The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CV Vaccine

+25
burlingtonboaby
harrysp
Delboy
Sparks
Beetee
Askit
Slaphead
Heanorboy
groundhog
bikeralw
brodco
macvanessa
rgermain
babian
merv
Dbvwt
Paulmold
breakaleg
mikethebike
roli
rogerblack
Gromit
Weegie
Mike187
Bobskate
29 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

CV Vaccine - Page 5 Empty Re: CV Vaccine

Post by Bilbobaggins Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:58 am

As mentioned I never understood why colleagues wouldn't get vaccinated, for several years I lead the staff flu vaccination process for our local health system and we managed to improve uptake from low 30s to just over 50%, through combination of information, introducing peer vaccinators on wards, using community pharmacies and using teams of roving vaccinators. By that measure then 80% for Covid is a huge step forward.

One large American healthcare provider did have a policy that if staff didn't take flu vaccine they had to wear surgical mask for patient contact at all times, don't think that will make a difference.

Wish I new the answer.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by babian Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:05 am

Thank you for that inside information
babian
babian

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:38 am

Meant to say we also carried out several staff surveys seeking views of both those who had been vaccinated and those who hadn't to see what we could do to improve uptake. In general those who had been vaccinated thought we were doing a good job, those not vaccinated didn't reply so we never did find out what problem was

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:01 pm

bikeralw wrote:Well we finally gave up waiting to hear from our local GP services, so called them. After hanging on the phone for 40 minutes we were informed that our town is one where they've been told by central government to cease vaccinating 65-69 year olds in favour of the next group, 16+ with underlying problems. No one was going to inform us of this.
We've now booked at a vaccination centre, the nearest available is 25 miles away.
Al.
I seriously doubt they are telling you the truth.  I find it extremely hard to believe that the Government has contacted your area and told them to stop vaccinating one group before it’s complete and move onto the next group down.

I can’t think why your surgery would mislead you, but I strongly think they are!  Although to be fair I’m not sure of your area, so don’t know if this is an English, Scottish, Welsh or Irish misrepresentation.
Sally
Sally

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:18 pm

Our surgery posted on their FB page that all their 65 to 69 patients  had been contacted and were waiting for our health board to give them the go-ahead to contact the next group so it would appear that certainly  here in Wales surgeries cannot just go it alone.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:28 pm

Sally wrote:
bikeralw wrote:Well we finally gave up waiting to hear from our local GP services, so called them. After hanging on the phone for 40 minutes we were informed that our town is one where they've been told by central government to cease vaccinating 65-69 year olds in favour of the next group, 16+ with underlying problems. No one was going to inform us of this.
We've now booked at a vaccination centre, the nearest available is 25 miles away.
Al.
I seriously doubt they are telling you the truth.  I find it extremely hard to believe that the Government has contacted your area and told them to stop vaccinating one group before it’s complete and move onto the next group down.

I can’t think why your surgery would mislead you, but I strongly think they are!  Although to be fair I’m not sure of your area, so don’t know if this is an English, Scottish, Welsh or Irish misrepresentation.
I wish I'd recorded the conversation Sally, but I had them on speakerphone so my wife also heard what they had to say.
She's been down to the surgery today to take it up with them. They wouldn't come out and say who had given out this message, but said they would get in touch with us regarding the second vaccination.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:06 pm

bikeralw wrote:
Sally wrote:
Al.

I wish I'd recorded the conversation Sally, but I had them on speakerphone so my wife also heard what they had to say.
She's been down to the surgery today to take it up with them. They wouldn't come out and say who had given out this message, but said they would get in touch with us regarding the second vaccination.
Al.
Hi Al - just to be clear, I don’t doubt you were told that, or your report of the conversation. 

I just mean that in my opinion, they are telling you rubbish. I simply cannot believe that ‘central government’ has contacted your area and said stop vaccinating this vulnerable group and move on to the lower group.  Why your surgery would tell you that I’ve no idea, but it’s not true and certainly not the full story as they are telling it. 

However, that is just my opinion. X
Sally
Sally

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:34 pm

bikeralw wrote:
Sally wrote:
Al.

Al.
Just to be clear, are you talking about the first or the second dose of the vaccine?

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:02 pm

rogerblack wrote:
bikeralw wrote:
Sally wrote:

Al.
Just to be clear, are you talking about the first or the second dose of the vaccine?
I must admit, that does make a difference. I assumed, perhaps wrongly, that we were talking about the first vaccination.
Sally
Sally

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:42 pm

First vaccination. My wife visited the surgery in person this morning and was told the same thing face to face. We were also phoned this afternoon by someone more superior who repeated their position on not giving the vaccine to the 65-69 age group. They also said if we had objections we should email Matt Hancock...
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:15 pm

bikeralw wrote:First vaccination. My wife visited the surgery in person this morning and was told the same thing face to face. We were also phoned this afternoon by someone more superior who repeated their position on not giving the vaccine to the 65-69 age group. They also said if we had objections we should email Matt Hancock...
Al.
Frankly that’s disgraceful. Knowing some people in the medical profession, I know how they would react if they heard that. In fact, I know how they would react if they were told to do it. I’m surprised the local media haven’t picked up on it; they would definitely be interested. 

Shame on your surgery and I’m glad you both managed to get your vaccinations sorted allthumbz
Sally
Sally

Female

bikeralw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by harrysp Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:52 pm

It was reported in the papers when the NHS began the under 70s that doctors surgeries would concentrate on Cohort 6, and that the other groups in Cohort 7 and for now 5 would be vaccinated at the larger hubs. Now that may explain why the local surgery can’t help, but here in the Manchester area as far as I can make out most of our friends in their 60s are going to the local health centre, although some have been to the hubs. Maybe it’s different in different areas.

