The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for advice on Autosleeper Nuevo

+3
Actionmike
murph
The Chase
7 posters

Go down

Looking for advice on Autosleeper Nuevo  Empty Looking for advice on Autosleeper Nuevo

Post by The Chase Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:35 pm

Am looking to get into motorhoming, I did have a old VW way back when we all had long hair and nobody had mobile phones and computers i.e. back in the 1970's. Our Skippy (got it from a Australian) well you had to call vans something then, no elevating roof or plumbed in water etc but it did get us around like many trips to France in the Franc days and a restriction on how much money you could take with you not that bothered us much as we did not have much to take in the first place.LOL nothing’s changed then in the last 40 years.......
We both finished work last April looked for a van but planned on a trip in the May so ran out of time to find the "Right" van so got a tent for the first time in our lives and it worked out great with two trips last year over the water first one for 4 weeks in France followed by 5 weeks in Germany and Austria, the trips went great apart from the August snow on us in Seefeld....
Well now’s the time to get our Auto Sleeper which back in the 70's we liked when they were based on a Commer I think but no way could we afford one, now we are looking to get a Nuevo, looking at one about 4 to 7 years old so any tips hints etc please post. We live in Staffordshire so not many dealers around us so again any help on that front. With the link with AS and Marquis are they the best place to look?.Are the beds ok, what size engine plus mileage on the clock things I should expect from it any year to avoid etc etc please.Looking for just the 2 berth not ES model.

Regards
John
The Chase
The Chase

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : None

Back to top Go down

Looking for advice on Autosleeper Nuevo  Empty Re: Looking for advice on Autosleeper Nuevo

Post by murph Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:27 am

Look at recent posts for Neuvo ES where I have put some details I dont want to write it all again so soon.

Brian2
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Looking for advice on Autosleeper Nuevo  Empty Re: Looking for advice on Autosleeper Nuevo

Post by The Chase Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:51 pm

Hi Brian, I will look up your post, many thanks.
John
The Chase
The Chase

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chase Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:03 pm

Found it Brian.
Can you get a Lancashire in 2 berths with end kitchen?
I did see an advert for a Lancashire some time ago but did not know what it was but I do now.
We were looking for a newer model but after what you have put we will look at the series 1 with the 2.2 engine as I thought that the 2lt would be under powered.

Although ours is called Lancashire ES this is a Marquis special Neuvo and ours is the earlier series 1. Of the five motorhomes of various models we have owned I rate this the best of the 5, it is slightly shorter than the series 11 due to Peugeot/Fiat fitting an extra crumple zone in the bonnet of the post 2007 models this means slight extra overhang when parking in a car park. The washroom is much superior in the series 11 being an entirely different design with a swing wall and fold up basin to give more space than in ours. I do believe that the sliding seat system is the same and works well but watch the size of the overcab area, on ours it would be rather cramped for 2 adults or older teenagers though it is fine for 1 adult for short periods, or 2 smaller children. Ours has the 2.2 litre engine and though I am not a speed merchant I would suggest that many would find the 2 litre version underpowered, personally if I bought one with a 2 litre engine I would immedeatley have it remapped to give a bit of extra power.
The Chase
The Chase

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionmike Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:30 pm

Hi John,
we bought a '07 Nuevo EK Mk11. ( end kitchen) in December 2011. We think its great! We wanted a short wheelbase van, with a large engine, as we intend to tow some toys with it later! Have driven quite a few other vans with smaller engines, they all seem a bit "flat" to me. Its a bit compact inside, but we've just spent a week down in Cornwall and we're still happy. Ours is a two berth, with a 3ltr engine (great fun!)
Its our ideal van. Mike.
Actionmike
Actionmike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : NUEVO EK 3.0
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chase Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:48 pm

Hi Mike,
We can only get a short wheelbase van on our drive and the Nuevo fits the bill, like the 3lt engine as you say great fun.....
Did not know how many different models on the Nuevo are around like the Lancashire, Classic,Orian Zeta etc plus engine sizes, its a mine field out in buying land LOL.
John
The Chase
The Chase

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:07 pm

Hi John... Don't write the series2 off just yet!

