The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bathroom Underfloor/Swing Wall Water Leak

5 posters

Go down

Bathroom Underfloor/Swing Wall Water Leak Empty Bathroom Underfloor/Swing Wall Water Leak

Post by zeberdy Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:06 am

Hi All,

I have a 2016 Nuevo EK with the swing wall in the Bathroom whilst lying under van by the underslung Gas-It tank on offside investigating the Truma Combi E212h error not running on gas I noticed water running along the underside of the floor just rear of offside wheel. 

It appears I have a leak from a quick release connector when the water pump is on the and the pipe is under pressure presumable some water got trapped and froze at some time parting the joint. 

I have removed the inspection panel at the rear of the swing wall but not issue close to the tap so assume it at base of swing wall perhaps a T piece as must carry on to shower tap then kitchen sink.

Has anyone striped out the swing wall and removed toilet / shower tray looks a right game of a job.

I'm not to far from Autosleepers Broadway so might wonder down and see if I can speak to the Service Techs in workshop have ben helpful in past.

Any info be great thanks
zeberdy
zeberdy

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper : T5 Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Bathroom Underfloor/Swing Wall Water Leak Empty Re: Bathroom Underfloor/Swing Wall Water Leak

Post by zeberdy Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:46 am

Doing a bit of research seems an underfloor or leak in bathroom error is not uncommon I found this thread https://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/t38978-leaks-potentially-under-the-shower-tray#350164

Perhaps some of the contributors could help if pipes can be accessed under toilet that might help.
zeberdy
zeberdy

Male

Back to top Go down

Bathroom Underfloor/Swing Wall Water Leak Empty Re: Bathroom Underfloor/Swing Wall Water Leak

Post by Peter Brown Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 am

zeberdy wrote:Doing a bit of research seems an underfloor or leak in bathroom error is not uncommon I found this thread https://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/t38978-leaks-potentially-under-the-shower-tray#350164

Perhaps some of the contributors could help if pipes can be accessed under toilet that might help.

I cant be certain of the date but around 2015, Whale delivered faulty push fit connectors to AS and they ended up in a lot of vans before the problem was discovered. I'm pretty certain that your 2006 van was built well before that.

Sorry I'm not familiar with the detailed construction of your van so cant help with access.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by zeberdy Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:38 am

Thanks for reply mine is 2016 so that could be issue or previous frost damage. Hopefully from further reading connection can accessed by removing Thetford C200 toilet.
zeberdy
zeberdy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:47 am

Your profile says 2006 Topaz - not helpful..... I missed your van description in your first post.

I remember a chap going to Willersey from a Whitemead rally (Forest of Dean) about that time to have the connectors replaced, I seem to remember that they had to remove the shower tray to get access but it cant have taken that long as he was back that day.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:18 pm

zeberdy wrote:Thanks for reply mine is 2016 so that could be issue or previous frost damage. Hopefully from further reading connection can accessed by removing Thetford C200 toilet.
Which van have you got?
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:44 pm

zeberdy wrote:Hi All,

I have a 2016 Nuevo EK with the swing wall in the Bathroom whilst lying under van by the underslung Gas-It tank on offside investigating the Truma Combi E212h error not running on gas I noticed water running along the underside of the floor just rear of offside wheel. 

It appears I have a leak from a quick release connector when the water pump is on the and the pipe is under pressure presumable some water got trapped and froze at some time parting the joint. 

I have removed the inspection panel at the rear of the swing wall but not issue close to the tap so assume it at base of swing wall perhaps a T piece as must carry on to shower tap then kitchen sink.

Has anyone striped out the swing wall and removed toilet / shower tray looks a right game of a job.

I'm not to far from Autosleepers Broadway so might wonder down and see if I can speak to the Service Techs in workshop have ben helpful in past.

Any info be great thanks
On mine a single cold water pipe and single hot water pipe disappear together through a gap at the base of the partition wall between the wardrobe/Combi and washroom.  The hot water pipe must then split 3-ways to feed the handbasin, shower and kitchen sink and the cold water pipe 4-ways to feed the same plus the toilet flush.  Hitherto I have assumed these splitters are hidden in the raised area around the base of the toilet.  I have just had a look at mine and wonder if a way in is to remove the cassette and then unscrew the plastic panel it sits on.  A phone call to the AS Service Centre at Willersey should get the answer.  If there is a leak in one of the connectors on either the cold or hot water side, the system will depressurise causing the pump to keep coming on.  If the leak is bad enough the pump may never go off until it is turned off on the control panel.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by cooperman15 Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:51 pm

I have a 2011 Nuevo and under shower tray water leak was solved by removal of the toilet and attending to the connectors/pipe junctions located there as they split to wash basin and shower.
Hope this may help.
cooperman15
cooperman15

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down