The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Donations & Running Costs

+70
tysoncat
allanwbrown
Mike187
The Bargee
Nain
Bonniegirl
MickyG
groundhog
BobK
sussextravellers
artygirl12
makmps
andyh
philoaks
Dare-devil-dennis
Tinwheeler
Cheshirecheese
streetglider
eps
Newvo
repoort
BerniMarg
firsttimer
Martin H
mikemelson
SallyB
Spoonvet
mcalid
perryg
newterry
Lucyc1937
Jmbigland
TheoD
Gemini
RogMcC
Mabli
MelB
Ann Dobbins
Vectis
DKing
julieonajourney
Nickroddrake
Ready to go
Synthia
RS49
gassygassy
Motorhome Sales
Dynamic
GrahamF
Doris
Rocky
Bobskate
timsurf2021
PLOUGHLIN
Paulmold
harrysp
Eltel
Cymro
Kdc
frederic
Geoff57
MalMonty
rgermain
arkwright
rogerblack
Suppersready
Askit
IanH
Bilbobaggins
Admin
74 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Forum Donations & Running Costs - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum Donations & Running Costs

Post by sussextravellers Thu May 16, 2024 11:50 am

Hi ED , Thanks for all you do in this great forum . Donation sent
kind regards neil Sussextravellers wave
sussextravellers
sussextravellers
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ek
Vehicle Year : 2016

Admin and allanwbrown like this post

Back to top Go down

Forum Donations & Running Costs - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum Donations & Running Costs

Post by BobK Thu May 16, 2024 12:07 pm

ED...Admin  :   tried to make a donation today and went through the paypal procedure and when I was asked to confirm the payment on my phone  banking app....  the payment came up as "Payment to Rocketman   ???   I aborted it .     Is this your paypal name, ED???
BobK
BobK

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Autosleepless!!

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon May 20, 2024 4:08 pm

BobK wrote:ED...Admin  :   tried to make a donation today and went through the paypal procedure and when I was asked to confirm the payment on my phone  banking app....  the payment came up as "Payment to Rocketman   ???   I aborted it .     Is this your paypal name, ED???

Hi Bob

I have a couple of email addresses connected to my PayPal account hence the confusion, but yes if that comes up I will receive it, sorry for the delay I’ve just come back from two holidays, was home for a couple of days in between breaks but was so busy with other stuff I had no time to get on the forum. 

Apologies to anyone waiting for their forum member status to be updated, bare with me while I try to catch up with anything requiring my attention.

Regards

Ed

Site Admin
Site Admin

Male

BobK likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:17 am

Thanks for maintaining this great forum Ed, slap my wrists for not having sent a contribution recently. Now done.
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:24 am

groundhog wrote:Thanks for maintaining this great forum Ed, slap my wrists for not having sent a contribution recently. Now done.

Thanks Groundhog much appreciated, as always donations are completely voluntary for those happy to help out with our costs. Best Regards Ed.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Forum Donations & Running Costs - Page 4 Empty Donation sent

Post by MickyG Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:52 pm

Donation sent, keep up the good work!
MickyG
MickyG
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Topaz
Vehicle Year : 1994

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Forum Donations & Running Costs - Page 4 Empty Donation

Post by Bonniegirl Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:45 pm

Hi.  Donation just sent.  Had no idea of what would be normal so just guessed.  Hope its ok.  

Thanks for running the forum.  We have found it to be very useful/informative.  Thanks
Bonniegirl
Bonniegirl

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2024

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:30 pm

Kate Wise wrote:Hi.  Donation just sent.  Had no idea of what would be normal so just guessed.  Hope its ok.  

Thanks for running the forum.  We have found it to be very useful/informative.  Thanks

Many thanks for supporting us, much appreciated.

Also I have just picked up your message regarding change of username so will do this for you now.

Regards

Admin.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nain Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:35 pm

Donation made  up!
Nain
Nain
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Ex AS Symbol
Vehicle Year : 1999

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dynamic Mon Jun 24, 2024 6:16 pm

Donation sent, sorry for the delay!  Thank you so much for all you do.   This forum has helped me so much to enjoy my camper.   I would be lost without it!  Sue
Dynamic
Dynamic
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 2010

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:46 pm

Dynamic wrote:Donation sent, sorry for the delay!  Thank you so much for all you do.   This forum has helped me so much to enjoy my camper.   I would be lost without it!  Sue

Thanks for your support Sue. 

Yes we are blessed with an active, knowledgeable, friendly and helpful bunch of members, glad to hear it’s been a help to you. 

Admin.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:48 am

I want to make a donation, but paypal has got me stuck. They send a security code to my old phone number, which I don't have any more so I tried to get to my personal data, which is more difficult for me to do than it is for them. Can anyone tell me how to change your registered phone number with paypal?
I should add that I have now spent 45 minutes going through the Paypal web site advice on how to add a new phone number - you cannot do that unless you can send them a verification number which they have sent to your old phone number. Apparently you are supposed to add a new number while you still have your old number. Since I don't have my old number I cannot add a new one.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 1 Bourton 1 Polensa
Vehicle Year : various

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bargee Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:52 am

I have the same problem with PayPal. It tries to send texts to my landline, which I no longer have. Changing it involves lots of hoops. Ridiculous!
The Bargee
The Bargee

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike187 Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:53 pm

gassygassy wrote:I want to make a donation, but paypal has got me stuck. They send a security code to my old phone number, which I don't have any more so I tried to get to my personal data, which is more difficult for me to do than it is for them. Can anyone tell me how to change your registered phone number with paypal?
I should add that I have now spent 45 minutes going through the Paypal web site advice on how to add a new phone number - you cannot do that unless you can send them a verification number which they have sent to your old phone number. Apparently you are supposed to add a new number while you still have your old number. Since I don't have my old number I cannot add a new one.
If you log onto PayPal website, not the app. At top righthand side you should see a cog next to the log out button, pressing the cog should take you to a page with your details. On the right hand should be your phone number there is a button above it to add a number and to the right of the number is a button to change it, press that. Big caveat I have not used it myself so I don’t know process it takes you through. Apologies if you have already tried that and it doesn’t work.

