The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avtex TV shared knowledge

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Avtex TV shared knowledge Empty Avtex TV shared knowledge

Post by K & S Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:55 pm

Hi, I am not looking to trigger responses on the "rights & wrongs" of watching tv while camping or which is the best tv etc but looking for shared knowledge on using my Avtex 19 inch tv to record and play content. Having recently purchased this tv and soundbar I am reasonable pleased with picture quality and sound but recording onto their 8 usb stick is very limited in memory. I have a Humax box but Avtex advise I can only play from it to the tv not record.
Has anybody found either ways to add a larger memory usb device or hard drive that is compatible or, I do have an Apple ipad but suspect (although not tried) this can’t be played through the Avtex tv.
Avtex mentioned "larger memory devices can slow the tv" but not sure what that means in practice.
I could just purchase another one or two Avtex usb sticks if no better ideas from you guys.

PS I did have a problem this week with the tv not responding to the remote or from directly on the tv buttons.
I switched off the power and after 10 seconds switched back on and all was fine, this did happen again so I have asked Avtex to advise. I will post their responses.
K & S
K & S

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Avtex TV shared knowledge Empty Re: Avtex TV shared knowledge

Post by Peter Brown Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:29 pm

If you use any device that is powered from the USB you will pull down the TV voltage to the level that the set will switch off.

You could use a hard drive that has a separate Power supply but I think you are better advised to use a USB stick.

I also suggest that you don't record the HD channels as the playback can be erratic and on a 19 inch TV, SD picture quality is perfectly acceptable.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:56 pm

My 19.5" Avtex doesn't have recording. Instead it has catchup players to stream programmes over the last 7 days on demand, plus standalone iPlayer etc. So I can't help with the recording aspect. However I did have a look at a manual, is this the one you have?

https://www.avtex.co.uk/support/english/32-l199drspro-l219drspro-l249drspro-english/file

It says that it uses FAT32 format for the USB device. That means any size up to 2TB might work. But with any USB device, you have to format it on the TV itself. If you have a bigger USB stick lying around, why not just try it? The worst that can happen is it will tell you it's not supported when you try to format it on the television. I doubt it would affect performance unless you had a large number of recordings on the USB stick.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by K & S Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:48 pm

Thanks Guys
K & S
K & S

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by K & S Thu May 05, 2022 10:28 am

Is it just me? On my new Avtex 19 inch pro tv I find I can’t record when just receiving a satellite reception. I understand if I am watching something I can’t but when I schedule a recording it didn’t work. If I am able to receive an aerial signal the recording do generally work. Avtex sent me some resetting codes and info but still can’t record from satellite only.
Anybody had this issue please?
K & S
K & S

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by K & S Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:51 am

My latest issue with my Avtex tv recording which I still have issues with despite talking to Avtex is:
When recording on digital tv (not satellite) if I record the program showing at the time and set the next program (same channel) then turn off the tv, it appears when the first program finishes and the next starts to record. the tv sound comes on (not the screen) 
As this is usually after trying to sleep it’s annoying.
Anybody else have this issue?
K & S
K & S

Male

RML likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:06 am

Can’t help with your latest question but you say you are still having recording issues. Going back to your posts a year ago, you say you have a Humax box (which I’m assuming is a freeview recorder box). Can you not simply record direct on to that with the aerial lead plugged into it then playback on the TV?
Apologies if I’ve misunderstood!
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by K & S Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:00 am

Hi, thanks for response. Apparently Avtex advised me you can’t use the Humax box to record or play back from, not the same "format" or something.
I will add the other recording issues later that I am having. The problem I find with sending e mail questions to Avtex is they ask that I phone their technical help but I always seam to have the issues when they aren’t open.
The biggest problem is playing recordings or sometimes even watching live tv is a micro second ‘delay’ on the sound.
Anyway more later as need to enjoy the day.
K & S
K & S

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:20 am

I understand the format issue but I’m talking about simply connecting the Humax to the TV via HDMI and recording using the Humax program guide.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by K & S Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:28 am

Hi, apparently (and haven’t tried it) Avtex say NO can’t do. Anyway as the Wife isn’t ready to go out yet, another issue if anyone can help.
When I try to record from my satellite connection (photos show the picture is fine, it didn’t record. Tried hitting record whilst on the screen and trying from the program guide menus.
The messages and screen captions shown on photos attached. Or to follows if I hit wrong buttons.Avtex TV shared knowledge D24a3610
K & S
K & S

