The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sargent EC 325 Charger

2 posters

Go down

Sargent EC 325 Charger Empty Sargent EC 325 Charger

Post by Guest Wed May 20, 2015 10:47 am

Hi I have a very loud intermitent Buzzzzzzzzzzzzing from my Sargent EC325 Charger This can go on for a short period or for a long period  it can be all day or just a few minutes  sometimes this might then last a few days then it will operate quietly for long period then it will srart the buzzzzzzzzzzzzing  again and this buzz is very loud. The charger has been back to Sargents but they cannot find a fault.
Help has anybody else suffered this problem or might know what's causing it
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Sargent EC 325 Charger Empty Re: Sargent EC 325 Charger

Post by Gromit Wed May 20, 2015 10:51 am

Morning Tugg

Does it do this only when the telly is on?

Daft question maybe, because you would have said - but we had a similar problem with the buzzing coming through the TV speakers. Pain in the rear it was, and Sargent could only manage to reduce the noise by modifying the innards of the charger since it was mostly a problem with something in the telly.

Probably no help to you, but who knows?

Dave
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 20, 2015 11:29 am

Thanks for reply No it definitely comes from the charger I forgot also to add that the green light on the charger goes off    Cheers Tugg
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Wed May 20, 2015 11:57 am

If Sargent could not find a fault it suggests an intermittent mains connection to the power unit either in the van or the hook up lead (or even the supply). Does it happen wherever you are plugged in to the mains or just in one location?

I would first check the connections in both ends of your hook up lead are good. If they are then you need to take out the electrical connector on the van and check the back of that it, it is sealed and will be tight fit so don't remove it if you don't feel competent to re-fit it.

If that's ok then the next step is to trace the wiring from there to the psu and look for problems. The plug into the bottom of the psu is of a type where individual pins are held in place by tiny spring clips, if one of the clips breaks, the pin can be pushed partly out to cause an intermittent contact. Thinking about it, if you psu is easy to get at, that's the first thing to check.

Peter #1

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 20, 2015 4:09 pm

Hi Peter Yes it only happens when plugged into the mains . The charger is back at Sargent at the moment so they can long term test it ,  if it shows no fault I will
check the things you have suggested  Thanks for your help   Tugg
Anonymous

Back to top Go down