The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bike Rack modified to carry electric scooter

Go down

Bike Rack modified to carry electric scooter Empty Bike Rack modified to carry electric scooter

Post by wilksy Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:09 am

So a month or so ago I asked what type of bike rack do I need for my Corinium Duo, the answer turned out to be a Fiamma Carry Pro which I subsequently bought, the upgraded one to carry 2 electric bikes.

It was always my intention to modify it to fit the Coopop Rugged electric scooter I have which weighs 45KG with battery and 35KG without, I wanted to make sure it was securely fitted to the rack so set about making the parts that I needed.

I removed the 2 supplied bike rails and fitted a cut down motorcycle loading section, to which I added 4 nylon guide rails for the tyres to fit in along with modifying the bike attachment holders, although I only needed to remake one.

Pictures tell a thousand words so below is the end result, which cost £340 for the bike rack, £95 for the trailer ramp and £74 for the nylon, everything else I already had plus the machining time was mine as I have a lathe and milling machine in my workshop.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
wilksy
wilksy

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Corinium Duo
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down