The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changes to forum posting editor & smileys

5 posters

Go down

Changes to forum posting editor & smileys Empty Changes to forum posting editor & smileys

Post by Admin Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:11 pm

Most members may have noticed by now the new changes to the appearance of the text editing box. 

Changes to forum posting editor & smileys Posteditor_zps91070c2b

This new editor is still in beta testing therefore, there may still be some bugs.

The emoticons or smileys are now accessed by clicking on the smiley face in the toolbar, as you hover over each smiley it's enlarged and you can click to add to your post.

The emoticons (because we have so many) have been compressed from five boxes into one which has made them difficult to see, to remedy this we will be removing a number of the less popular smileys that rarely if ever get used anyway. Hopefully this will improve things.

Just a reminder that extra large, colour fonts, or non standard fonts are not allowed to be used by members. This feature is for use my Moderators only.

These changes are as a result of our forums software being updated and may change over the next week or two as any bugs are ironed out.

Regards

Last edited by Admin on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Site Admin
Site Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Changes to forum posting editor & smileys Empty Re: Changes to forum posting editor & smileys

Post by Dutto Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:24 pm

Hi there,

I can see the new huge square of Emoticons being a problem for newcomers as it's hard to choose something from such a huge selection.

However, for those of us who knew what was available and where they used to be, it seems to be easier to select something.

"Swings and Roundabouts" I guess!allthumbz

Best regards,
drinksallround
Ian

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Changes to forum posting editor & smileys Empty Re: Changes to forum posting editor & smileys

Post by CC Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:46 pm

hugegrins You should try it on an iPad mini !! Mind you it'd be a lot worse on a smart phone suppose...

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by orian Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:42 pm

Hi CC

Should have gone to Specsavers. hugegrins

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by dandywarhol Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:41 pm

I think there's bug if replying to a post using the "quote" option. My post ended up as part of the quote - so I just added my tuppenceworth to Crymo's post in Clubman suspension as a reply.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Clubman Anniversa
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down