The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swing Shower Wall

Go down

Swing Shower Wall Empty Swing Shower Wall

Post by pstallwood on Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:48 am

We had the van's habitation service done on 20th March and collected it from the dealer on 23rd - the day before the dreaded lockdown. We have not used the van since then but are due to go away in a couple of weeks. Wife decided to go and clean everything and noticed that the swing wall was out of its hole at the top. I have managed to get the door when it is swung out back into the top hole but if I try to swing it back against the wall it pops out again. I currently have the door swung out and blocked up on some high density foam.

At the service in 2018 the dealer told us that the door had come out of the top socket but they had put it back - we hadn't noticed. We rarely swing the door out as, normally, we use site showers.

On top of that the plastic panel at the other side of the shower seems to have come adrift at the top and so the folding door will not open properly.

Thank goodness I have managed to book in at the dealers next week to get these things sorted as it looks like we will be using the shower virtually every day whilst we are away.

I have read the previous threads about the swing wall and wonder if anybody has found out what the real problem is with the swing door coming out and what, if any, is the proper cure.

Thanks.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Swing Shower Wall Empty Re: Swing Shower Wall

Post by jwells on Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:54 pm

The problem is Auto Sleepers have assembled it incorrectly! It will be to do with the packing pieces top and bottom. Just waiting for mine to fall out!
jwells
jwells

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK ES LT
Vehicle Year : ,2013

Back to top Go down

Post by pstallwood on Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:06 pm

Thanks Jwells. I will ask the dealers about this.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog on Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:21 pm

The man that invented the swing wall shower should be knighted! Just a shame some people can't put the thing together properly from all appearances.
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

jwells likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pstallwood on Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:51 pm

Update.

Well took the van to the dealer and they put the door back in. On the way home the door decided that it would swing open but the top spigot stayed in the hole. When I swung the door back to the correct position the door came out but on this occasion I managed to get the spigot back in the top hole.

We had booked our first holiday away and didn't have time to take it back to the dealer so we travelled with it jacked up on pieces of high density foam but even then there was only a couple of millimetres of spigot in the hole.

Wife has just gone out to clean the inside of the van following our holiday and when she took the foam out the door dropped out at the top. I have managed to get the door back into place and it is again jacked up on foam.

I have now written to AS asking for their solution.

I will keep you informed.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro on Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:04 pm

Oh dear. Not good. Thank you for the update (I was going to say "progress report" but it's hardly that.)

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum