Small table in Nuevo

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Small table in Nuevo Empty Small table in Nuevo

Post by Gabjack on Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:02 pm

Is anyone else less than impressed with the practicality of the small table in the Nuevo (or other models with similar small occasional tables)?

When you're on the road and call in at a Motorway Service station, all you want is something to put your cup of coffee on and get your sites book out. But in order to use the small table, you have to turn both front seats around (not easy in my van as you have to alter seat back angles and front/back position) and even then there is no room to get either side of it in any comfortable position as the cab seats seem to be built for people over 6 ft tall. Why didn't AS put the base socket a foot further back into the habitation unit? This would have meant that you could sit on the bench seats and have a perfect place for a snack instead of having to get the big heavy fold-up table out for a short stop.

So my question is:-


Is there a bespoke product on the market that is cantilevered out from the upright pole that lets you fix the table top a foot further into the lounge?
Something that fixes onto the upright pole that has an extended arm with a short pole that accepts the table top bracket?
I've read on here about re-positioning the base-plate, but am a bit leery about cutting holes in the flooring above the tanks, etc.
Any suggestions welcome.
Gabjack
Gabjack
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 12
Joined : 2019-06-06
Location : Hereford
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Small table in Nuevo Empty Re: Small table in Nuevo

Post by Paulmold on Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:08 pm

I just wish there were cup holders in the Boxer cab.

_________________
If life just doesn't add up, start subtracting
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 15912
Joined : 2011-02-21
Member Age : 68
Location : Mold, North Wales
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Small table in Nuevo Empty Re: Small table in Nuevo

Post by burlingtonboaby on Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:18 pm

Paulmold wrote:I just wish there were cup holders in the Boxer cab.
Mirror guard, make a drinks/ snack tray Paul,I have one ,it cost £48 last year, only problem is that ,Tag our Border has taken over the front seats when static.
We had an aluminium boom arm and round table fitted behind our passenger seat in the Sigma, the boom arm was on a clamp bracket fitted to the bulk head and another bracket underneath the table top. These brackets allowed the table to move from behind the seat into a position in the centre of the floor area.
Autotrail have them fitted in some of their older larger vans.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 8168
Joined : 2011-11-15
Member Age : 70
Location : Bridlington
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Small table in Nuevo Empty Re: Small table in Nuevo

Post by Paulmold on Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:23 pm

The mirror guard cup holder only fits the later centre glove box, not mine.
Gromit put a boom arm for a table in his Nuevo. There are details on the forum, somewhere.

_________________
If life just doesn't add up, start subtracting
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 15912
Joined : 2011-02-21
Member Age : 68
Location : Mold, North Wales
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Small table in Nuevo Empty Re: Small table in Nuevo

Post by Dbvwt on Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:39 pm

Gabjack, what are your DIY skills like? 
Sounds like a simple mod could easily be made with basic skills (although I am a bit of a mod freak!!)
Dbvwt
Dbvwt
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 616
Joined : 2018-10-04
Location : Aylesbury
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Small table in Nuevo Empty Re: Small table in Nuevo

Post by PLOUGHLIN on Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:39 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
Peter L
PLOUGHLIN
PLOUGHLIN
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 3067
Joined : 2014-06-24
Member Age : 49
Location : NORTH HERTS
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Small table in Nuevo Empty Re: Small table in Nuevo

Post by Paulmold on Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:42 pm

Found Gromits details....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
If life just doesn't add up, start subtracting
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 15912
Joined : 2011-02-21
Member Age : 68
Location : Mold, North Wales
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Small table in Nuevo Empty Re: Small table in Nuevo

Post by Dbvwt on Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:01 pm

Sorry if this has been covered in the above links but could the pole bracket (on the underside of the table) simply be moved so it is not in the centre of the table but towards one end?
If it’s anything like my table the leg/bracket is plenty strong enough to support the table this way.

Or a simple tripod?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Dbvwt
Dbvwt
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 616
Joined : 2018-10-04
Location : Aylesbury
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Small table in Nuevo Empty Re: Small table in Nuevo

Post by Gabjack on Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:37 pm

Dbvwt wrote:Gabjack, what are your DIY skills like? 
Sounds like a simple mod could easily be made with basic skills (although I am a bit of a mod freak!!)
Very average....
Used to be more adventurous, but age has caught up with me. 
What are you suggesting?
Gabjack
Gabjack
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 12
Joined : 2019-06-06
Location : Hereford
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Small table in Nuevo Empty Re: Small table in Nuevo

Post by Gabjack on Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:44 pm

Dbvwt wrote:Sorry if this has been covered in the above links but could the pole bracket (on the underside of the table) simply be moved so it is not in the centre of the table but towards one end?
If it’s anything like my table the leg/bracket is plenty strong enough to support the table this way.

