
rgermain
Mrgeoffrey
Paulmold
mikethebike
Dbvwt
Gromit
Askit
daisy mae
Peter Brown
Bilbobaggins
FreelanderUK
groundhog
bikeralw
burlingtonboaby
32 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

COVID-19 infection numbers nearly 100k daily - Page 6 Empty Re: COVID-19 infection numbers nearly 100k daily

Post by Paulmold Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:35 am

I like Professors Chris Smith and Linda Boult that appear every Saturday AM on BBC breakfast show (they had an extra appearance today answering viewers questions).

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

COVID-19 infection numbers nearly 100k daily - Page 6 Empty Re: COVID-19 infection numbers nearly 100k daily

Post by Guest Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:56 pm

I've read a few posts hear regarding how people were affected after receiving covid vaccinations.  I got my booster and flu vaccinations three weeks ago. I suffered the usual tenderness around the vaccination site for a day or two. About four days later my shoulder started getting painful. The pain has increased until I have lost the full range of movement in my arm. I'm currently attending my physio to resolve this issue. 
This got me doing some reading and apparently "Shoulder injury related vaccination administration (SIRVA)" is on the rise. Probably due to the shear numbers of the population being vaccinated, but how many inexperienced people are administering vaccinations with minimal training. I  was tempted to walk away when I saw my vaccinator struggling to get the vaccine into the syringe. My wife had sat down at the same time as me to get jabbed.  She was sitting at the side of the hall waiting on me and this person was still trying to fill the syringe. 
I'm not antivax but I dread having to get another booster now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:15 pm

That's nasty.
3 Covid vaccines and and the usual flu, no problems so far for both of us.
But like you say, more boosters surely on the way, there are already some at risk groups earmarked for vaccine number 4, and as the WHO are saying no one is safe till we're all safe, and this may take 5 years at the present rollout, there looks like many more to come..
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:27 pm

56 reported suspect Shoulder injury related vaccination administration with 115,500,000 vaccinations. Painful for you but not something to generally worry about for the general case. Hope your shoulder is right soon.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper Model : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:48 am

Eldest daughter (28) got invite to vaccination centre by text a couple of weeks ago. Had to reschedule to yesterday. I wasn't sure why she had been called as not high risk an had secon jab 13 weeks ago. When she got to vac centre they weren't sure either. Common sense prevailed and as she was there, had been invited and was over new 12 week threshold announced in Scotland on Tuesday, she was given her booster.

We are now officially s fully boosted household, even though the boosters don't show up on the NHS Scotland vaccine app thingy on the phones.

Still going to continue as hermits for the winter. boo

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:54 am

Both of us received our frizzy booster from the same nurse practitioner,didn't feel my jab, however the wife said her jab was painful going in, she had a swollen arm and other side effects mentioned in earlier posts.
Hope the hell we we don't have to get another one.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:17 am

daisy mae wrote:I think it is arrogant and selfish to have that attitude, don`t like wearing them etc. who does, NHS workers do not, and they work very long shifts to help us,
My two young Granddaughters are dental nurses, and from day one had to wear full pps and masks, not at all pleasant in a surgery, one fainted the first day because of how hot they were,  and some moan to wearing one or a few minutes,

Also don`t think it has gone far enough, crowded dance halls etc, also think borders should be closed .it is just letting the virus in , I know it will probably always be with us in some form or other, , but surely we have to do our best to protect ourselves and others.

I don`t like them who does, and I wear glasses that steam up, I do not go into  pubs or restaurants haven`t since it all started, cannot afford to get it neither  of us here can , health issues, that is why I told our neighbour not come round .  

I am beginning to wonder where has decency and common sense gone ,oh I know, a lot of folk are selfish and only think of them selves. blow everyone else, I feel the better times have long gone where respect, manners and considerations were the norm.

