The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Merc van conversion at NEC

+11
Eltel
Peter Brown
groundhog
Kdc
Epicurus
v8oholic
Dave 418
Bilbobaggins
FreelanderUK
frederic
Paulmold
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

New Merc van conversion at NEC - Page 3 Empty Re: New Merc van conversion at NEC

Post by Dave 418 Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:25 pm

It frightens me to think of the price of new van conversions. Our Duetto cost us £11,000. Five years later our Rienza cost us £22000 . Yes they were older vehicles but it was all we could justify paying for a leisure vehicle that wouldn’t be used full time. 
The occasional minor scuffs from the likes of hedges and bad parking are acceptable at our prices but I would be scarred of scratching anything at the current prices.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

IanH likes this post

Back to top Go down

New Merc van conversion at NEC - Page 3 Empty Re: New Merc van conversion at NEC

Post by Bilbobaggins Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:05 am

Couple of thoughts

If AS claim Mstar  is same layout as WXL then price differential would be about same as that between Merc and Seville coachbuilts, probably using fiat auto as comparator, even allowing for extra couple of feet in length they seem to have geared pricing way beyond this

Marketing ploy...introduce a 115K plus top of the range which then makes wxl and other Seville pvcs a 'bargain' at only 80k

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:44 pm

Paulmold wrote:
Angleseygirl wrote:Definitely not for us, even at half the price - don’t like the layout at all
The layout is Warwick XL with a few added bits and pieces. The extra length gives the full height wardrobe and tall fridge/freezer and not much more. It's the narrowness of the Sprinter that spoils it for me, not that I'm even considering changing, what we have will be our last.
Agree with you, at 75-76 this will last us out, we hope.

Then Gites or Hotels. smile!

Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3