The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REPLACEMENT REAR CAMERA FOR TWIN CAMERA

5 posters

Go down

REPLACEMENT REAR CAMERA FOR TWIN CAMERA  Empty REPLACEMENT REAR CAMERA FOR TWIN CAMERA

Post by road warrior Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:19 am

I have a Winchcombe and so my rear camera wiring appears somewhere in the bathroom. Any idea where ? And has anybody replaced it as the picture seems rubbish and I want be able to see behind me while driving. Where does the wiring go ?
road warrior
road warrior

Male

Auto-Sleeper : WINCHCOMBE
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

REPLACEMENT REAR CAMERA FOR TWIN CAMERA  Empty Re: REPLACEMENT REAR CAMERA FOR TWIN CAMERA

Post by The Bargee Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:48 am

My standard reverse only camera failed and I replaced the whole installation with a Revcam dual lens brake light kit. I didn’t remove the old camera or even attempt to trace the wiring since the wiring was probably inadequate for a twin lens unit and could have been faulty anyway.

In my PVC it was possible, indeed very easy, to run the new cable through the van interior at floor level on the offside.

The Revcam unit works extremely well and I only have a couple of niggles: I can’t seem to dim it at night and the AV/on/off selector touch buttons are not illuminated so you have to learn how to find them at night. But all in all very pleased and quite a simple job to do. I think I posted some more detail on this forum at the time, last Spring.
The Bargee
The Bargee

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2019

road warrior likes this post

Back to top Go down

REPLACEMENT REAR CAMERA FOR TWIN CAMERA  Empty Re: REPLACEMENT REAR CAMERA FOR TWIN CAMERA

Post by PLOUGHLIN Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:09 pm

road warrior wrote:I have a Winchcombe and so my rear camera wiring appears somewhere in the bathroom. Any idea where ? And has anybody replaced it as the picture seems rubbish and I want be able to see behind me while driving. Where does the wiring go ?

On my Gloucester (similar body to the Winchcombe) the camera feed runs down from the camera between the outside and internal panels then along under the van to the passenger side inner step under the plastic cover, then up the windscreen side moulding.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

road warrior likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Eltel Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:48 am

On my 2016 built Nuevo in which the internal mirror become the reversing screen when you select reverse gear

On mine I am able have the camera using the mirror all the time and can be used as internal mirror in forward and reverse.

You do have to turn it on every time the ignition is turned on

Hope that helps 

Terry
Eltel
Eltel
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by alanlakes Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:52 pm

I replaced my Broadway camera from this site [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]with the RVS12 model. (it comes with wiring diagram and handy tips) Twin Camera which you can wire into reversing light power so it automatically switches to reverse camara. I did not do that and manually select what camera I want as sometimes when you are reversing you want the "rear view mirror" view to check given situation.
Not too bad to fit in the Broadway  (not sure of your Wincombe layout).
Drilled with a hole saw a 4" hole in the back of kitchen cupboard opposite existing camera. (keep the bit that comes out to replug the hole - I stuck it on a 5" square of Flooring and pushed it back in. Do not put glue or sealer on the bung, you made need to remove in the future)
Dropped new cable down between internal wall a rear bodyshell and cable tied it along the bottom to front of van to gain access to the cab. I had already worked out how to get into required fusing and internal cable run - Do this before you make any decisions on buying and fitting i.e Is it Possible? Can I do it?

Took me about 5 hours.

Hope this helps
Alan
alanlakes
alanlakes
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down