The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo leak

3 posters

Go down

Nuevo leak Empty Nuevo leak

Post by daveparton Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:23 pm

Having owned my 2011 Nuevo from new I have encountered and dealt with many problems, including annual leaks on the Whale fresh water fittings to the shower and bathroom sink. I have at present a leak that shows itself around the offside rear wheel arch, and assume there are whale connections under the toilet /shower that are leaking. I am at a loss as how to gain access if they do exist, one thought was to remove the toilet and hopefully find access, but can anyone shed light how to do this. Many thanks in anticipation 😀
daveparton
daveparton

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Nuevo leak Empty Re: Nuevo leak

Post by Cymro Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:55 pm

I'm not familiar with the layout of the 2011 Nuevo. But I have a 2015 version. Does your model have a separate tank for the flush water or is it drawn from the main fish water tank?

If like mine there is a separate WC "cistern" tank, then is your water leak on the O/S sidewall, between the WC and the left wall of the bathroom (i.e. between WC and rear of wardrobe)? 

And if so does it extend up the sidewall by some 8" or so? 

If "Yes" to all of these questions, so, it might be water slopping out of the cistern tank. Mine did, because I always filled it before setting out on a journey. The factory advised me not to do that - there's no lid on that tank - but to travel with only one or two litres of water in it. That I now try to do.

Cymro (and by the way - Welcome to the Forum!)
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by daveparton Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:53 pm

Hi, thanks for that, one to bear in mind, but my problem is definitely linked to the hot/cold water system as it's happens when the system is pressurised.....thanks
daveparton
daveparton

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:53 pm

I was told on my demo not to fill toilet flush more than half full .
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by daveparton Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:31 am

Hi Molly, my leak is without doubt on the pressurised hot or cold whale system, it's access to them that's the issue. I have had to rejoint the pipes numerous times in the sink/ shower behind the two access points, but logic tells me there must be connections beneath the shower/toilet and was hoping someone  could confirm/ refute this, and if so how to gain access, (probably by taking out the toilet).
daveparton
daveparton

Male

Back to top Go down