The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worcester ( Hampshire etc) tyre pressures

5 posters

Go down

Worcester ( Hampshire etc) tyre pressures Empty Worcester ( Hampshire etc) tyre pressures

Post by groundhog Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:10 am

So all you long distance Worcester owners what tyre pressures are you running on the rear axle please. I currently have 65psi which looks a little soft, the sticker on the door says 75psi- what do you all thinkplease:allthumbz: 
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Worcester ( Hampshire etc) tyre pressures Empty Re: Worcester ( Hampshire etc) tyre pressures

Post by PennyandDerek Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:16 pm

Groundhog,
No one can really say. Only you know what tyres you have fitted and what the weighbridge states you're normal rear load is.
Those using 'camper' tyres, for sporadic use, will have far higher pressures than those of us who choose to use ordinary commercial tyres.

Derek
PennyandDerek
PennyandDerek
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES Lowline
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Worcester ( Hampshire etc) tyre pressures Empty Re: Worcester ( Hampshire etc) tyre pressures

Post by DickandJanGlover Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:03 pm

groundhog wrote:So all you long distance Worcester owners what tyre pressures are you running on the rear axle please. I currently have 65psi which looks a little soft, the sticker on the door says 75psi- what do you all thinkplease:allthumbz: 

75psi, which is the value on the plate on the driver's seat for a fully laden Sprinter (which we all are in effect, the spare weight to MVGW makes little difference), but I've seen correspondence somewhere where the tyre maker suggests a lower pressure is Ok. Look at the tyre wear across the tread. If it's even, you are about right, if the edges are wearing more than the centre, you're too soft, if the centre wears more than the edges, you're too hard. Need a depth gauge to do that and I haven't got one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:06 pm

Get along to your local weighbridge with the van in loaded mode. Get each axle weighed and refer to the chart in the factsheet section here...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

scroll down to last page.

Other than that, write to your tyre manufacturer giving them the axle weights and size of your tyres and they will tell you.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:42 pm

Just back from the weighbridge before setting off to South of France for a while and total weight fully laden, full tanks etc was 3700kgs which I was very pleased about, I expected closer to the 3880kgs. I reckon I will run with about 68psi in the rear on that basis, the A/S chart doesn't list my tyre size and the wear looks pretty even!

If Lady Groundhog reads this she will fill the rest of the space with shoes, skirts. blouses etc so I shall just whisper the weight for now and tell her there is only 20kgs left before we are arrested and that has to be for collecting wine and cheese!.......up!
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Worcester ( Hampshire etc) tyre pressures Empty Those tyre pressures

Post by suenbar Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:44 pm

Search under Autosleeper Malvern and see my comments. I now run 3.5bar front 4.5bar rear, as recommended by Continental Tyres by e-mail when I submitted mt axle loadings. Its a much better ride. Mercedes admit that the pressures quoted on the seat box are 'recommendations' only.

Barry.
suenbar
suenbar

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Malvern

Back to top Go down