The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maxview pro issue

3 posters

Go down

Maxview pro issue Empty Maxview pro issue

Post by BungalowBill Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:23 pm

My new ( to me) Fairford had only 300miles on clock when cruising up M5 I was alerted to some issue as motorists started flashing me and pointing to the roof.
Sure enough , on stopping at next services, the Maxview pro aerial had gone ! Didn’t hit anything… just sailed off apparently. I gather I am not the first.
My supplying dealer now says he can only fit the new Maxview pro which requires a new base with four screws securing aerial to base ( I wonder why!!?)
Unfortunately this new design requires a new base….
So unless I am very mistaken, the whole ceiling , shower enclosure as well as numerous other trim items will have to come out….to fit it….which fills me with horror.
Anyone else had this issue… and resolved it satisfactorily?
Thanks
BungalowBill
BungalowBill

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2023

Back to top Go down

Maxview pro issue Empty Re: Maxview pro issue

Post by inspiredron Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:14 pm

Surely a warranty repair. Not your problem - apart from your horror that your nice new van needs to be messed around to do the job, and you'll be without it for a while. I'd make sure it goes back to Willersey for a proper job. I wouldn't trust a Marquis dealer to do it.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by BungalowBill Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:07 am

Sound advice Ron….
I agree absolutely…. Based on dealer after sales service so far…..
BungalowBill
BungalowBill

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2023

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:55 am

The base of my Maxview developed a leak into the van.  The base had not been bedded into sealant and I suspect the fixing screws had been overtightened which had caused cracks in the plastic base.  The base had some movement in it but it didn't drop off.  I took it to the A-S Service Centre who fitted a completely new unit under warranty.  In your case it appears the base was OK but the aerial above it, which is removable, fell off.  I wonder if its locking screw had been tampered with.

Afternote:

Just looked on-line to refresh my memory.  It appears the Mk 1 had a removable head unit with a locking screw.  Mine was the Mk 1.  Not sure if my current head unit has the same locking screw.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down