The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ariel Replacement

4 posters

Go down

Ariel Replacement Empty Ariel Replacement

Post by gpilky Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:51 am

I have a few problems with the Teleco ariel fitted to my Broadway so looking to replace it. My preference would be to change to a Status ariel but I was wondering if it was possible to do this without enlarging the hole in the vehicle.

Has anyone made this change? Was it straight forward or were there issues I should watch out for?

Thanks in advance for any advice......

Gary
gpilky
gpilky

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Ariel Replacement Empty Re: Ariel Replacement

Post by Gromit Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:59 am

Can't help directly Gary, but a number of members have had wiring problems with poorly fitted co-axial cable.

Have you made sure that's not your problem, before prising open the wallet?  smile!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by gpilky Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:24 am

The main problem is the signal amplifier light is out (and yes I've checked there is power) so I think its bust. The TV was working fine for a while and suddenly I couldn't get a signal to it and noticed the little red LED wasn't lit. I think this should be, hence my conclusion, although the instructions are far from clear. I did post about this earlier but with not much response.

I know AS sell a replacement amplifier. However, I have a secondary problem in that the antenna won't turn from horizontal to vertical (its been this way since I bought it) so could do with changing this too. 

Overall, thought it would be best to do the whole system. Status have a nice amplifier with a signal finder that would make setting up easier too.
gpilky
gpilky

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Ariel Replacement Empty New Digital Aerial

Post by gemdeco Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:05 pm

Hi 
   I do not know what make it is but I have a very neat I presume digital aerial on my motor home , it is nowhere as cumbersome as the Status Aerial, what a fag raising it up and then turning it round for light to change from many shades of orange to green then remembering to lower it again no space taken up in the cupboard either I would look at the whole market I am sure there are other options.
Regards
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Member Age : 73
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:22 pm

We are having the Status 570 fitted on the 19th when having the hab check done mobile one on the drive. had one before in previous Motorhomes and found it to be excellent.

Not that we watch much TV handy in inclement weather when not reading or crafting.also for the news.

Margaret

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down