Or a simple tripod?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now that looks interesting...
Is the pole in the Nuevo 55mm dia?  Can't measure mine at the moment as it is in storage for a couple more weeks.
Thanks Dbvwt....
Gabjack
Gabjack
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 12
Joined : 2019-06-06
Location : Hereford
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Small table in Nuevo Empty Re: Small table in Nuevo

Post by Dbvwt on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:03 pm

Not a Nuevo but mine came in at exactly 55mm.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Dbvwt
Dbvwt
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 616
Joined : 2018-10-04
Location : Aylesbury
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Small table in Nuevo Empty Re: Small table in Nuevo

Post by Gabjack on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:14 pm

Dbvwt wrote:Not a Nuevo but mine came in at exactly 55mm.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thats Great Dbvwt...
Thanks for going to the trouble. Looks like they're all the same pole, so the Fiamma base should fit hopefully.
Gabjack
Gabjack
Gabjack
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 12
Joined : 2019-06-06
Location : Hereford
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Small table in Nuevo Empty Re: Small table in Nuevo

Post by Dbvwt on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:27 pm

I’m tempted to get one of those myself as it would also work outdoors. If you do go down that route please PM me with your thoughts/findings.
David
Dbvwt
Dbvwt
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 616
Joined : 2018-10-04
Location : Aylesbury
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Small table in Nuevo Empty Re: Small table in Nuevo

Post by bainzie on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:53 pm

Hi there .
we bought one of those  Fiamma  tripod leg things  , it works quite well  inside  and outside of  the van , only thing we have found  is that its a little on the high side .
I may take a bit off the  tube  to make it bit lower for the table .
But for the time being I will leave as it is .

Bernie
bainzie
bainzie
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 40
Joined : 2016-06-11
Member Age : 69
Location : Hereford,Herefordshire
Auto-Sleeper : NUEVO EK
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Small table in Nuevo Empty Re: Small table in Nuevo

Post by Paulmold on Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:20 pm

The poles are tapered at both ends so you can't cut them down. You can however buy shorter poles for use with a tripod.

_________________
If life just doesn't add up, start subtracting
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 15912
Joined : 2011-02-21
Member Age : 68
Location : Mold, North Wales
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Small table in Nuevo Empty Re: Small table in Nuevo

Post by Cymro on Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:45 pm

Paulmold wrote:The poles are tapered at both ends so you can't cut them down. You can however buy shorter poles for use with a tripod.

Well, not unless you have an omni-competent best friend who has all the necessary gear to cut out a few inches as desired from the middle of the tube, and weld it together again, and then make it perfect and respray it, thereby preserving both tapered ends. He kindly did that for me years ago when I had the Clubman , and I've kept (and used) that shorter leg thereafter. Ideal gin table outside, using Fiamma tripod! Stores in wardrobe (bought a clip from AS).

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 2087
Joined : 2011-06-05
Location : Caerdydd - Cardiff
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Small table in Nuevo Empty Re: Small table in Nuevo

Post by Gromit on Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:21 pm

Paulmold wrote:The poles are tapered at both ends so you can't cut them down. You can however buy shorter poles for use with a tripod.
My pole came with plastic end caps.

A bit of heat softened the glue enough to get one end off, so the leg could be cut down to length. The end cap was then replaced and the leg was as good as new.

We are talking about the Fiamma tripod table set here of course. The A/S system is quite different, and impossible to modify in this way.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 5835
Joined : 2015-03-11
Member Age : 76
Location : Worcestershire
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Small table in Nuevo Empty Re: Small table in Nuevo

Post by Gromit on Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:23 pm

P.S. I posted this a little while ago, complete with photos.

Hope it helps

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 5835
Joined : 2015-03-11
Member Age : 76
Location : Worcestershire
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Small table in Nuevo Empty Re: Small table in Nuevo

Post by Cymro on Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:34 pm

Gromit wrote:

We are talking about the Fiamma tripod table set here of course. The A/S system is quite different, and impossible to modify in this way.
My cut-down was indeed to the A/S system. I use the shortened leg ( with its tapered ends) both in the sockets in the floor of the van and in the Fiamma plastic tripod which I subsequently bought. 

It is possible to modify an original A/S leg as I've described - but I don't have the skill or equipment so to do. But I know a man who could! And very kindly did.

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 2087
Joined : 2011-06-05
Location : Caerdydd - Cardiff
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Small table in Nuevo Empty Re: Small table in Nuevo

Post by inspiredron on Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:38 pm

When we bought our Lancashire we also looked at the Bourton. At the time that was a Broadway on a Merc and it had the cranked table leg which fitted into a metal socket mounted on the end of the bed locker behind the passenger seat. I think that the table socket was offset like From it's post. Much better idea than the inflexible floor socket.
We have used the small table en route from the side settees. You have to swivel the front seats a bit and the handbrake lever does get in the way of turning the driver's seat.

