The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maxview Gazelle TV reception

2 posters

Go down

Maxview Gazelle TV reception Empty Maxview Gazelle TV reception

Post by Eribiste Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:49 pm

I'm having some odd results with TV reception in a new Broadway. Unlike earlier models with a through the roof directional aerial the 2019 Broadway has a fixed omni-directional Maxview Gazelle Pro. The idea, which sounds good, is that one arrives on site, switches on the TV and conducts a channel search, then sits back and enjoys the show. Unfortunately I'm not quite at that state of telly nirvana.

We've just had a week on the Isle of Mull, followed by a week in Pembrokeshire. I don't know what the TV reception rating for Craignure, Mull would be so I wasn't overly surprised that to start with the pixelation of signal rendered the box unwatchable. However, as an experiment, I reversed the direction of the van on the pitch, and this did actually work. During our week in Pembrokeshire we were on a C&M club C.L. which has the reception rated as good, but we had no serviceable signal at first. I changed pitch to one next along and acquired a very good signal. The distance between pitches was 20 metres. My question is, is this normal with omni-directional aerials or do I have an iffy unit? In all cases we have had the signal booster on and done various searches on the TV ( Avtex) and adjustments with the booster gain.

Any ideas or opinions out there?
Eribiste
Eribiste

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Maxview Gazelle TV reception Empty Maxview Gazelle TV reception

Post by marconi Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:25 pm

I was surprised that the 2019 Nuevo has an omni directional aerial, we have actually had no bad results as yet, I have even been surprised by the performance.
Ultimately though if you find yourself in a spot where there are strong reflections you are going to have to move, maybe not very far at all, on the same pitch. You cant beat an elevateable, rotateable aerial though.
marconi
marconi

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down