If I come across as angry yes I am. so angry At the rate it is going there will be another lockdown, then folks will be jumping up and down whose fault will it be.?
Why don't you come out and say it as it is Daisy mae??
Firstly, in the past I've spent entire shifts in toxic chemical environments wearing heavy protective equipment that makes NHS equipment look like a child's dressing up outfit.. So you can't lecture me on that..
Then you go on to say restrictions haven't gone far enough, calling for closure of borders etc, yet end your post by saying the last thing you want is another lockdown.. Just how far are you comfortable with?

Why do the protected need to be protected from the unprotected by forcing the unprotected to use the protection that didn't protect the protected in the first place?

To quote your signature, which is very true here.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that mind don`t matter, and those who matter don`t mind.

Dr. Seuss
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:07 pm

bikeralw wrote:
daisy mae wrote:I think it is arrogant and selfish to have that attitude, don`t like wearing them etc. who does, NHS workers do not, and they work very long shifts to help us,
My two young Granddaughters are dental nurses, and from day one had to wear full pps and masks, not at all pleasant in a surgery, one fainted the first day because of how hot they were,  and some moan to wearing one or a few minutes,

Also don`t think it has gone far enough, crowded dance halls etc, also think borders should be closed .it is just letting the virus in , I know it will probably always be with us in some form or other, , but surely we have to do our best to protect ourselves and others.

I don`t like them who does, and I wear glasses that steam up, I do not go into  pubs or restaurants haven`t since it all started, cannot afford to get it neither  of us here can , health issues, that is why I told our neighbour not come round .  

I am beginning to wonder where has decency and common sense gone ,oh I know, a lot of folk are selfish and only think of them selves. blow everyone else, I feel the better times have long gone where respect, manners and considerations were the norm.

If I come across as angry yes I am. so angry At the rate it is going there will be another lockdown, then folks will be jumping up and down whose fault will it be.?
Why don't you come out and say it as it is Daisy mae??
Firstly, in the past I've spent entire shifts in toxic chemical environments wearing heavy protective equipment that makes NHS equipment look like a child's dressing up outfit.. So you can't lecture me on that..
Then you go on to say restrictions haven't gone far enough, calling for closure of borders etc, yet end your post by saying the last thing you want is another lockdown.. Just how far are you comfortable with?

Why do the protected need to be protected from the unprotected by forcing the unprotected to use the protection that didn't protect the protected in the first place?

To quote your signature, which is very true here.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that mind don`t matter, and those who matter don`t mind.

Dr. Seuss

You are entitle to your view as we all, but do get it correct, I did not say I wanted a lock down, please read again, i said" AT THE RATE IT IS GOING THERE WILL BE ANOTHER LOCKDOWN, "WHICH is different to what I actually said, I take it you are not happy but then again I am not happy with folk that will not wear masks. I can take criticism if I give it I can take it . but not when I am accused of saying / doing something that I haven`t.

Have a good day.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:17 pm

I can read thank you very much.
I'm not engaging in a slanging match, but you DID say you wanted restrictions to go further, borders, dance halls... whatever next... the ultimate is lockdown, which you don't want, hence my question. 

Enjoy your Christmas, it sounds fun..
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by babian Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:57 am

My personal update.
Had booster jab on Thursday (Pfizer). First two vaccines were A/Z.
Went back to work lifting heavy things after jab no problem, but Friday felt "well strange" . All ok today so some type of side effect lasted about 48hrs.
Masks ???
Have worn one in shops all the way through when asked  to or the law requires me to. I've worn one in England , Scotland and Wales on our travels with no problem or hesitation.
I continue to wear one (even when in England it was lifted) and would hope my fellow shoppers would too due to two things....!! 
(I have grown to never be less than two metres from anyone anyway, inside or out)

One......I don't fancy getting flu, covid or a winter cold, or give it to someone else.

Two...... I don't want to give any of those to my Father or stop visiting him...!!! as he has just started his third course of chemotherapy , which has helped extend his life with us and held advanced and aggressive cancer on hold.

Reading others comments above, 
sometimes we have to walk in others footsteps and give others a moments thought.

