The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sargent Tracker

+2
glyne lock
breakaleg
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sargent Tracker Empty Sargent Tracker

Post by breakaleg Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:21 pm

I am hoping to collect my new Nuevo in April (well you never know)

I was thinking about the tracker as I may need to use it for the insurance companies to insure me.

Can you tell me how it is operated, I think that I read somewhere that you need to send a text before you drive off, (would this have to include a code or just a blank text?

Also, if you just wanted to go into the van for a while, do you need to send a text then or only if you drive away.

I fill the water everytime we leave a site, would I have to text after stopping for water or is there some kind of time limit.

Sorry if these questions seem a little basic but never used a tracker before and possibly won't should the insurance not require it.
Many thanks
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Sargent Tracker Empty Re: Sargent Tracker

Post by glyne lock Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:34 pm

Pete
its not a sargent tracker
you will need to see what tracker is fitted because they have changed over the years as to what has been fitted
myself mine is a trackstar as fitted to lots of cars from new
if you can say what tracker is fitted in the new van people can then give you more help
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Auto-Sleeper : kemerton xl
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:38 pm

Hi Glyne lock.
Thank you for that, I have no idea as to what's fitted, you can't really contact them at the moment and I hazard a guess that they probably don't know themselves.lol
Do all trackers work differently then?
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:41 pm

According  to AS online brochures  it is a Sargent.

GPS Sargent CAT6 Tracker Pre-Installed (£95 Annual Subscription applicable)
Auto-Sleeper motorhomes are protected 24/7 with the Sargent CAT 6 Tracker. Annual subscription fee of £95 is applicable.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:44 pm

Thanks Paul,
Do you know how they operate?
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:54 pm

Hi Pete
the first year was free for myself then I paid for a fixed amount of years.
you can put the app on your phone and shows each time you van is started and if moved you can track where it has been driven what time .
for the insurance you need the information as to what tracker it is to get the discount  as some make are not up to what the insurance req so you well req this information before you try to insure the vehicle

if you go to trackstar web site it well explain it all

the older ones did work different as to mine from what others have said on the forum as I don't have to send any tex etc when I start up

Last edited by glyne lock on Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:07 pm

Thanks, I have had a look but still can't see how to set it or if I could enter the van without having to turn it off first.
Must be me. lol
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:14 pm

you just get in the van and drive .you don't need to do anything .when you get the vehicle you log in to set up you home address etc they give you a code to set up the app if you want to . but after that nothing else req to do it then tracks all the vehicle movements

when you get in the van its not an alarm .it  tracks the movements
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:21 pm

Ahh,
So, it dosen't trigger an alert unless you start it without the key or you just have to report it missing whichever way it is taken.
From what you have said, it sounds more attractive
Many thanks
Pete.
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:42 pm

trackstar is used in most of the top makes of cars and if you go to the web site it well show you how you log in and set up the app on your phone. I am sure others with new campers have said on this forum its still a trackstar .I don't want to say that's what your new camper has only a phone call to the sales man that sold it should be able to say what make it is
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:46 pm

Thanks 
Glyne lock.
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:49 pm

breakaleg wrote:Thanks Paul,
Do you know how they operate?
Pete
No idea, I just looked up the spec to see if it was a Sargent.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:59 pm

There is a post tracker system 2018 Warwick xl that looks like they started using the teletracnavman  Trackstar in 2018
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:16 am

Unless it has changed from the 2019 model then its Sargent. I think there is a link on Sargents' site it will give you an idea as to operation if not
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As Glyne says there is no need to have any dialogue with it at all, you dont have to report your toilet breaks. smile!
marconi
marconi

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:31 am

Thanks Marconi,
I was concerned because I had read a while ago that you had to send a text before you could drive away but it looks like this is no longer the case, I really didn't fancy having to do that before turning the key. lol heaven knows, I forget enough already. lol
Thanks everyone.
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:17 am

breakaleg wrote:I am hoping to collect my new Nuevo in April (well you never know)
Do you mean new as in a 2020/1 Nuevo, or, a new to you Nuevo that is older than 2020/1 if so what year is it.  This should help narrow down what make of tracker we are talking about because they are different.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:19 am

