The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tracker

+2
Dbvwt
PJN
6 posters

Go down

Tracker  Empty Tracker

Post by PJN Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:20 pm

My 2 year old Broadway tracker sub is due. Told by Hal Locate that 1000 is not being renewed. They generously offered me the 3000 at £299. Not pleased particularly as previous experience with the system was not brilliant as they seemed to struggle with disarming after I had sent multiple texts.

Last edited by PJN on Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
PJN
PJN

Male

Auto-Sleeper : BroadwayFB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Tracker  Empty Re: Tracker

Post by Dbvwt Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:18 pm

That is disappointing news, did they give any reasons why the 1000 can’t be renewed after you have only had it for 2 years? Was this an aftermarket fit as your profile states a 2017 van. 

Either way, I would still be asking questions why a 2 year old system is now out of date.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by PJN Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:37 pm

Hi they tell me it has been replaced by the 3000 and they no longer support it. The van is a 2017 bought in 2018 with tracker activated in December 2018 when I could have bought 5 years but only took 2 years. I have pushed to continue but they have declined.
Insurers are not making it a condition so I will save my money and put it toward a monster trip to France next year
PJN
PJN

Male

Auto-Sleeper : BroadwayFB

RML likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:45 pm

Here’s hoping we can all get away next year and you can enjoy your trip.

Interesting what their response would be if you had taken out the 5 year plan?
I’m sure there are some that have done that in recent years.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:20 pm

PJN, I hope you are right about the monster trip to France next year, we are also hoping along those lines. First time we missed such trips to France since 1980.

Just hoping the Gov sort out the pet passport scheme:walkies:
---------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie D Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:58 pm

PJN wrote:My 2 year old Broadway tracker sub is due. Told by Hal Locate that 1000 is not being renewed. They generously offered me the 3000 at £299. Not pleased particularly as previous experience with the system was not brilliant as they seemed to struggle with disarming after I had sent multiple texts.
Well, I’m glad I read this post as I also have the 1000 system but on a 5 year plan, starting 2017. I did a LOCATE earlier this evening and, surprisingly, nothing came back. I have since phoned the monitoring centre and was told that I need to contact the customer service team as there is a problem. Will report back how I get on with HAL Locate.
Jamie D
Jamie D

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo LT

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:39 pm

I have a tk star tracker  not ins approved but works well about £40  , no fees  just a few Bob on giffgaff  payg ,simm , alerts  to mobile phone . A friend had his van stollen ,he  recoverd it him self with police assistance  ,
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Greyhound Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:08 pm

Interesting to read this.

I also have this tracker but renewed in 2019 for 3 years so guess I must have caught it in time - just checked and all working fine.

Bit of a pain to know after next year it'll be useless though. Don't think I'd be giving any more money to them if they work on making models obsolete to force new purchases.
Greyhound
Greyhound

Male

Member Age : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie D Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:05 am

Like Greyhound my tracker is now working fine and my contract expires Sept 2022. 
I like the text system used on the 1000 series but changing/upgrading to 3000 series as I understand is based on an application (app) and not the simple text message.
Plenty of time (and, hopefully, lots of trips) to decide which way to jump.
Jamie D
Jamie D

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo LT

Back to top Go down