Mike

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2013

Admin and gassygassy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:40 pm

These are the instructions on phone numbers on PayPal website. I've just tried to remove my home number as I no longer have a landline and the 'remove' it refers to is not there so I don't think their instructions are correct.  Perhaps an email/contact form may be needed.

Forum Donations & Running Costs - Page 4 Scree128

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Jun 26, 2024 5:28 pm

I've had my landline number removed by contacting PayPal through their contact page and using the message-us system. They sorted it in a couple of hours.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:45 am

Mike187 wrote:
If you log onto PayPal website, not the app. At top righthand side you should see a cog next to the log out button, pressing the cog should take you to a page with your details. .....

Mike
I tried that, it doesn't work. I tried www.paypal.com and www.paypal.co.uk, they are both the same. The home page doesn't show a cog, just a 'join' button and a 'log in' button and the obligatory smiling happy brown and pink persons feeling great joy over holding a dog and a cup of tea. The log in button obviously takes you back down the 'we'll send you a security code to your phone' route, which doesn't work if you don't have that phone number. I'll try Peter's method . . . .No that doesn't work either, I have tried the 'contact us' route, the 'Ive got a problem' route, and every single button that can be pressed has been pressed. Apparently I have a '2 step verification' process and one of the steps is to send a verification code to my old number, which I then have to enter in the space provided. It doesn't matter which series of buttons I press, it always comes to a grinding halt when they send a verification code to a number that doesn't exist. And they have no system that tells them that the number has not responded. If you dialled a non existent number through a Strowger telephone exchange you would get a continuous
 'number unobtainable' tone. Now we are so advanced we can buy a car or a house using a phone, you can get a university degree just using a phone, but apparently if you dial a number that ends at a router as in my case, you don't know you have dialled a router and not a phone.
I'll get some more minutes credit on my phone and go down the 'your call is so important to us that we don't employ enough staff to actually answer you' route.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:00 am

If you can get to the page I highlighted 3 posts earlier, scroll down to this....

Forum Donations & Running Costs - Page 4 Scree129

Use the message us link to post your problem, they will get back to you in a couple of hours, or use the other contact method ie phone them.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by allanwbrown Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:12 am

All done. Many thanks for all you do Ed.
allanwbrown
allanwbrown
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2023

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:04 pm

At that page I get:
Message us
Please log in to send us a message
Having trouble logging in?

After a couple of clicks and new pages it sends a message to the old phone number with a verification code.

I tried another route:
  1. Go to your Settings. (this won't work. I can't go to settings because it requires you to log in , to access Settings. I can't log in because they send a verification number to my old number)
  2. In the Phone Numbers section:  

• Click + Add New to add a new phone number. Enter the details then click Add phone number. (Remember to confirm it). So in theory at this point you have two phone numbers registered. However you cannot add a new phone number unless you have logged in, which requires the verification code they have sent to your old number.

• To edit your phone number, click Change next to the number. Make your edits, then click Update Number. 
  • To remove a phone number, click Remove beside the number. (You can only remove a phone number if you have at least two added to your PayPal account.)

Anyway I will have to phone them and see how long it takes. What I do understand is that any Joe Scammer could phone them to change a number and they do need to verify that I am in fact me and I am not a scammer so I guess they will want lots of information.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Forum Donations & Running Costs - Page 4 Empty Donation..

Post by tysoncat Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:28 am

Thanks Ed , money sent.
Keep up the good work we all appreciate what you do for the forum.
Thanks again.
Mick = TYSONCAT.
tysoncat
tysoncat
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 1993

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Forum Donations & Running Costs - Page 4 Empty Small initial donation sent

Post by Delboy Tue Jul 23, 2024 6:16 pm

Thanks to everyone involved in running the forum, it is a very useful source of information. Delboy
Delboy
Delboy
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Forum Donations & Running Costs - Page 4 Empty Donation

Post by Gatcombe740 Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:13 am

Wanted to make donation but do not use Paypal
Can you let me know of alternatives
Gatcombe740
Gatcombe740
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Gatcombe
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jul 24, 2024 12:10 pm

Gatcombe740 wrote:Wanted to make donation but do not use Paypal

Hi Gatcombe740

Thanks for wanting to support us, as stated several times previously PayPal is our only method of accepting payments as it’s simple & allow us to keep an easy record of payments in. 

You may not be aware but you don’t even need to have a PayPal account to send money. 

Regards

Ed

Site Admin
Site Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Wed Jul 24, 2024 2:02 pm

Admin wrote:
Gatcombe740 wrote:Wanted to make donation but do not use Paypal

Hi Gatcombe740

Thanks for wanting to support us, as stated several times previously PayPal is our only method of accepting payments as it’s simple & allow us to keep an easy record of payments in. 

You may not be aware but you don’t even need to have a PayPal account to send money. 

Regards

Ed

"You may not be aware but you don’t even need to have a PayPal account to send money." 

Can you please advise how to do this?

If I go to the page linked from your original post and click the Send button, it then goes to a second page that requires me to either Log In  or Sign Up, no other options are offered . . .

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next