The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many ASOC members on ASOF now?

+17
peugeotboxer
Quilter
frederic
steve00136
chrisvesey
Cymro
paul bullock
Bobskate
inspiredron
Liam
dbroada
Gromit
Machloop
roli
Jaytee
Peter Brown
CC
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How many ASOC members on ASOF now? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many ASOC members on ASOF now?

Post by Peter Brown Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:10 pm

I wouldn't want to influence your decision but we are planning to call at the Mosel en-route and bring a significant amount of wine for consumption during the rally.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

How many ASOC members on ASOF now? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many ASOC members on ASOF now?

Post by Gromit Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:15 pm

As a strict teetotaller and active campaigner for sobriety at all times, I couldn't possibly join you then Peter.

Dave

P.S. I also tell porkies! lol4
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by paul bullock Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:24 pm

Hi ,just a quick comment, a bit off track,  but I have been to the Rudesheim site and it is excellent ! perfectly positioned for the lovely town and numerous river trips. The Drosselgasse is a must as is a "schweinaxe" and sauerkraut [apologies for spelling mistakes].the cable car to the top of the vinyards is an experience not to be missed! Just watch out for the low route under the railway to the site ,there is another a little further on which is OK! Kind regards                          Paul                champagne
paul bullock
paul bullock
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo ek 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by paul bullock Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:33 pm

P.S Just read Peters last message the site at Winnengen on the Mosel is a really good site with an excellent restaurant [on an" island" in the river] But there really is great sites anywhere along these rivers       Regards     Paul
paul bullock
paul bullock
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo ek 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:23 pm

Wanted to go to Rudesheim as enjoyed the rally in France so much this year but sadly it clashes with another holiday so_sadso_sad

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:16 pm

We're ASOC members as well. We've not been on any rallies, but haven't ruled them out through we often can't plan that far ahead and book.

The discount when the van is serviced comes in handy however and we usually learn something from the magazine.  This years sub is in the post to Jill.

The advice and fact sheets are very useful- more so if they were downloadable.
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:19 am

Quilter - have you tried copy and paste, after all thats how most of them got there !!!
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:46 am

roli wrote:Quilter - have you tried copy and paste, after all thats how most of them got there !!!

Edited:

Thanks Roger
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Machloop Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:21 pm

Peter Brown wrote:Did you miss the invitation to join us at Rudesheim for the "Rhine in Flames" firework display cruise in June/July next year?

What, with all that football in France going on, I'll see enough fireworks there to keep me happy in June/July thank you.  allthumbz

camper

Machloop
Machloop

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:43 pm

Machloop wrote:
Peter Brown wrote:Did you miss the invitation to join us at Rudesheim for the "Rhine in Flames" firework display cruise in June/July next year?

What, with all that football in France going on, I'll see enough fireworks there to keep me happy in June/July thank you.  allthumbz

I had to Google to find out what you were referring too - glad I'll not be in France!

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Machloop Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:19 am

After 12 years as a member of ASOC, this year I have stopped supporting them. Why ? rallies, rallies, rallies ! I am not interested in them but its all the club ever talk about.  They need to search out some non rally people to help run the club and especially that monthly magazine. Now don't get upset if you are a rally fan, I think that they are great - but not for me and even rally fans must admit that the club magazine is rally bloated. I'm sure that someone, somewhere is enthralled to learn that "Hilda brought a cherry cake" but please, a magazine full of this is just wrong. What would I like to see ? How about having a real go at the factory about new vans being sold with leaking toilets or not road testing the Kingham to ensure that the cushions don't fly off at roundabouts. [After all, its a club for owners not dealers - get out of bed with the manufacturers and look after your members is my thought].

camper

Machloop
Machloop

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:32 am

Hear, Hear!!

Well expressed, Machloop.
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:51 pm

Machloop wrote:After 12 years as a member of ASOC, this year I have stopped supporting them. Why ? rallies, rallies, rallies ! I am not interested in them but its all the club ever talk about.  They need to search out some non rally people to help run the club and especially that monthly magazine. Now don't get upset if you are a rally fan, I think that they are great - but not for me and even rally fans must admit that the club magazine is rally bloated. I'm sure that someone, somewhere is enthralled to learn that "Hilda brought a cherry cake" but please, a magazine full of this is just wrong. What would I like to see ? How about having a real go at the factory about new vans being sold with leaking toilets or not road testing the Kingham to ensure that the cushions don't fly off at roundabouts. [After all, its a club for owners not dealers - get out of bed with the manufacturers and look after your members is my thought].

The ASOC Newsletter is not a magazine, it is a collection of contributions from club members of information that they feel will interest other members.

I have all of the Newsletters, if you tell me year and month that your items were published I will be able to see what interests you?

