The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo Bed Advice

5 posters

Go down

Nuevo Bed Advice Empty Nuevo Bed Advice

Post by CC Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:15 am

Any feedback from Nuevo owners here regarding the bed in the nuevo's would be appreciated, is it possible to use the two bench seats as single beds rather than join them to make up a double?

We looked at a few Nuevo's at the Malvern show, as well as a couple of Nuevo II's at West Country Motorhomes but without taking the liberty of sprawling all over the benches they didn't look long enough length ways to lie on, am I right in presuming the drivers and passenger seat can be swiveled around to extend the length maybe? neither of us are tall so don't need them to be that long in fairness.

Still really like the idea of the pullman dinette in the Inca and was hoping to see one at the Malvern show, Lowdhams had one that was going to be on their stand but they sold it the afternoon before the show so we never got to view it so_sad but MrsCC was pleasantly surprised with the bright and spacious feel the Nuevo offers inside despite it's not so big appearance outside, have to say I really liked the later model Nuevo II and think it's a really cracking MH

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Bed Advice Empty Nuevo beds

Post by mikedepledge Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:14 pm

You are quite right, the front seats revolve to make two single beds and this leaves the central isle clear.
To me this is much simpler than setting up the double bed and and gains extra floor space.
mikedepledge
mikedepledge

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Bed Advice Empty Re: Nuevo Bed Advice

Post by CC Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:40 pm

Thanks Mike, am I correct in thinking you use the front seats as the foot end of the beds?
Agree about leaving the central isle clear, especially as we travel with our dog which limits free space considerably.

Male

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Bed Advice Empty neuvo bed advice

Post by mikedepledge Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:00 pm

Yes the front seats form the foot end of the bed, we find them very convenient to set up and adequately comfortable.
mikedepledge
mikedepledge

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:16 am

Hi
We recently have had to do this in our van, due to health reasons, I am 6 foot 4 inches tall and more stones than i care to count, but the singles seem to work o.k, the join where the seats meet the bed, I find a little uncomfortable, even though we use cusions to try to level it up a bit.
we put the backrests in the cab, do you leave yours in place?

Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by mikedepledge Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:33 am

we leave the back rests in place but from what you say I think that my, and my wife's stature is a little that yours
mikedepledge
mikedepledge

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:49 pm

If the back rests are removed is there a gap? I seem to remember when we looked at a Sherbourne recently with the back rests unhooked there was a considerable gap at the back of the bench? Unless I was doing something wrong maybe? Guessing I would struggle to use them as beds with the back rest in place as I'm not the thinnest of people hugegrins
Really must try them out for size the next time we look at one and not be so bashful confused0

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by mikedepledge Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:38 pm

No - there is no gap when the back rest is removed and it makes the top two thirds of the bed 6 - 8 inches wider, obviously the bottom third which utilizes the cab seats remains the same width.
mikedepledge
mikedepledge

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:04 pm

Thanks for the info Mike that's reassuring to know smile!

Male

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Bed Advice Empty Murph

Post by murph Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:57 pm

We have a 2005 Lancashire the Marquis version of the Nuevo but we opted for the ES model which has a luton for extra storage and the sliding seats enable you to run a single seat half dinnette if you prefer ( we do) or 2 benches. Driven carefully I get over 30 MPG in spite of the extra wind drag from the luton.
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:22 pm

murph wrote:We have a 2005 Lancashire the Marquis version of the Nuevo but we opted for the ES model which has a luton for extra storage and the sliding seats enable you to run a single seat half dinnette if you prefer ( we do) or 2 benches. Driven carefully I get over 30 MPG in spite of the extra wind drag from the luton.

All the Nuevo's we have looked at have had the two bench seats, would be interested to see this half dinette layout that you refer to... 30+ MPG is pretty good and not much less than the Trident we currently own. How do you find the 2.2-litre Hdi is it OK on hills? (meaning does it run out of horses?)

Male

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Bed Advice Empty Neuvo ES seating

Post by murph Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:52 am

when enquiring ask for the ES (extra seat) version these are less common. this is the one with the Luton and sliding benches which form either a rear seat on each side or a bench, we use it usually with 1 slide forward to form the bench, and the other in the rearward position to form a seat. 2 small single leg tables are provided and these can be fitted in any 1 of 4 different positions which provides great versitality. Have a look at Autosleepers website this may give you some help.
murph
murph

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rmmalyon Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:28 pm

we have recently bought a Nuevo ES and are very pleased with it, but one of the retaining bolts for the bed base is broken so the slider support is not as secure as it should be on that side. Does anyone know where we could get a replacement?
We may also need a replacement door for the undersink bathroom cupboard , due to me being a bit heavy handed! Autosleeper says these are no longer made- does anyone know of any other place we could try?
rmmalyon
rmmalyon

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Bed Advice Empty nuevo bed advice

Post by murph Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:19 pm

Not sure which bolt you are refering to but if as I suspect, it is the sliding bolt to lock the cross member in place, if so these are available from many good ironmongers though they may not be the spring loaded type as fitted byAS. Just remember to fold it in when sliding the front piece back to make a seat or you will break it again.
murph
murph

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rmmalyon Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:03 pm

murph wrote: Not sure which bolt you are refering to but if as I suspect, it is the sliding bolt to lock the cross member in place, if so these are available from many good ironmongers though they may not be the spring loaded type as fitted byAS. Just remember to fold it in when sliding the front piece back to make a seat or you will break it again.

Thanks- we tried lots of ironmongers without success but got one from Autosleepers and were v pleased with the prompt response and delivery from their parts people. Have successfully fitted it, and so now hoping for a less wobbly bed base in future! Have
also sorted out our bathroom cupboard door with the aid of some supaglue and bandage patching! Fingers crossed it will hold, as these doors are apparently no longer available.
rmmalyon
rmmalyon

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down