I haven't replied sooner as we have quite a few Nuevo owners on the forum and I thought you would have had more replies than you have had so far? but my advice for what it's worth would be to visit a few dealers and see the different vehicles in the flesh to get the feel for them... or even better go to a good show like the upcoming Malvern show, we did this last year when we were looking at Series1 Nuevo's which we intended to purchase, originally we were looking at a late'ish series1 as we didn't think we could afford the later series2 but we saw a series2 at west country motorhomes and we were sold on the later model from that point and totally discarded the series1 from that point on.

To be honest there wasn't / isn't a great deal of difference in price between the two models and we were happy paying slightly more for the better (in our opinion.. others may disagree) series2 which is a more modern and much better looking vehicle for starters, it's slightly wider, and slightly longer meaning it over hangs standard parking bays slightly, but this hasn't really been a problem so far for us in car parks on our travels, if size is a concern then you could opt for a Nuevo "Classic" on the series2 which is narrower and shorter like the series1 (which apparently Auto-Sleepers reluctantly went on to make due to a surprising demand from series1 owners saying the series2 was too wide and long) yet these appear to be quite rare (on our travels at least) so not sure how many were actually produced and how many of these protesters actually went on to purchase the smaller model they demanded shrugg

The hab battery on the series2 is fitted under the bed for easy access (understand the series1 needs the drivers seat to be removed to gain access) the bathroom is nicer and has a swing wall which you pull out and go behind it closing another side panel so it's as if you are in a proper shower cubicle, the other side of the swing wall has a permanent moulded wash basin (not fold up) and built in mirror fronted cabinet, you can of course also use the shower without pulling back the swing wall if you wish as I have done on a few occasions.

The difference between the 1&2 models is a matter of personal preference, some preferring the older model as some thought the later series2 was not as well built, but this is mostly based on series1 owners opinions as a review in MMM posted elsewhere on the forum indicates which could suggest these owners who took part in the review as the editor suggested were simply biased to their own models.

I cant vouch for the beds in the ES version as we have the low profile (our preference) reduced wind buffeting and road noise while traveling as well as a more streamlined look which suited us better than the additional storage offered by the ES overcab luton... we tend to use our beds as singles as the dog likes to sleep in the middle and we can get up during the night to use the loo without disturbing each other too much.. MrsCC keeps hinting about pulling the beds together and having it as a double.. cant think why twiddle_thumbs Ours is the 2.2 ltr turbo diesel which is pretty lively and a pleasure to drive on good roads, potholes and badly maintained roads can be felt though as the ride is firm but I still prefer this over a softer ride which wallows on every roundabout or sharp bend, it's sure footed and reassuring to drive.

The Nuevo is probably Auto-Sleepers most popular model in both series1 and series2, the latest series3 for me is very disappointing and hasn't got the chunky styling of the series2, they also have lost the wet locker as the skirts have gone to make it look more streamlined, so if we were to update in the future we would most probably go for a Devon or Stanton which retains the same coachbuilt body and style as our current Nuevo.

If I can help with anything else let me know up!

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chase Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:26 pm

Hi CC,
At this point in time we are not writing any thing off.
What is the date of the change from series 1 to 2 ?
As we have not drove a large van the classic has some appeal but not sure how much a inch or two makes will have to ask the wife twiddle_thumbs
We plan to use it over in France Germany etc in places like the Alps so again a smaller sized van would help plus as I have said my drive is only about 6 meters long.
Will try and visit the Western Show at Malvern, I think its only in a few weeks time but would like to get a van soon as we would like to go back over on to the continent in late August so time runs out so fast.