New as in New
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:57 am

Then it is almost certainly the Sergent tracker which Paul Mould has highlighted and marconi has sent you the link for.  You may find the link below helpful which gives a layman's description of the Sergent tracker that is integrated with Swift's Command Tracker system.  It is almost certainly the same tracker that we have integrated with AS Monitor which is also called Auto-Sleepers LOCATE.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

When reading about AS Monitor it is helpful to understand that there is a single tracker with a SIM that is paid for for 3 years.  This is deliberate so that Sergent and service engineers can access maintenance data on the motorhome throughout its 3 year warranty period.  Some of this data is not accessible to the owner.  The data that is accessible to the owner is that that can be seen for free by logging in to AS Monitor.  If you want to extend this service beyond 3 years, the SIM has to be extended through Sergent for £25 per year.  The paid tracker service piggy backs on this and is an additional £95 per year.  For this a manned tracking centre in Bedford will ring you if the armed tracker is moved.  The tracker is automatically armed when the ignition is turned off with the key and automatically disarmed when it is turned back on with the key.  The manned tracking centre will also ring if the external power supply to the tracker drops or if the armed vehicle alarm has triggered but this will only happen if a vehicle alarm has been fitted and integrated with the tracker.  If the phone calls reveal that the motorhome is being broken into or has been stolen the manned tracking centre who can see where the motorhome is will liaise with the police.

Last edited by Caraman on Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:59 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:02 am

Hi Caraman,
Thank you I have taken a look, I am hoping I don't need it but at least I now know how it works. lol

I read somewhere that you had to text every time you moved the van at least that has changed .
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Plymouthwelshboy Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:16 am

This Auto-LOCATE tracker app/system has been a pain for me but I misunderstood how it worked from the start.  
The handbook tells you to switch off the EC700 unit when going into long term storage. 
However, if you want to keep the auto-locate app running - you have to leave it on. 
In leaving it on, during winter, an 80w solar panel cannot sufficiently replace the tracker/alarm power demand over a 24 hr period and so the battery (ies) gradually flatten(s) until you get an alert to your phone telling you this by which time the battery has flattened below 50%. Go on, ask me how I know this!! scratch head

I get easily confused by the smart charging on the EC700 unit as well and a quick search on this forum will tell you everything you need to know about how people feel about that unit/system. 
Basically, for long term storage, if I have no understood everyone who have been really helpful with advice - is to  isolate your vehicle battery and then switch off the EC700 unit and then charge up your MOHO on an EHU at least once a week for a few hours. 
We couldn't get access to an EHU during this last lockdown and the leisure battery flattened! Everyone recommends doing a modification and bypassing the EC700 unit so that the solar panels are effectively more efficient at sending the charge to the two batteries to keep them topped up (that is a gross simplification of the explanation by the way but the only one my little brain can cope with) - lots of people have done the mod and there is huge support and knowledge amongst forum members. 
As a newbie my great concern is about invalidating the warranties on the Moho and my sheer incapabilities with electronic stuff - I can build wooden boats - but electronics - ugh!   smile!
I now just assume that the tracker and alarm are working. when I take out the leisure battery to charge it up - I use the app to inform the tracking centre that the moho is in service mode. I managed to work out that the app will work and show the location and basic leisure battery voltage level but you dont get the daily monitoring of both batteries etc when the EC700 is switched off. At least I think that is what is now happening - I am soooo confused........  scratch head up!
Anyway, off to work out what kind of new leisure battery I now need to buy! 
steve
Plymouthwelshboy
Plymouthwelshboy

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:30 am

Hi Steve,
That's my problem, I have asked my dealer about doing the modification but still waiting to hear from them.
My problem is, I can't use a hook up throughout the winter months as we live in a terrace house and as I walk using two walking sticks taking the battery out for charging is a non starter (pun intended)
I was hoping that investing in this van all would be sorted, I have taken my current van out every week since lockdown but it is someting I would prefer not to do.