PS my little NHS vaccine appointment card is getting a little full, there looks to be not much room on it to scribble more dates and vaccine reference numbers. Where did that strange year go "again".
babian
babian

Male

Paulmold, MelB, Mike187 and IanH like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:10 am

My booster was also Pfizer after first two were AZ. After all three, my arm ached, after both AZ I got bad headache and shivers lasting 24 hours. The booster only gave the arm ache. Wife Carol had initial 2 AZ but booster Moderna. No side effects at all from AZ but Moderna gave her aching arms, feeling very cold and tired for 24/48 hours.
Wales has continued to require masks in shops and we have continued to do so and kept our distance from others and most (certainly not all) people do likewise. Those that don't are kept at greater distance away.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by babian Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:30 am

While on the subject of "masks", my only reference material (our towns tesco store)
Lately the wearing of masks is about 97% and those without look to be "exempt  ", land yards, (who knows)  apart from young mothers with push chairs? Also and I'm not sure how to put this, all people of colour? are 100% wearing masks and that was certainly not the case previously.
Strange one this, saw man in his early 60's shopping yesterday riding a mobility scooter, friendly chap all smiles but no mask.
Followed him out of the store, at distance, but he stopped just outside the shop doors and some people had to move around him.
He couldn't wait any longer he had stopped to light up a fag.

Last edited by babian on Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling again !!!)
babian
babian

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:47 am

The Omicron variant is highly transmissible, but John Campbell continues to report encouraging news coming out of South Africa about the lack of severity of the infection for those infected with the Omicron variant.

Personally I am tending to think that perhaps getting a dose of the Omicron variant for those who are fully vaccinated may be good thing. It might be a final chapter in this pandemic's story, fingers crossed. From Wiki I read that the devastating pandemic caused by Spanish flue, by 1920 it had mutated into something like ordinary seasonal flue.

John Campbell, "The Latest data, looking good".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Paq17X6ucQ
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:09 pm

We're thinking much the same. The SAGE prediction of another 5 to 10 years of this fear hanging over everyone is depressing.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:35 pm

More good news. The BBC is finally reporting today on some of their news programs South African doctors'' experience of patients who have the omicron variant. Reports continue to support the hope that the effects of omicron are far milder than previous covid-19 variants, fewer hospitalisations, fewer patients requiring supplementary oxygen support and fewer deaths. Important though, we all need to be fully vaccinated, get your third vaccination. I'm due a 4th later in April 2022.

I recommend following John Campbell on YouTube. After listening to him, my wife and I have been taking 4000 units of vitamin D daily, and vitamin K2 200 micro grams to prevent calcium being deposited into soft tissues, like arteries.
Vitamin D boosts the immune system, and apparently reduces the risk of bowel and prostate cancer. Recently our son had a rotten cold with a productive cough which didn't touch us, perhaps a one off.
Current advice in the UK about vitamin D supplementation is wrong, for them it's all about preventing rickets, nothing about having an adequate vitamin D level to support our immune system.

I'm keeping an eye on the South African deaths from omicron. So far apart from one website I have not seen any up to date info since December 4th, perhaps more from South Africa on the 15th December.

That all said some people will die and their families significantly affected, though will it be with or from the omicron variant, I'll be listening to news reports for this distinction. The Labour MP (Shadow Health Secretary perhaps) that I heard in Parliament today mixed up with and from, but then he wants to blame the Government for their mishandling, only a natural consequence of our adversarial political system. This / our political system sets a bad example to us all
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:23 pm

We have been taking vitamin D/D3 since April 2020 when we first heard a doctor recommend it during an interview. Also take a vitamin C and zinc tablet.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:11 pm

Well at least there's some light relief: here's a sign which made my grandchildren laugh:

COVID-19 infection numbers nearly 100k daily - Page 6 Canolf10

The Welsh text has an unfortunate omission, of a letter B. It should read "Canolfan Brechu" But as shown it translates as "Farting Centre".

Bilingual signs remain a constant source of pleasure!