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by K & S Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:29 am

Avtex TV shared knowledge D2623310
K & S
K & S

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by K & S Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:29 am

Avtex TV shared knowledge C1882310
K & S
K & S

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by K & S Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:30 am

Avtex TV shared knowledge 50369710
K & S
K & S

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by K & S Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:30 am

But when I list programs it’s not there?
K & S
K & S

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:47 pm

Good luck finding a solution, I’ve never liked or had much joy with external recording although that was a while back before the large memory available on devices today.
Member V8oholic is possibly the guy that may know, maybe send him a PM?
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:16 pm

Has the tv got twin tuners allowing you to watch a tv channel and record one at the same time , have you tried setting up the record function for a program you wish to record and then putting the tv in standby

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:39 pm

Dbvwt wrote:Good luck finding a solution, I’ve never liked or had much joy with external recording although that was a while back before the large memory available on devices today.
Member V8oholic is possibly the guy that may know, maybe send him a PM?
I haven’t tried recording at all. I don’t at home anymore, either. These days I just use catch-up services.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:53 pm

v8oholic wrote:
I haven’t tried recording at all. I don’t at home anymore, either. These days I just use catch-up services.

Yep, me too, I’ve always stuck with a stand alone recorder box (which I can’t believe the O/P has been told can’t work?).  I’ve got the same TV as you, any news on any new Apps?
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:42 pm

Dbvwt wrote:

Yep, me too, I’ve always stuck with a stand alone recorder box (which I can’t believe the O/P has been told can’t work?).  I’ve got the same TV as you, any news on any new Apps?
I think they have stopped developing for it. They have replaced it with a more expensive new model which seems to be a lot more smart. It’s disappointing but this is the world we live in now, where manufacturers can discontinue ongoing support whenever they feel like it.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Dbvwt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:23 pm

Sad to hear but I got mine on a discount and primarily just use it as a standard TV so not a massive problem. Picture quality and weight is so much better than my old Avtex.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

v8oholic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by K & S Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:26 pm

Hi all, just responding to Freelander, the Avtex Pro I have should allow watching on one Chanel and recording another. I thought it should also allow watching on digital and recording on satellite. The satellite is only a single input so can only record one satellite program and can’t then watch another.
When I record I then turn off on the remote I don’t turn the tv off on its off button.
It’s all a bit hit and miss as I just recorded a program I was watching on digital ok (having turned the tv off on the remote) but the program on next (on digital again) didn’t record.
Anyway the picture on this tv is fine and the Avtex soundbar is good also.
The only complaint is the skin tones are very pale and don’t seam to be able to improve them using the various combinations on the picture settings, eg colour, contrast etc.
K & S
K & S

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:50 am

I do not use Avtex but my tv has recording facility’s by using a USB thumb drive, I swapped my thumb drive for a different type as I was also having similar problems with recordings and this cured it.

You should be also able to use an external humax box if cabled up correctly with the ariel lead to the humax first and the from the humax to tv , the hdmi lead that connects is just for play back

If the tv has different picture settings like dynamic , cinema, neutral try one of these and the using the settings to alter colour and contrast

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by K & S Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:22 am

Thanks Chris, I use an Avtex usb stick and another suitable fast usb stick with more memory, can’t recall how much memory but Avtex advised it was the largest one suitable as any larger "would slow" the tv. I have had issues which ever one I use.
You might be right that stuff recorded on the Humax might play back, just that Avtex say I can’t record to it so no use to me.
Have tried all the picture setting you mentioned, doesn’t help the skin tones.
K & S
K & S

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:27 am

K & S wrote:Thanks Chris, I use an Avtex usb stick and another suitable fast usb stick with more memory, can’t recall how much memory but Avtex advised it was the largest one suitable as any larger "would slow" the tv. I have had issues which ever one I use.
You might be right that stuff recorded on the Humax might play back, just that Avtex say I can’t record to it so no use to me.
Have tried all the picture setting you mentioned, doesn’t help the skin tones.

You are Not recording from the Avtex tv, with the humax it has its own tv tuner ,that’s why the ariel is connected

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by K & S Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:36 am

Got it thanks Chris, will try this as. I can’t recall precisely what Avtex said about my Humax box
but certainly left me with the impression that it wasn’t comparable with this tv.
 As an old eastern 9refuse to mention the R word) proverb says, "trust but verify"
K & S
K & S

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next