The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avtex Smart TV

3 posters

Go down

Avtex Smart TV Empty Avtex Smart TV

Post by Peter Brown Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:26 pm

Having used a Firestick instead of satellite for the last few years I decided to add an Avtex Smart TV to our recently acquired van. I've been a great fan of the Avtex products and technical support for many years now.

It is a good TV and its nice to just have one remote instead of two but the Firestick is a much better solution. The issues:

We use up spare data on our phones before connecting to the van wifi. The smart tv can only remember one wifi at a time so needs reprogramming every time the source is changed.

There are only a few streaming apps built in (BBC iplayer, Amazon Prime, etc) but most streaming services (All4, 5, etc) have to be accessed via the browser and using that without a mouse or keyboard is a pain.

When asking the Avtex rep at the NEC if there was likely to be any firmware upgrade to improve ease of use, I was dismissed out of hand - that's the way it is and that's the way its stays.......
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

FreelanderUK likes this post

Back to top Go down

Avtex Smart TV Empty Re: Avtex Smart TV

Post by FreelanderUK Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:14 am

I have tried all the little tvs , avtex ,cello , falcon and the best I have found is the Falcon with a fire stick , it just works the same as my large Panasonic and firestick in the home , the new fire sticks are so much faster than the first or second edition ones that I have changed the 3 I own to the latest edition and side loaded HDMovies on to them

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Gee Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:14 am

We have an Avtex Pro (not the smart one) and, rather than get a firestick or new TV we just plug the laptop into the TV with an HDMI cable.
Dave Gee
Dave Gee

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:49 am

Dave Gee wrote:We have an Avtex Pro (not the smart one) and, rather than get a firestick or new TV we just plug the laptop into the TV with an HDMI cable.

The original way I used to stream in the van was with an HDMI cable from the phone to the TV but down side was that couldn't charge the phone at the same time and late in the evening would forget to swop leads to charge overnight. It is though the simplest way to access the streaming services that are not apps on the avtex smart tv.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB

Dave Gee likes this post

Back to top Go down