The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2011 Nuevo Waterpump not working - any ideas?

3 posters

Go down

2011 Nuevo Waterpump not working - any ideas? Empty 2011 Nuevo Waterpump not working - any ideas?

Post by melcragg Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:12 pm

My waterpump stopped working moments after showering. The pump sounded fine - no hint of failure. I thought it could be the Whale pressure switch but I wired across the connectors and still no sign of life. There is definately 12v as I wired a bulb to the connections. Is it likely the submersible pump? I don't fancy the job to replace that. Any suggestions folks? Thanks.
melcragg

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

2011 Nuevo Waterpump not working - any ideas? Empty Re: 2011 Nuevo Waterpump not working - any ideas?

Post by Paulmold Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:16 pm

If it is the pump, just wouldn't bother replacing it, fit a Shurflo instead, details in the Factsheets section.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

2011 Nuevo Waterpump not working - any ideas? Empty Re: 2011 Nuevo Waterpump not working - any ideas?

Post by Caraman Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:20 pm

If its the submersible Whale pump, which it probably is, the fresh water tank has to be dropped to change it.  This is reason enough to do what Paul suggests.  Diaphragm pumps that sit outside the tank can go u/s as well but at least they are easier to replace.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by melcragg Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:04 am

Thanks very much for your help. I have fitted a Shurflo pump with filter etc. It is working but spluttering an awful lot. I have let the taps run for ages. It seems like air is getting in. The fresh water tank is half full, so the old submersible must be completely submerged. Any suggestions? Thanks again!
melcragg

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:10 am

melcragg wrote:Thanks very much for your help. I have fitted a Shurflo pump with filter etc. It is working but spluttering an awful lot. I have let the taps run for ages. It seems like air is getting in. The fresh water tank is half full, so the old submersible must be completely submerged. Any suggestions? Thanks again!
The Shurflo effectively sucks water out of the fresh water tank so if there is any leak between the pump and the tank it will suck in air and cause sputtering.  I experienced this when the black rubber ring inside the filter bowl wasn't seated properly but any poor pipe connection could cause it.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by melcragg Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:53 am

Fixed! As you said - air was being sucked in. The culprit was the in-line filter. The clear plastic cap needed tightening up. Thanks Caraman
melcragg

Male

Caraman likes this post

Back to top Go down