The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

anybody able to translate English for me?

+2
willy eckerslike
dbroada
6 posters

Go down

anybody able to translate English for me? Empty anybody able to translate English for me?

Post by dbroada Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:59 pm

I took my mum to the hospital on Thursday to have her eyes checked. The eye doctor wanted her to have a vision test before seeing her again in 4-6 weeks. Yesterday she received a letter saying she had been removed from the Ophthalmology outpatient waiting list, using the following sentence:

Reason for removal: Patient Attended or Admitted Electively.

I have two questions....

What does "Patient Attended or Admitted Electively." mean

and when does attending an appointment become a reason for removal?

scratch head confused3 scratch head

dbroada
dbroada
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK (Stolen)
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

anybody able to translate English for me? Empty Re: anybody able to translate English for me?

Post by willy eckerslike Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:45 pm

I’ll take a stab at it. Patient was on a waiting list for treatment, attended appointment, was sent for eye test, patient treated, remove from waiting list (tick in box,waiting list reduced).
I think admitted electively would mean your mum chose to go into hospital for treatment.
What mystifies me is why couldn’t the eye doctor do a vision test ??
But don’t quote me Whistle1

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper : Devon
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

anybody able to translate English for me? Empty Re: anybody able to translate English for me?

Post by dbroada Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:00 pm

willy eckerslike wrote:What mystifies me is why couldn’t the eye doctor do a vision test ??
The eye doctor was checking out the health of her eye. He doesn't have the equipment to do a full eye test, especially as they are free from specsavers (other retail chains are available).

dbroada
dbroada
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dare-devil-dennis Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:06 am

Shocking!

Take it to her GP. They will explain it and react to the hospital accordingly.

I recently had a satisfaction survey turn up on my 'phone after visiting the Urology Dept. Full of jargon and abbreviations. One question was "would you recommend our department to your friends and family?" when I answered "No, definitely not" they responded immediately with "why?". I reminded them that consultations are always by referral from your GP and not by recommendation, I followed up by asking what their budget was for conducting this kind of survey. Still waiting for an acknowledgement or reply. 

I'm not holding my breath or I might end up with another after visiting the Chest Clinic!
Dare-devil-dennis
Dare-devil-dennis
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Maasai Warrior Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:16 am

Yes, no doubt the survey would have been created by a marketing agency, with little or no knowledge but guess what, with high fees!

PS. I haven’t forgotten about the photo of ‘rippling’ on my black grp roof. Sorry Dennis, I will get onto it soon!

Pete

Last edited by Maasai Warrior on Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:21 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : PS added)
Maasai Warrior
Maasai Warrior
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway EB owner
Vehicle Year : Mar 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by dbroada Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:22 am

The "customer satisfaction" surveys are government driven. Our local A&E (I have a season ticket) have recently changed the wording on theirs. It used to imply that you want your family and friends to have accidents.

dbroada
dbroada
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dare-devil-dennis Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:24 am

And I thought there was not enough money for the NHS!

How stupid am I?
Dare-devil-dennis
Dare-devil-dennis
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorfal Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:14 am

Removed from waiting list as she already attended for appt. other reason for removal from list is that the patient has been admitted to hospital, therefore no longer needs to be on the list
Lorfal
Lorfal
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by dbroada Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:16 am

Just phoned the hospital and they couldn't explain what it means. But we do have a new appointment so that's all right then.

dbroada
dbroada
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by StanRVan Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:38 pm

My mum had a pre arranged home visit from the memory clinic doctor, and she asked me to be there in case she couldn't remember what he said. A few days later mum received a letter from the memory clinic to let her know the doctor would be calling - the appointment date had already passed and was a different date to the day the doctor had called, it was a different time, and a different doctor!  confused3 Just as well I'd been there!
StanRVan

Female

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:17 pm

I received a survey from my local hospital a few days after having the inquest for my brothers death.

I didn't fill it in because there are no words in the English language for my opinion. It took them two years to fudge up a statement for the coroner.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down