The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo window leak - request for advice

4 posters

Go down

Nuevo window leak - request for advice Empty Nuevo window leak - request for advice

Post by Mountaineye Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:12 pm

I have a Nuevo 2006 bought in May with a 12 month dealer s/h warranty. Both side has windows were leaking and after some hesitation, the dealer agreed to remove and refit under warranty. I understood from the dealer that this was very unusual and they would prefer never to remove such a window unless absolutely necessary. As a stop gap and to get me off on holiday, they silicone sealed round the windows. This has completely cured the leaks. I wonder whether those with much more experience than I would recommend? Should I pursue the removal and refit risking that it may make things worse or would you stay with the silicone and simply resealable as that deteriorates? My warranty runs out in May next year and of course I''d hate to end up having to remove windows once out of warranty? Best advice?
Mountaineye
Mountaineye

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Nuevo window leak - request for advice Empty Re: Nuevo window leak - request for advice

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:34 pm

I had a similar problem, used silicone, and it lasted a couple of years. When at AS service centre I asked them to reseal. They actually removed the window and resealed it, they preferred to do this to make sure it does not happen again
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Nuevo window leak - request for advice Empty Re: Nuevo window leak - request for advice

Post by peugeotboxer Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:44 pm

I took the whole frame out and sealed with CT1.
There are others who have used the mastik tape as fitted by AS.

Personally I prefer my way.

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Mountaineye Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:15 pm

Thanks for the super fast replies, much appreciated.
Mountaineye
Mountaineye

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:02 pm

I think a lot depends on the year.

We had a leak in our 2007 Nuevo (I think it was 2007 - the ancient memory also leaks!! snigger ) and Mark at A/S Service Centre was very reluctant to remove the window as he said it was sealed in with Sikaflex, and would be very difficult to remove without any damage.

I got our mobile service engineer to seal along the top and sides with his patent jollop, which may well have been Sikaflex or similar, and had no further trouble up to when we sold it two years later. Or was it three? shrugg hugegrins

I would suggest asking Mark's advice before getting out the big hammer and bolster chisel.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:53 pm

When I bought my van the dealer replaced the two side windows with complete new ones, they were leaking and also had cracks where the hinges were, due to previous owner not closing them correctly, I refused to buy it as it was, so they fitted   two new windows and all the others were resealed with new seals from AS . under warranty.

If possible I would want a proper job done, then you know it would be  leak proof and you shouldn`t have problems in the future, as you still have warranty on it, why not go for it. ?

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Mountaineye Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:09 am

Thank you for the further replies, much appreciated.
Mountaineye
Mountaineye

Male

Back to top Go down