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Machloop Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:15 pm

Peter Brown wrote:The ASOC Newsletter is not a magazine, it is a collection of contributions from club members of information that they feel will interest other members.

I have all of the Newsletters, if you tell me year and month that your items were published I will be able to see what interests you?
Exactly, the magazine needs changing/updating to make it relevant to more members and I have not contributed to it for years, indeed for the past few years I have only looked at the odd issue.

I don't mind trying to help the club out with these comments but I get the impression from you that they will be ignored. I certainly don't object to givng the club £20/ year just to support them but I would like to see it grow and improve.

camper

Machloop
Machloop

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:28 pm

I guess you missed reading the October 2016 issue, if you had read it I hope you would not have made the comments you did as it is changing style from June this year.

Having said that, the Editor needs contributions and if the only ones he gets are about rallies......

10 years ago, a significant number of contributions were on technical matters, including comments on problems with vans. Today, all such matter is directed by members to forums such as this and not the Newsletter.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeotboxer Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:16 pm

I have been a member since day one. joined up when we bought our van.
For the past few years I get a discount on the Insurance for belonging to a 'club', which more than compensates for the annual fee.
I must confess that I do now only glance through the pages. Usually any discussions of note have already been aired on this site.
I have never been on a rally or intend to.
However, I will continue to support the Club while I have the van.
I have had in the past articles printed, but I much prefer this site.

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Machloop Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:17 pm

peugeotboxer wrote:For the past few years I get a discount on the Insurance for belonging to a 'club', which more than compensates for the annual fee.
This year when asked "are you a member of any clubs" I answered "yes, the AS owners forum" for which, they said, knocked me 10% off. [no doubt off the 12% they add on to allow a discount for club membership]. I got the impression I would have got the discount for being in the bunny club.

camper

Machloop
Machloop

Back to top Go down

Post by Machloop Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:27 pm

Peter Brown wrote:I guess you missed reading the October 2016 issue, if you had read it I hope you would not have made the comments you did as it is changing style from June this year.
I have not seen that but I will update my comments and re-join if the June revamp is successful. Interesting to hear too as others must be of the same opinion as me and decided to do something about it.  Could you do a scan and upload the article Peter, I'd like to see the proposal.

camper

Machloop
Machloop

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:40 pm

It wasn't an article. It was the whole Newsletter produced by the Editor designate.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeotboxer Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:43 pm

Machloop wrote:
peugeotboxer wrote:For the past few years I get a discount on the Insurance for belonging to a 'club', which more than compensates for the annual fee.
This year when asked "are you a member of any clubs" I answered "yes, the AS owners forum" for which, they said, knocked me 10% off. [no doubt off the 12% they add on to allow a discount for club membership]. I got the impression I would have got the discount for being in the bunny club.
I did actually have to 'prove' my membership by copying the membership cards. (I know they could have been faked, but am happy with the deal)

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:03 pm

There are 2 types of ASOC Members which is no different to ASOF - Those who join in and those who just want to belong and read newsletters or forum posts
Many of the ASOC members just browse on here, others like Peter and Ricky are more active on here

When we joined ASOC in 2000 or 2001? we had just bought the Executive and a couple we know suggested joining ASOC just for the old Club & Company Rally and Newsleters along with any discounts knocking about
We quickly found at that 1st C&C Rally at Malvern that there were a lot of helpfull and friendly people and that started us rallying with ASOC along with the MCC & C&CC
It was mainly due to friendship with club members, some we have recruited that we swopped to the Windsor and now the Warwick
You meet all sorts on the rallies in various places for example we met Chris & Peter in the awning of their Duetto emptying several bottles of Red in the process!!

It would be good to see how many club members are on the forum. Both Peter and I have met many of you on rallies

As for change, if you want it, get nominated for the ASOC committee
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:07 pm

Without wishing to criticise the work of the existing editor (he can only edit what contributions he is given)  I would say that I gave 3 cheers for the magazine that was produced by the editor designate - It was a breath of fresh air in content and the printing was so much better, and it is a great shame that Macloop missed reading it. 
I, too, don't rally but I do have high hopes and a good deal of confidence that the new committee will drive the club forwards under PB's guidance.
I have in the past noticed that a very large part of the £20 sub goes on printing and postage and suggested that there might be a cheaper sub for those who were content wiith an electronic magazine.  At that time my suggestion was not seen as realisable, mainly because it opened the door to some members receiving their magazine before others and therefore getting priority for booking rallies.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:16 pm

Agree Ron, good mag, good club and hardworking committee allthumbz

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:56 pm

Question from a newbie... is the ASOC not connected to this forum?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:15 pm

No. This forum is independent from the club. We do however have members of the forum who are also members of the club. This forum was started because of the lack of such a forum as part of the club. This forum is free, the club is not.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next