The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water running into storage locker

+2
Gromit
aajax42
6 posters

Go down

Water running into storage locker  Empty Water running into storage locker

Post by aajax42 Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:37 am

I have a nuevo es which has the canopy butting up to the bulge of the sleeping area. When it rains the water pours down the window in a stream and then straight onto the top lip of the under seat storage locker. We are on holiday and had a bit of a downpour. I was shocked to find that the carpet was soaking wet as water had got into the locker(which was flooded) and then into the main living area. We have had water pour into the wet storage area before but that was not so worrying.
aajax42
aajax42

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Water running into storage locker  Empty Re: Water running into storage locker

Post by Gromit Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:49 am

Back to your dealer as soon as possible.

Obviously a construction fault which they will fix, or send you to Willersey for A/S to do it.

In case you don't know, A/S have a free overnighting spot with electricity if you have to stay over. I think they appreciate a small contribution to the tea and biscuit fund, but that's all.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:20 pm

Agree totally with Gromit. Certainly sounds like faulty seal around the side access hatch.

Ditto for the so-called "wet locker" beneath the side access hatch. Had mine fixed by Willersey - found that, within the locker at its floor level (in left nearside corner) there was no mastic to seal the joint between main bodywork and underskirt; also addtional adhesive seal added to the locker drop=down door. Cured the problem.

Cymro

PS: as far as under-bed is concerned, I remember now that I also had water in there - in my case becuase there was no mastic around the external gas and electricity sockets.

Last edited by Cymro on Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added PS)
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by gef Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:37 pm

Hi have you checked that the locks have fully engaged by viewing from the inside I had a simular problem
Geof
gef

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Water running into storage locker  Empty water leak Nuevo

Post by johndean Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:18 pm

had same problem with my 2016 Nuevo. mark had it in at A/S for few days and it was completely cured. Body panels poor sealing took 3 days to complete sold van last year dealer tested and found no problems whatsoever.
johndean
johndean

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Fairford
Vehicle Year : !2019

Back to top Go down

Post by aajax42 Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:41 pm

Thanks everyone. The water pouring down in a raging torrent from the gap between the canopy housing and the sleeping compartment is a known problem and when I spoke to A.S. about it they said to get Spinney to seal it with some sponge. They have had a go at it but it is not much better.
aajax42
aajax42

Male

Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Maasai Warrior Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:56 pm

aajax42 wrote:Thanks everyone. The water pouring down in a raging torrent from the gap between the canopy housing and the sleeping compartment is a known problem and when I spoke to A.S. about it they said to get Spinney to seal it with some sponge. They have had a go at it but it is not much better.

Why doesn’t that surprise me! It is disgaceful! Nothing changes does it?

Take it straight back to Mark at AS and don’t leave until you have had it sorted! It shouldn’t have happened in the first place!

Pete
Maasai Warrior
Maasai Warrior
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway EB owner
Vehicle Year : Mar 2014

Back to top Go down