Harry
harrysp
harrysp
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Former Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2015

bikeralw and Sally like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Slow-Lane Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:29 pm

harrysp wrote:It was reported in the papers when the NHS began the under 70s that doctors surgeries would concentrate on Cohort 6, and that the other groups in Cohort 7 and for now 5 would be vaccinated at the larger hubs. Now that may explain why the local surgery can’t help, but here in the Manchester area as far as I can make out most of our friends in their 60s are going to the local health centre, although some have been to the hubs. Maybe it’s different in different areas.

Same in the Oxford area: we've both just had our jabs at the local health centre (5 mins walk away). Our GP's surgery contacted us by phone and made the appointment. We're both in the 60-65 age group. 
Weird that it seems to vary in different areas.
Slow-Lane
Slow-Lane
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:45 pm

Got vaccine (AZ) this morning at local surgery with no drama. SWMBO has just had appointment confirmed for tomorrow. Happy days

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by babian Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:49 am

I got my first vaccine shot last Wednesday at my local surgery. Well run small place and was pleased that I did not have to travel to a distant big hub to receive it. Boss happy also as it was after work.
No side effects at all not even a sore arm etc. 
Receiving the letter made me again feel old. ha ha.
If you had asked me 12 months ago what I thought about having it , I would have replied "Mmmmm not sure". 
Having tried to keep my self, my family and my work mates covid safe during that time ( like others ) it has at times not been easy. 
Keeping working and helping keep our small local company going through the last 12 months has also been challenging due to other "B" effects let alone having covid "knocking at our business door" a few times.
Having to abide with national lockdowns and tiers systems that has restrained all our freedoms for the last 12 months was not a good situation for anyone let alone the whole country. ( will we see an end to that lot? )
But if the vaccine shot in some way makes all that a lot easier to do, helps also our wider local community and the country, saves lives, saves the NHS, then all well and good.
Younger people have asked me how I felt after having the "jab" as they call it? 
I've said " no problem with it ". 
I do say though I have one small side effect,  
that is a slight feeling of being like a    "Guinea Pig".
They look a little puzzled after that reply.
If one (or two) "jabs" allows us all to see this thing through and (it's only my personal view) get a life back, then I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for that one.

PS, before someone asks, I'm thankful for all the hard work put into developing the "jab" and grateful to have it.
babian
babian

Male

BobK, Silver Tourist and Lancy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:16 am

Interesting post Babian. Some excellent points there.  up!

I'm a bit more sanguine than you, and I couldn't wait to get the jab. On the one hand it seems the obvious and only way to protect the NHS, save lives, and get us out of this terrifying restriction of our liberty . . . hopefully, if Boris sticks to his "cautious" plan! It will also help to protect others, as it will (at least partially) protect me from catching the virus and passing it on.

Also there comes a time when you have to trust the experts. We have the flu vaccine every year without a second thought, and thanks to other vaccines there's no longer any TB, measles, mumps or rubella etc., to worry about. Although this vaccine was developed at record speed, the reasons how and why have been clearly explained and are perfectly logical and reassuring.

However, I'm interested to notice that it hasn't improved your spelling!  Whistle1 shrugg

I am joking of course, but I bet you can't find the speling mitsake!!  snigger
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP

Back to top Go down

Post by babian Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:55 am

thanx Gromit. I blame the IPad.
Go on "were is it" ?
Thought sanguine wos a Spanish drink by the way.
babian
babian

Male

Silver Tourist likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:59 am

Where do you live?
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:06 am

Good news today. Talk of going to 1 million a day.

Must read my comments earlier this year.!

Maximising on getting everyone jabbed is a no brainer.

Micky
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by babian Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:06 am

never noticed that one. 
"is that it for the day Sir?", smile!
babian
babian

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:16 am

I must be blind then or my English is worse than I thought! hugegrins
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by babian Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:19 am

I think it was my profile location. never noticed it read Nothants.
this is like "where am I....?" photo puzzle
babian
babian

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:29 pm

babian wrote:
I do say though I have one small side effect,  
that is a slight feeling of being like a    "Guinea Pig".
They look a little puzzled after that reply.
If one (or two) "jabs" allows us all to see this thing through and (it's only my personal view) get a life back, then I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for that one.

PS, before someone asks, I'm thankful for all the hard work put into developing the "jab" and grateful to have it.
The medical regulators are quite adamant that the vaccines have gone through all the same checks that any other vaccine requires so you shouldn't feel too much like a Guinea Pig. Acceleration was mostly achieved by overlapping separate phases which would normally be done one after the other.

If there is something relatively new it is the action because these are mRNA technology but even then this is not the 1st use of this type of vaccine, previously all vaccines were inactivated live cells. The advantage is because the mRNA is constructed it is relatively easy to "tweak" the molecule to match variants.

In our own parlance like taking the same motorhome body and having different layouts to suite the market CV Vaccine - Page 5 1f609
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by babian Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:08 am

Just thought I would update members on my (our) vaccine jab and any initial  side effects etc
Just over three weeks after having  my 1st covid vaccine (AZ) 
No side effects at all (still grumpy tho) no sore arm even.
Seven of us at work have had 1st jab (AZ) over the last three weeks.
No reported side effects at all , apart from one who hates needles ( nearly fainted) said arm was sore for a few days.
Not scientific research but thought I would let the younger members here know our experience of the AZ jab.
PS. The good lady had hers just over two weeks ago (AZ) no side effects also.
babian
babian

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:21 am

Just had text invitation to book my second jab with GP centre, 9 weeks since first, wife too. The system seems to be working well.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next