The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo water tank leak

4 posters

Go down

Nuevo water tank leak Empty Nuevo water tank leak

Post by Glosguy Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:28 pm

Anyone shed some light on slight water leak coming from the top of the fresh water tank. Anyone had similar problem or a possible issue before we drop the tank.

Thanks

Glosguy
Glosguy

Male

Member Age : 48
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Nuevo water tank leak Empty Re: Nuevo water tank leak

Post by inspiredron Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:48 pm

Not a leak - it's probably the air vent. If you put water in the air has to escape and when the tank is absolutely full (less if you are on a slope) then water will come out of the air bleed. It happens most times that I fill up.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Glosguy Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:51 pm

inspiredron wrote:Not a leak - it's probably the air vent. If you put water in the air has to escape and when the tank is absolutely full (less if you are on a slope) then water will come out of the air bleed. It happens most times that I fill up.

Cheers

Its nothing to worry about then?

I guess opening the tap and draining off a little water after filling up may help?
Glosguy
Glosguy

Male

Member Age : 48
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dago Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:53 pm

I find it a useful way to see when the tank is full hugegrins

Our hose at home has a hoseloc female socket on the end of the hose and this is a snug fit into the water inlet aperture on the side of the van.
So I can stand at the tap supply end ready to turn off the water supply as soon as I see water dripping down onto the ground look here

The water that is left in the hose doesn't get wasted, as this is poured off into a container, to be used in the toilet flush tank drinksallround
As my Company Motto goes "Be a watersaver, NOT a water waster" allthumbz hugegrins

Super Donator & ASOF Supporter
Super Donator & ASOF Supporter

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : 2007 Executive
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Nuevo water tank leak Empty Water tank leak

Post by Flynn Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:59 pm

I have the same problem with mine, I loose water if I fill the tank on the level then go up or park on a hill.

I was told that the tank has some plugs in the top which are there to protect the tank from splitting if water freezes in the tank, so that instead of splitting the tank the plugs are pushed out. As they are right at the top of the tank the only way to refit them is to drop the tank completely.

My local service centre said that the tanks on nuevos are difficult to get out and that the labour cost wouldn't be worth it.??

Don't know if it's all true or not??

Flynn
Flynn

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down