The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo 2011 wallpaper peeling

3 posters

Go down

Nuevo 2011 wallpaper peeling Empty Nuevo 2011 wallpaper peeling

Post by chromachris Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:33 am

Morning all. We have recently acquired a 2011 Nuevo II ES and have noticed the interior wallpaper is peeling at various places. It seems to be vinyl based and am wondering if anyone has had the same issue and successfully stuck it back on, and if so what adhesive did you use? Many thanks as always.
chromachris
chromachris

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES II
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Nuevo 2011 wallpaper peeling Empty Re: Nuevo 2011 wallpaper peeling

Post by Slow-Lane Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:08 am

I'm not familiar with the Nuevo, when you say wallpaper do you mean the wood-effect viny (known as 'sticky-back plastic' in our house, as we're old enough to remember Val Singleton on Blue Peter).
We've had loads of trouble with the self-adhesive vinyl in our Pollensa - the glue dries out and the sheet starts lifting away from the base surface. We've tried various glues - UHU melted the plastic, Copydex was a swine to apply and tended to be lumpy. 

We now have a large sheet of very thin plastic that is coated with adhesive on both sides. Cut a bit out to fit the problem area, pull back the vinyl, stick the double-sided sheet to the wall, peel off the backing paper from its outward facing side and stick the vinyl down. So far it's worked well, but is rather fiddly. Let me know if you want details of the product we use.

Someone suggested using diluted PVA glue, but we haven't tried it. 

If anyone knows a better way to reattach the wood-effect vinyl please let me know!

PS - Originally we thought it was lifting because it was damp; we now realise it's the opposite - it's heat that dries the glue out. Ours became a problem after a very hot holiday in France, when the vinyl at head height began to lift.
Slow-Lane
Slow-Lane
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Nuevo 2011 wallpaper peeling Empty Re: Nuevo 2011 wallpaper peeling

Post by Flash61 Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:27 pm

I have had that with the Burford if you heat the covering with a air dryer and have a credit card to flatten it out again that works well as it makes the glue soft
Flash61
Flash61

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Burford
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down