The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maxview Qube system

3 posters

Go down

Maxview Qube system Empty Maxview Qube system

Post by RDBNorfolk Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:20 pm

We are thinking of treating ourselves to one of these systems but would be interested in any feedback from forum members.

Many thanks
RDBNorfolk
RDBNorfolk

Auto-Sleeper : Dorset

Back to top Go down

Maxview Qube system Empty Re: Maxview Qube system

Post by Dutto Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:01 pm

Hi there,

Don't have one ourselves but:

Good News - saw one in use as far south as Poitiers in France.  up! 

Bad News - UK registered MH but the owners may have been watching French programmes.  tap_fingers 

Doom and Gloom - I'm not too sure that I would like to have something quite that valuable and portable lying outside the van in some of the places where we stay!  By the time I realised that the TV reception had gone and opened the curtains to check outside the thief wouldn't need to be a top class athlete to have legged it with the Qube under his arm.  Whistle1 

Hope this helps.  allthumbz 

Best regards,
 drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Maxview Qube system Empty Re: Maxview Qube system

Post by Peter Brown Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:54 am

My friend has one and it works very well.

I share Ian's concerns about security, my friend only leaves it out for the duration of the programme. It is possible, depending on location, to use it next to a window inside the van.

I haven't looked for a while but they used to do the same unit for roof fixing. All you have to get from the outside to the inside is the LNB cable as the remote control operation is the same as for the stand alone unit.

The footprint of Astra 2 has changed since I was in Europe but up to now if you want to watch UK TV in Europe you need a bigger dish. I have a crank up plus which has excellent electrical performance and is able to be used in high winds. It does require an intrusive installation.

https://www.roadpro.co.uk/retail/12v24v-electronics/satellite-tv/fixed-manual-satellite-dishes/camos-crank-up-plus-satellite-dish-1163.htm

Peter

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down