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

brodco and Mike187 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:31 am

Cymro wrote:Well at least there's some light relief: here's a sign which made my grandchildren laugh:

COVID-19 infection numbers nearly 100k daily - Page 6 Canolf10

The Welsh text has an unfortunate omission, of a letter B. It should read "Canolfan Brechu" But as shown it translates as "Farting Centre".

Bilingual signs remain a constant source of pleasure!

Cymro

Good one, as they say "it's ill wind that blow nobody any good" biggrin

I got a blood test earlier in the year as part of an ongoing (non urgent) health issue. The consultant phoned to tell me I was vitamin D deficient and to start taking a daily dose immediately.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Neuvo EK LP

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:46 pm

The new proposal of having to show covid pass and/or a negative lateral flow test result is farcical. Yes the Covid pass is valid but as for the test result, that can be falsified so easily. When you put the result of a test onto the NHS website , it can be reported as negative even if you haven't even taken a test. You only have to scan the QR code or number and simply say it was negative, no proof required. So if someone has paid a lot of money to see a show , will they be honest or just go and lie about the test?

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:48 pm

I eat lots of fruit, however I supplement with Vitabiotics ultra Vitamin D wee pills, Feroglobin gentle iron ( bit B12) capsules and Magnesium tablets,( also take daily vits) before anyone jumps on me, I don't take them all at the same time. I spread the intake over the week.
Our local GP surgery is open over the Christmas period to administer jabs, well done, I wonder how many will follow suite as the 4 th virus hits us. Keep the face masks on.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:19 pm

Unfortunately Boaby, I don't think it will make any difference to the spreading of the plague, but it will give considerably more personal protection if you catch it - and you probably will this time!

The media don't seem to have realised that the vaccine was never designed to prevent you catching the virus, but it helps protect against serious consequences if/when you do.

Also it only reduces by a small amount your ability to spread the disease, so face masks are probably still a good idea - although even that is debatable if Omicron is as mild as we hope it is.

Many eminent scientists (not the doom and gloom idiots in SAGE with their perpetually inaccurate modelling guesswork) are saying that Omicron might be the road to salvation. Virtually everyone catches it, very few have serious symptoms, and almost nobody dies from it, rather than with it. Then we have achieved herd immunity, and we can go back to normal and treat it just like seasonal flu.

Let's hope so, and also pray that Boris isn't panicked into a Christmas lockdown - or even a January one. Nothing has worked so far, so more of the same is only going to cripple the country still further - feel sorry for anyone who owns a pub or a restaurant!!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK LP

mikethebike, Silver Tourist and Dbvwt like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:38 pm

The daily dose of vitamin D was for Tony's benefit, I find the extra vits get me up in the morning help me through the day and enjoy life 
Agree, face masks seems to be the best protection along side a full dose of jabs.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:45 pm

Dr John Campbell (youtube) who someone kindly led me to on here, is pushing hard, 4000IU per day of Vit D, Small dose of K2, and, especially Zinc

He also makes the point that Omicron doesn't mix with Delta, it completely displaces it.

Worth subscribing to his channel, he does a new issue every day.
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:46 pm

burlingtonboaby wrote:The daily dose of vitamin D was for Tony's benefit, I find the extra vits get me up in the morning help me through the day and enjoy life 
Agree, face masks seems to be the best protection along side a full dose of jabs.
Boaby
Just had an email to say mine are arriving tomorrow. We take the same as Paul, and have almost run out.

No argument as far as I can see. All the evidence suggests that they are quite harmless. They may not do you any good at all, but if they do help your immune system to function better, then they are obviously well worth taking.

Can't lose, I'd say!  up!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:50 pm

IanH wrote:Dr John Campbell (youtube) who someone kindly led me to on here, is pushing hard, 4000IU per day of Vit D, Small dose of K2, and, especially Zinc

He also makes the point that Omicron doesn't mix with Delta, it completely displaces it.

Worth subscribing to his channel, he does a new issue every day.
Indeed it is Ian.  up!

Check out his post of a couple of days ago when he was in discussion with a doctor working in Israel. Very illuminating and quite surprising in parts about those exact supplements you mention, specially Vit D.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next