The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full English

3 posters

Go down

Full English Empty Full English

Post by Paulmold Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:51 pm

On Wednesday, I travelled down to Gatwick Airport to pick up a family. Having left Mold at 02.30am for the long drive down with only a coffee break, I arrived with over an hour to spare. I had been told there was a Tesco just round the corner, so I thought I'd treat myself to a full English in their cafe. As I entered the store I asked where the cafe was and if it was open (it was 07.05) and was directed to it and told it opened at 07.00. By 07.10 I was sat with my 8 item breakfast (£4.99) and tucked in to find every item virtually cold. How within 10 minutes of opening can everything have gone cold?
I know that most Tesco cafes are franchises, so I thought a complaint to the cafe would perhaps get me a warmed up in the microwave meal and Tesco would never hear about it so when I got home I filed an on-line complaint to Tesco head office. The next day, phone call from their customer services, an apology and a promise of a refund and a £5 voucher in the post - result and I feel much better now!
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Full English Empty Re: Full English

Post by whisky Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:17 pm

Hi Paul.

So the ice pack out of the van freezer compartment under the plate worked. lol4 Result hugegrins

All in fun mate. Whisky. champagne champagne

PS. Have a great time at the Lincoln Show.

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by deckie Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:04 pm

Hi Paul,

Good on yer Mate allthumbz

I can never understand why, ALL of those type of Eateries AND Carvery’s don’t install Microwave’s for customers use !! (after all, they are installed on Ferries)

Probably H&S excuse again …..

Grumpy Old moan over hugegrins

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:05 pm

whisky wrote:Hi Paul.

All in fun mate. Whisky.

I know mate, I was so looking forward to it though - 8 items from a choice of bacon, sausage, egg (fried and scrambled), hash brown, fried bread, mushrooms, baked beans, tomatoes (grilled or tinned), toast and a free bottle of tropicana.
I don't get a full English very often these days, OH says they are bad for me.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down