John
The Chase
The Chase

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuevo II EK Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:28 pm

I have my 2010 Nuevo II EK on the market as we fancy a Broadway with the end washroom the ad is in the motorhome for sale section at bottom of the forums page .
Nuevo II EK
Nuevo II EK

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo II EK Now Sold

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chase Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:41 pm

Nuevo II EK,
Sorry a bit out of our price range.
John
The Chase
The Chase

Male

Back to top Go down

Looking for advice on Autosleeper Nuevo  Empty Re-Looking for advice on Autosleeper Nuevo

Post by burlingtonboaby Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:12 am

Hi good morning John, (the Chase)
Check out your P.M, private message and you will find I have sent you a wee bit of personnel advice on my Nuevo es,(yesterday) Just to add to it, you can change the seating confiquration from a 4 seater with seat belts, to a two seater, with 2 long bench seats.
This model comes with 2 smaller tables which you can locate into anyone of the 4 slots in the floor,2 in the middle and 1 either side, we like to have one side made up into a single bed, the other side made into a single seat, one of the smaller tables is then set up for meals in between the swivel front passenger seat and the single rear seat
This leaves the middle clear for moving up and down the van. I sleep in the overhead cab area ,so my bedding stays were it is and the second lot of bedding is added on top during the day, (tidy of course) then close the curtains across the luton area.
As mentioned in my p.m, road test the van, check everything and don't forget some vans are prone to a clutch judder while reversing.
Boaby

Last edited by burlingtonboaby on Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Looking for advice on Autosleeper Nuevo  Empty Neuvo ES

Post by murph Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:02 am

Hi John,
It looks like you have had as much advice as we (the forum members) can give you, as I said the wash room on the series 2 is much superior but otherwise you pays your money and you takes your choice, the change over was either 2006 or 2007.
I am sending you a PM. To access itclick on you have 1 new message at the top of the page.

Brian2
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Looking for advice on Autosleeper Nuevo  Empty PM's not in new message box.

Post by The Chase Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:08 pm

Brian & Boaby ,
Did not get the PM's you both sent me.The forum rules tell me I cannot send a outside link like my email sorry

Regards
John
The Chase
The Chase

Male

Back to top Go down

Looking for advice on Autosleeper Nuevo  Empty Re-Nuevo ES

Post by burlingtonboaby Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:56 pm

Hi John
Received your P.M and have replied, with more info.
Boaby wave
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Looking for advice on Autosleeper Nuevo  Empty Series 1 or 2?

Post by happyhelen Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:14 pm

The changeover was 2007. We have an 07 Series 1 and I think it was one of the last of this series. We probably didnt do as much homework and resaerch as we should have and didnt find out about the differences until after - but we are happy with our purchase.

We have limited drive space - store it elsewhere but want it on the drive to load up and unpack and overnights sometimes - so length is important and I am going to drive this too (not just my husband ) so again size is imp. I have driven it in this country and is fine - hope to share the driving in France and Germany next month too (was never confident to drive our older campervan). As we upgraded from an old camper with no toliet or shower the space in it is great. Some say the shower in series 2 is better but ours is fine for washing, shower etc.

We are happy with our series 1. It is the 2 litre and again compared to an old campervan it seems to go up the hills no probs.

Hope that helps not hinders!

Happy Helen
happyhelen
happyhelen

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chase Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:23 pm

happyhelen wrote:The changeover was 2007. We have an 07 Series 1 and I think it was one of the last of this series. We probably didnt do as much homework and resaerch as we should have and didnt find out about the differences until after - but we are happy with our purchase.

We have limited drive space - store it elsewhere but want it on the drive to load up and unpack and overnights sometimes - so length is important and I am going to drive this too (not just my husband ) so again size is imp. I have driven it in this country and is fine - hope to share the driving in France and Germany next month too (was never confident to drive our older campervan). As we upgraded from an old camper with no toliet or shower the space in it is great. Some say the shower in series 2 is better but ours is fine for washing, shower etc.

We are happy with our series 1. It is the 2 litre and again compared to an old campervan it seems to go up the hills no probs.

Hope that helps not hinders!

Happy Helen

Thanks Helen and yes it helps, my wife will drive one when we find one that is and she thinks that a smaller van like the Nuevo would be better for her to have a go at driving,she did drive our VW camper a old type 2 with no problems and in fact like using it more than a car as you do get a better view of the road. Glad that the 2lt has the power to get up hills with no probs.We also have a short drive so any van must be no larger than 6 meters.

Regards
John
The Chase
The Chase

Male

Back to top Go down