once I have the van I may get it booked in to be done and add another solar panel while I am at it.
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Plymouthwelshboy Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:33 am

pete if you find out whether your dealer can do it - will you let me know mate?
Plymouthwelshboy
Plymouthwelshboy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:42 am

Yes Of course I will, it's difficult getting in touch at the moment and frustrating as there are a lot of questions that I would like to ask, trying times and I am sure my problems are only tiny compared to a lot of folk.
I asked a question the other day and it took a couple of days for them to answer.
We stopped a few days on the Plymouth sound sire last year, really nice up there but the road terrified me. lol
Breakfast at morrisons was one of the better breakfasts that I have had from that supermarket chain.
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:46 am

Plymouthwelshboy wrote:This Auto-LOCATE tracker app/system has been a pain for me but I misunderstood how it worked from the start.  
The handbook tells you to switch off the EC700 unit when going into long term storage. 
However, if you want to keep the auto-locate app running - you have to leave it on. 
In leaving it on, during winter, an 80w solar panel cannot sufficiently replace the tracker/alarm power demand over a 24 hr period and so the battery (ies) gradually flatten(s) until you get an alert to your phone telling you this by which time the battery has flattened below 50%. Go on, ask me how I know this!! scratch head

I think we have got to be careful here, with the EC700 I thought you would have the same Tracker as me, however I don't have an Auto-LOCATE tracker App, I know you have mentioned that before and I was confused.
I only have the AS Monitor system on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] using this I can locate my van whist the EC700 is Off. What you don't get is the Vehicle Battery Voltage readings.

I get easily confused by the smart charging on the EC700 unit as well and a quick search on this forum will tell you everything you need to know about how people feel about that unit/system. 
Basically, for long term storage, if I have no understood everyone who have been really helpful with advice - is to  isolate your vehicle battery and then switch off the EC700 unit and then charge up your MOHO on an EHU at least once a week for a few hours.

If you do get an MPPT Dual Solar Controller fitted there will be no need to disconnect the Vehicle Battery for storage. This winter has been my first since the modification, it has proved to keep both batteries charged with the 80W Solar Panel. EC700 Off is essential though.

We couldn't get access to an EHU during this last lockdown and the leisure battery flattened! Everyone recommends doing a modification and bypassing the EC700 unit so that the solar panels are effectively more efficient at sending the charge to the two batteries to keep them topped up (that is a gross simplification of the explanation by the way but the only one my little brain can cope with) - lots of people have done the mod and there is huge support and knowledge amongst forum members. 
As a newbie my great concern is about invalidating the warranties on the Moho and my sheer incapabilities with electronic stuff - I can build wooden boats - but electronics - ugh!   smile!
I now just assume that the tracker and alarm are working. when I take out the leisure battery to charge it up - I use the app to inform the tracking centre that the moho is in service mode. I managed to work out that the app will work and show the location and basic leisure battery voltage level but you dont get the daily monitoring of both batteries etc when the EC700 is switched off. At least I think that is what is now happening - I am soooo confused........  scratch head up!
Anyway, off to work out what kind of new leisure battery I now need to buy! 
steve
marconi
marconi

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK

Back to top Go down

Post by Plymouthwelshboy Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:24 am

Marconi - will doing the mod invalidate any warranties do you know?  
with regard to the app thing - fair point - I have something on my phone which links to the same website and that is when I can see  the location bit;  clicking on the van icon gives me location and leisure battery voltage and as you say with EC700 off I cant get voltage levels of both batteries. However, in the harmony handbook it does state to get the voltages of both batteries leave the EC700 unit switched on - and that is what confuses lots of newbies I think because immediately above that line is the passage about switching the EC700 unit off during long term storage. It isn't clear or simple; and I am still confused as to whether the alarm and tracker are on the same battery and how all that works. All I know is that to have to do a mod to overcome issues with a unit and the way it manages the batteries and solar power system, seems to me, as a newbie to motorhomes - ridiculous! if you know its an issue as the manufacturer and dealer - then correct it or come clean with prospective buyers that it is a limitation and the way to get over it is....... - but then i am very, very naive on such matters!  hugegrins
Plymouthwelshboy
Plymouthwelshboy

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next