The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

White plastic table pole storage bases

+3
FreelanderUK
Dbvwt
Relaxez-Vous
7 posters

Go down

White plastic table pole storage bases Empty White plastic table pole storage bases

Post by Relaxez-Vous Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:40 pm

In both our previous Duetto and in our Kemerton XL the stainless steel table pole(s) are stored in the cupboard being held in place with a Terry's clip. Each pole sits on a white plastic base to prevent damage to the "wood". Has anyone got an idea what they might be called, and where might I buy a couple? There are almost like yoghurt pot lids and should cost pence.

A bit of background then. Our Kemerton XL came with a large table with metal folding legs, where do my long legs go when getting in and out? The small (aka useless) table has it's recessed mount between the rear of the front seats, useless unless you habitually rotate the front seats and want somewhere to put a cup of coffee.

Living in our previous Duetto we had a couple of tables with poles and recessed floor sockets, a far better arrangement inside. On the other hand the large table that comes with our Kemerton XL can potentially be used outside, providing the table height suited the folding chairs we have, it doesn't. For our Duetto ouside we could use both tables with a folding Fiamma base and a cut down pole that I fabricated to give a usable table height.

For our Kemerton XL eating inside, I've just about finished fabricating a pole so we can use the Fiamma folding tripod base with a new large table top that I bought from A-S parts. I've put a Desmo type boss underneath, the existing small table already has a boss for the pole. I'm going to have to experience if the standard A-S supplied large table with its folding legs is better or worse than my new arrangement.

Eating outside with my new large table (or existing small), I can use the shortish fabricated pole that I made for the Duetto which I already know gives a comfortable table height when we sit on our folding chairs.

Personally I'd have been happier if A-S had put a couple of more sockets in the floor of our van so we didn't have a table with folding legs, in other motorhomes a table with its folding legs will probably be better and more flexible.

PS. There's a yoghurt Sainsburys Booths supermarkets sells whose lid is within a whisker of being the right size. We've got the glass jar not the lid, possibly a tad too small in diameter.
https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/product/all-yogurt/glenilen-farm-raspberry-yogurt-160g
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

White plastic table pole storage bases Empty Re: White plastic table pole storage bases

Post by Dbvwt Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:11 am

Not the exact part you are after but something like this would work if you can’t find the exact thing.
Might be worth trying A/S but you won’t be talking pennies!

https://www.vital-parts.co.uk/budget-end-caps-12035-p.asp
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

White plastic table pole storage bases Empty Re: White plastic table pole storage bases

Post by FreelanderUK Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:40 am

The post office sell postal tubes with plastic end caps ,may be suitable

I just bought another leg to cut down to size and just bought 2 clips to hold it, it’s the leg with plastic ends and it just sits 1cm above the wood when in the clips

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Heanorboy Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:56 am

Hi
When I bought my van the poles did not have a base point so I used a couple of B&Q paint 0.25 sample pots fitted the lid to the base and single screw through both
https://www.diy.com/departments/goodhome-walls-ceilings-ottawa-matt-emulsion-paint-0-05l-tester-pot/3663602592419_BQ.prd

even full only £1.30 but often some in clearout at 25p if you dont have.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Ex 2012 Dorset W
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:43 pm

Thanks, I'll check if I've still got some tester paint pots. Aerosol can plastic top caps is another possibility, they'd need a trim though. Sainsburys shows the yoghurt with the promising lid, but when I went to order online it wasn't showing up, perhaps only available in-store.
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bev Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:29 pm

Wouldn’t any lid larger than the pole end do? Jam jar? Coffee jar etc. Secure to your ‘wood’ with chunk of blutack or some stick on Velcro.
Bev
Bev

Female

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : N/a

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:05 pm

From memory I think I cut a couple of inches off the end of a Fairy Liquid bottle, and drove a small screw through the bottom to secure it.

Dave
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by kaspian Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:58 pm

Lid from a Pringles tube ?
kaspian

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : WARWICK XL
Vehicle Year : 2017

Paramedic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:52 pm

With the yoghurt pot lid being to small I gave A-S Parts a call a few weeks ago. As we were going to Willersey for some work on our van I mentioned that we could collect a couple when we were there, save on postage etc. I saved more that that, they gave me them free.

My thanks goes to PT in A-S Parts Department
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

FreelanderUK, Tigger-tim and SENTINEL like this post

Back to top Go down