The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyre pressures

+5
Richard G
marconi
Paulmold
Tigerbadge
Adam & Emily
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tyre pressures  - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyre pressures

Post by Caraman Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:00 am

Jamie D wrote:Our local Peugeot dealer changed the TPMS on our 2017 Neuevo for £20. I did not have to sign a disclaimer for the reset.
That's good news.  Which dealer and when did they do it?  What did they adjust it to?
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Cymro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:31 pm

Caraman wrote:
Molly3 wrote:My 2014  nuevo same as first photo 5.5  5.0 bar GVW 3300 klg  .as it is  pre 2015  it has been run  at these  pressures from  new and the  tyre ware  is perfect  ,I have no reason  to suspect  auto sleeper  TP are incorrect  .using CP tyres as OE .
The tyre pressure label on your Nuevo was placed there by Peugeot as part of the unconverted vehicle's Stage 1 Type Approval which was granted by Italy.  A-S has had nothing to do with it or the tyre pressures and nor did the UK's VCA when it granted A-S Stage 2 Type Approval for the converted vehicle in 2007.  The Peugeot pressures of 5.0 bar front and 5.5 bar rear are supposed to be for when the unconverted vehicle is loaded to its axle MTPLMs which should be 1750 kg front & 1900 kg rear if the GVW is 3300 kg.  The DVSA has stated: the tyre manufacturer is best placed to suggest what pressures are acceptable and these should not be exceeded unless on specific advice from them.”  You really need to check with your tyre manufacturer to find out from them what tyre pressures you should be using for the converted vehicle's axle masses which can't exceed 1400 kg at the front if the rear axle MTPLM of 1900 kg and vehicle's GVW are not to be exceeded.  When you lower your front tyre pressures you should find an improvement in road handling and front wheel traction.  Braking distances and tyre wear should also reduce and there will be in improvement in comfort.
The pressure for agilis cp  is 80 psi  as stated by Michelin
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:53 pm

Molly3 wrote:
Caraman wrote:
Molly3 wrote:My 2014  nuevo same as first photo 5.5  5.0 bar GVW 3300 klg  .as it is  pre 2015  it has been run  at these  pressures from  new and the  tyre ware  is perfect  ,I have no reason  to suspect  auto sleeper  TP are incorrect  .using CP tyres as OE .
The tyre pressure label on your Nuevo was placed there by Peugeot as part of the unconverted vehicle's Stage 1 Type Approval which was granted by Italy.  A-S has had nothing to do with it or the tyre pressures and nor did the UK's VCA when it granted A-S Stage 2 Type Approval for the converted vehicle in 2007.  The Peugeot pressures of 5.0 bar front and 5.5 bar rear are supposed to be for when the unconverted vehicle is loaded to its axle MTPLMs which should be 1750 kg front & 1900 kg rear if the GVW is 3300 kg.  The DVSA has stated: the tyre manufacturer is best placed to suggest what pressures are acceptable and these should not be exceeded unless on specific advice from them.”  You really need to check with your tyre manufacturer to find out from them what tyre pressures you should be using for the converted vehicle's axle masses which can't exceed 1400 kg at the front if the rear axle MTPLM of 1900 kg and vehicle's GVW are not to be exceeded.  When you lower your front tyre pressures you should find an improvement in road handling and front wheel traction.  Braking distances and tyre wear should also reduce and there will be in improvement in comfort.
The pressure for agilis cp  is 80 psi  as stated by Michelin
For the rear CP tyres yes but not for the front.  80 psi equates to 5.5 bar.  The ETRTO has directed that all rear CP tyres should be set to 5.5 bar regardless of the rear axle mass.  Continental have kicked back on this and currently recommend adjusting their rear CP tyres according to the rear axle mass.  Their table of rear CP pressures is in their Databook.  Your Nuevo is rear heavy front light.  If your rear axle mass is at its MTPLM of 1900 kg (which is 100 kg less than for the current Nuevo) which it could easily be and you had Continental tyres, they would probably still recommend 5.5 bar due to possible uneven loading across the rear axle but they would recommend a much lower front CP tyre pressure as your front axle mass won't be more than 1400 kg.  Michelin also recommend a lower pressure for their front CP tyre but not as low as Continental or Pirelli.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:43 pm

As I put in my first  post  Michelin  5.5 R  ,,4.5 F.

Last edited by Molly3 on Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie D Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:45 pm

Caraman wrote:
Jamie D wrote:Our local Peugeot dealer changed the TPMS on our 2017 Neuevo for £20. I did not have to sign a disclaimer for the reset.
That's good news.  Which dealer and when did they do it?  What did they adjust it to?
Peugeot Houndsmill, Basingstoke, they did it two years ago. Can’t remember exactly what it was changed to but think it was 45 front and 55 rear.
Jamie D
Jamie D

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo LT
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:31 pm

Jamie D wrote:
Caraman wrote:
Peugeot Houndsmill, Basingstoke, they did it two years ago. Can’t remember exactly what it was changed to but think it was 45 front and 55 rear.
Thanks
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Jamie D likes this post

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2