The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corinium Duo TV Ariel Connection

4 posters

Go down

Corinium Duo TV Ariel Connection Empty Corinium Duo TV Ariel Connection

Post by ChrisP28 Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:18 am

Hi, We recently visited a site where due to being in a valley we couldn’t get our satellite receiver to find a signal. The site had TV ariel points fitted to each pitch and hired the extension cables (actually they just had a £10 deposit on the lead. No charge). After hooking up the lead to the external connection point on the side of the van we still didn’t get a signal inside. As a check we ran the extension lead through the rear window and connected it to the ariel point in the bedroom. Presto the TV in the saloon worked a treat, loads of digital channels. From this we deduced that the internal TV points were connected OK. A quick look in the external connection box revealed that there were in fact 2 cables running from the satellite and TV connections and disappearing in through the wall of the van. We’ve not been able to trace the cable inside due to the kitchen cupboards and the cooker are fitted along that wall. Unwilling to start a trail of destruction in a new vehicle I’ve contacted the dealer that sold the vehicle to us who was convinced that although the connection point is fitted to the vehicle the connections weren’t actually connected inside to the TV points. From previous experience I don’t have a lot of faith in the dealers service department so it didn’t surprise me when i mentioned the cables going through the wall only promoted a pregnant pause in our conversation.
Does anyone here have experience of this system or could give me some idea of the route the cables may have taken once they entered the vehicle and where they may be connected into the internal connection system. I can’t imagine the manufacturer would put the cables in and not connect the system up.
Many thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.
CJP.
ChrisP28
ChrisP28

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Corinium RB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Corinium Duo TV Ariel Connection Empty Re: Corinium Duo TV Ariel Connection

Post by Dare-devil-dennis Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:23 pm

Still under warranty?

Call Auto-Sleepers service department at the factory and discuss it with them. One of the few manufacturers that value their customers enough to speak with them directly. They built it, so they should know.
Have your build number ready when you call them. it is on a label inside the glovebox.
Dare-devil-dennis
Dare-devil-dennis
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyRoyd Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:43 pm

I had problems getting the external connections on my Broadway to work, I traced the cables and found that both external coax and F (satellite) connectors feed to the internal F connection, I bought a F to coax adapter.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EKTBLP
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisP28 Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:10 pm

Thanks gents for the info. I will get on to Autosleeper, Strange you mention the connection to the F connector. When we picked up the van the dealer had the TV connected to the F connector in the saloon with an F to co-ax connector. I’d assumed it was running on the satellite dish but a standard co-ax was used for convenience. It did strike me as strange at the time but never thought anymore about it. something to look at at the weekend.
Again many thanks for all your help. Happy miles to you both.
Regards
CJP
ChrisP28
ChrisP28

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Suppersready Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:32 pm

Unless I've not read your posts correctly you need an additional lead that plugs in next to the satelite cable on the TV and then plugs in next where the cable is by the plug in power point behind the tele. This will pick up signal from coax outside cable point . Mine was missing this additional cable and I did as you did until I took the tele iff and had a good look.
Hope this helps if not ignore me .... Lol

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Corinium FB

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisP28 Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:11 pm

Hi, We had connected the tv ariel socket to the co-ax connection in the saloon rather than the Ftype connection using a co-ax connecting cable. the external co-ax connection was connected to the site connection. There was no signal getting through to the TV so then tried connecting the extension lead into the bedroom co-ax connection with no change to the TV connections in the saloon. the TV immediately started sensing digital channels.
I never disregard anybody’s suggestion without checking it out first so thanks for taking the time to reply. I think this weekend will be an interesting one for me, but probably not for the other half who will be holding the other end of the test leads. I’ll report back the findings.
Thanks one and all.
CJP
ChrisP28
ChrisP28

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Suppersready Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:12 pm

Ah I see ....
Suppersready