_________________
Best wishes - Ron
inspiredron
inspiredron
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 2274
Joined : 2012-06-02
Member Age : 78
Location : Carshalton
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Small table in Nuevo Empty Re: Small table in Nuevo

Post by KMRTOPAZ on Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:53 pm

I cut a section out of the centre of a table pole/tube and rejoined it with an eight inch length of wood which I turned to fit,   on a wood lathe.  A couple of screws through the tube into the wood plug each side of the cut secured the join.
We use it (infrequently) with the Fiamma tripod outside the van.
Keith
avatar
KMRTOPAZ
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 559
Joined : 2014-12-26
Member Age : 87
Location : North Wales
Auto-Sleeper : Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Small table in Nuevo Empty Re: Small table in Nuevo

Post by Pete Taylor on Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:16 pm

Gabjack wrote:Is anyone else less than impressed with the practicality of the small table in the Nuevo (or other models with similar small occasional tables)?

When you're on the road and call in at a Motorway Service station, all you want is something to put your cup of coffee on and get your sites book out. But in order to use the small table, you have to turn both front seats around (not easy in my van as you have to alter seat back angles and front/back position) and even then there is no room to get either side of it in any comfortable position as the cab seats seem to be built for people over 6 ft tall. Why didn't AS put the base socket a foot further back into the habitation unit? This would have meant that you could sit on the bench seats and have a perfect place for a snack instead of having to get the big heavy fold-up table out for a short stop.

So my question is:-


Is there a bespoke product on the market that is cantilevered out from the upright pole that lets you fix the table top a foot further into the lounge?
Something that fixes onto the upright pole that has an extended arm with a short pole that accepts the table top bracket?
I've read on here about re-positioning the base-plate, but am a bit leery about cutting holes in the flooring above the tanks, etc.
Any suggestions welcome.
Gosh; all these complications!
Remove small table and stupid wiggly pipe bracket from van. Put it in your shed.

When you want to stop for a short time (as described above)… get the big table out of the wardrobe (20 seconds), erect it (10 seconds). Sit down. make a brew and get maps/butties/cakes out...  Relax.

_________________
Cheers,

Pete.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Pete Taylor
Pete Taylor
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 644
Joined : 2012-11-12
Member Age : 68
Location : Cheshire
Auto-Sleeper : Stanton.
Vehicle Year : 2014

http://www.petetaylor.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Small table in Nuevo Empty Re: Small table in Nuevo

Post by Gromit on Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:57 am

Alternatively, swing out small table on stupid wiggly pipe bracket (half a second) sit down, make a brew . . . . etc.  up!

It's whatever works for you. Nobody is wrong, and nobody is right. Each to his own, eh.  content
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 5835
Joined : 2015-03-11
Member Age : 76
Location : Worcestershire
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Small table in Nuevo Empty Re: Small table in Nuevo

Post by Gabjack on Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:38 pm

Pete Taylor wrote:
Gabjack wrote:Is anyone else less than impressed with the practicality of the small table in the Nuevo (or other models with similar small occasional tables)?

When you're on the road and call in at a Motorway Service station, all you want is something to put your cup of coffee on and get your sites book out. But in order to use the small table, you have to turn both front seats around (not easy in my van as you have to alter seat back angles and front/back position) and even then there is no room to get either side of it in any comfortable position as the cab seats seem to be built for people over 6 ft tall. Why didn't AS put the base socket a foot further back into the habitation unit? This would have meant that you could sit on the bench seats and have a perfect place for a snack instead of having to get the big heavy fold-up table out for a short stop.

So my question is:-


Is there a bespoke product on the market that is cantilevered out from the upright pole that lets you fix the table top a foot further into the lounge?
Something that fixes onto the upright pole that has an extended arm with a short pole that accepts the table top bracket?
I've read on here about re-positioning the base-plate, but am a bit leery about cutting holes in the flooring above the tanks, etc.
Any suggestions welcome.
Gosh; all these complications!
Remove small table and stupid wiggly pipe bracket from van. Put it in your shed.

When you want to stop for a short time (as described above)… get the big table out of the wardrobe (20 seconds), erect it (10 seconds). Sit down. make a brew and get maps/butties/cakes out...  Relax.
Thanks for your understanding Peter.
Firstly, I do not have a stupid wiggly pipe bracket, only a straight pole that requires the the front seats to be turned in order for the table to set up and used. As I have an arthritic wrist, turning the drivers seat around is not an easy task as requires altering every angle of the seat as well leaving off the handbrake. 
Secondly, If I wish to find a suitable alternative for short stops, I consider that my business, so please indulge me.
I have had plenty of helpful suggestions from other forum members and am pursuing those. 
Have a nice day
G.
Gabjack
Gabjack
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 12
Joined : 2019-06-06
Location : Hereford
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Small table in Nuevo Empty Re: Small table in Nuevo

Post by Mike Cope on Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:28 pm

In our last van, we used a Fimma Tripod Pro, which is a collapsible 3 piece foot. It worked very well, both inside and outside the van.
They also sell the tube leg, and the conic connection to attach the tube to the table separately, if needed, we didn’t need them for ours. The Tripod foot meant the table could be used anywhere inside and outside the van. The Fiamma foot part no is 06362 - 01, and they are readily available. Good Luck. Mike
Mike Cope
Mike Cope
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 15
Joined : 2017-02-05
Member Age : 73
Location : Durham
Auto-Sleeper : Stanton
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum