The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well worth it for the money

+5
andygump
Waves117
roli
squip
CC
9 posters

Go down

Well worth it for the money Empty Well worth it for the money

Post by CC Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:58 am

We joined the auto sleeper owners club shortly after getting our Trident, it was a very reasonable price to join (£20) when we insured our Trident with Safeguard they gave us a discount on our insurance just for being members of the owners club, not sure how it works but very worthwhile in its self as the discount covered our membership :)

You get a montly newsletter, although it is very dated and to be perfectly honest a little dull dare I say, a better idea would be a quarterly newsletter with more stuff in it, ie readers stories, motorhome queries, pics, site reviews etc? instead it's like a small newsletter you would get from your local parish or church, "most editions" seem to have death notices in remembrance of long standing members, so I'm guessing most of its members are senior rather than in their younger years like ourselves (if mid 40's is younger years) :oops:

You also get a window sticker (nice one) which we immediately fixed to our windscreen, it's nice to be part of the Auto Sleeper community, but we are yet to go on any of their rallies or meetings, for £20 a year you cant really go wrong, the only thing I would say though is watch when you sign up as you wont get a full years membership if you signup later in the year (bit unfair) think you have to join in January to get the full years membership, why you cant have a full 12 months regardless of what month you sign up Im not sure? we signed up in May so only got around 7 months before we had to renew again recently, having said this it is only £20 a year!

Any other members here?
CC
CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Well worth it for the money Empty Re: Well worth it for the money

Post by Guest Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:44 am

think i might well have to join the club too CC

worth it just for the discount on insurance as i too use safegard ;)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by squip Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:06 pm

I am insured with Safeguard too. What sort of a discount do you get for being an ASOC member?

squip
squip
squip
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:12 pm

squip wrote:I am insured with Safeguard too. What sort of a discount do you get for being an ASOC member?

squip

Hello Squip

I'm pretty sure they give you a 15% discount (so we got £30 from what I remember) when we rang them to arrange the insurance they asked us if we belonged to any associations or clubs? we said "No" but we are thinking of joining the ASOC, they straight away offered us the discount and said as soon as we get our membership details through to ring them to advise (they must be pretty trusting) which we did anyway when our membership pack arrived.

Incidently I'm pretty sure they also said the discount applies also if you belong to the Caravan & Camping Club (Which we also belong to) but at the time of taking out the insurance we hadn't joined them, presume they would only give you discount for one or the other and not both?
(perhaps someone else might be able to clarify further?)

Are you currently a member of ASOC? if not I would certainly consider joining up, it's a modest fee for what you get back out of it really, we havn't attended any of the rallies as we like to tour around independently under our own steam, but you never know in the future 😁

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by squip Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:36 pm

Thanks for that CC.
We are members of both CC and C&CC but are not yet in ASOC so I suppose it is possible we are already getting a discount from Safeguard. We are not due to renew until end June but I can phone and ask before then.
Actually renewal at that time is a nuisance because we are usually away in the 'van at that time and have to request an early renewal quote before we go.

update
I have just found last year's renewal papers and in the box marked "Club" is a yes so I guess I have answered my own question. :)

Like you we are not into rallies preferring our own thing.

squip
squip
squip
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Well worth it for the money Empty ASOC

Post by roli Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:16 am

If you are in any of the clubs Safeguard will give you 10% discount ( only one club counts !!! )

Regarding ASOC, the committee constantly works towards member benefits and there are suppliers listed on the clubs website which may or mat not be of interest.
There is a monthly newsletter which contains coming rallies and booking forms. The club is well worth joining even if you dont rally a lot, but if you do there is a list
of the already Planned Rallies again on the clubs website at http://www.asoc.fsnet.co.uk/

Looking forward to our first ASOC Rally of the year - Marstons Brewery :D :D
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Waves117 Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:28 am

I joined the ASOC last year - but mislaid my membership number :( so never got round to renewing it this year , as this is required on the renewal form - maybe I should have another look for it.

Waves117 wave
Waves117
Waves117
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : TRIDENT

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:23 am

You should have had a renewal form around October/November time in the newsletter. You could contact the membership secretary if you dont have her details her snail mail contact address is on the application form on the web site
roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by andygump Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:01 pm

Hi Used to be a member of ASOC but they tend to concentrate on Rallies which we are not into. I did buy a couple of the DIY suggestion sheets(£1). I was disapointed there was no Forum and felt there was too much deference to the A/S Company. I have had three A/Ss and have been delighted with the quality. Would like to refresh the upholstery in my Exec, dose anyone know, which Company A/S uses for the upholstery?.

Like the Forum

Andy :D
andygump

Male

Member Age : 85
Auto-Sleeper : Topaz
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down

Post by stevomar Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:29 pm

andygump wrote:Would like to refresh the upholstery in my Exec, dose anyone know, which Company A/S uses for the upholstery?.

Hi Andy

I once rang AS to enquire about the material in my Trident - I wanted some to reupholster the cushions in a small caravan I'm trying to renovate in the same livery as my Trident - Unfortunately they said they had no more of that pattern in stock and as it was made in Belgium it would be highly unlikely I would find any. As mine van is a 2002 and yours is a 1995 I would think the chances of you getting matching material is a lot less than mine. But I suppose it's worth giving them a call on the off chance.

Stevo

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : VW Trident

Back to top Go down

Well worth it for the money Empty ASO CLUB

Post by deka Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:42 pm

In Ref to the joining the ASOC and not getting a full year's subscription if you join late on in the year, This is not true,if you join after the 1st sept in any year you get the rest of the year free plus the following year as well.This is what it says on the application form.

ASOC RULES ( Two members may be named on payment of one annual subscription. The annual subscription is due on 1st January, except that for members joining on or after 1st September, the first annual subscription covers membership until 31st December of the following year.
In signing this application form, you confirm that you have read the Articles of Association and Bylaws )
deka
deka

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Peugeot Sigma EL

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:58 pm

deka wrote:if you join after the 1st sept in any year you get the rest of the year free plus the following year as well.

Not in our experience you don't.... our membership lapsed and when we re joined the renewal was then due again within a year

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:06 am

If you join after September in say Sept 2012 you pay a subscription for a year, but that doesnt actually expire till the end of December 2013
roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down

Well worth it for the money Empty ASOC

Post by deka Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:46 am

Hi CruizingComet, Just to clarify, I,said when you join the ASOC,ie new members, not when you renew,hope this helps.Cheers
deka
deka

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Peugeot Sigma EL

Back to top Go down

Post by Dago Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:38 pm

andygump wrote:Hi Used to be a member of ASOC but they tend to concentrate on Rallies which we are not into. I did buy a couple of the DIY suggestion sheets(£1). I was disapointed there was no Forum and felt there was too much deference to the A/S Company. I have had three A/Ss and have been delighted with the quality. Would like to refresh the upholstery in my Exec, dose anyone know, which Company A/S uses for the upholstery?.

Like the Forum

Andy :D

Andy if it is of any help, a friend of mine is an upholsterer here in Eastbourne. Longstanding family run business.

J.E. Smith Upholsterers 01323 734206

Speak to Gary ( Smith ), I'm sure he would be able to help you. Although you'll have to bring the van over here.
Mention me to him & he'l double the bill best_friends

Dagol

Super Donator & ASOF Supporter
Super Donator & ASOF Supporter

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : 2007 Executive
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by Johno Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:23 pm

Just renewed my second years membership, didn't manage to get to any rallies last year due to personal circumstances but hope to get to a few in 2013 smile! .

I think it's worth £20 just for the newslettter and to be a member of the AS community, I lose more than that down the back of the sofa every year hugegrins .

Cheers John up!
Johno
Johno
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Eton
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down