The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you really full ?

+2
peugeotboxer
Tommy-Darcy
6 posters

Go down

Are you really full ? Empty Are you really full ?

Post by Tommy-Darcy Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:44 am

Them; "Do the campsite full signs mean you are full, can't you just squeeze us in somewhere, we have a 6 berth tunnel tent"?

Me; "No, we have bags of room, we just put the signs up so that the site doesn't take maximum advantage of one of the busiest weekends of the year"

Them; "Brilliant can we book in"?

Me; Staring in disbelief

Them; "oh, your being sarcastic, thanks for nothing" before speeding off up the drive shouting obscenities.........................!

NUMPTIES censored! 

This only occurred at about 8.30pm last night after about the 33rd time of saying "no sorry we are full. No honestly we are full, NO we can't squeeze you in, very sorry etc etc since 6.00pm!!!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Are you really full ? Empty Re: Are you really full ?

Post by peugeotboxer Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:59 pm

If you'd moved your van out into the road, they could of had your space!

(Just trying to be helpful winks )

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy-Darcy Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:07 pm

peugeotboxer wrote:If you'd moved your van out into the road, they could of had your space!

(Just trying to be helpful winks )

PB
lol4  I'm just suprised they didn't say about the patches of grass between the hard standing pitches not having anything on them lol4

Probably more of the same tonight tap_fingers  Oh Joy !!!

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:56 pm

Hi there,

The Town bus service here in Skegness has a huge sign on the front that says "TOWN SERVICE" but I can't even begin to think how many times the poor driver has had to pull into a bus-stop to be asked the question (usually in a Brummie accent) "Do you go to Ingoldmels?"tap_fingers tap_fingers 

As a long-time resident in the town we always reckon that most people just send their bodies on holiday and leave their brains back home for a rest!up! 

Keep up the good work!!allthumbz 

Best regards,
drinksallround best_friends 
Ian

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy-Darcy Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:22 am

Yes Ian, a favourite saying of mine is "They leave their common sense at home with the cat" up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:49 am

Purely as a factual observation, I arranged to meet up with family friends in Langdale last year, and I was the first to arrive onsite. As soon as I got to the site entrance I was greeted by a big sign with "Site Full" displayed, so we had a quick panic and started looking for nearby alternatives. But as there were none, we drove down the long driveway and the site did not appear full, so we went to reception, and no problem, they had plenty of space.

I was there for four days, and in the whole of that time the "Site Full" notice stayed up. It was still there when I left, with the site nearly empty.

So, sometimes the question "are you really full?" is not so stupid.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:07 am

Dutto wrote: to be asked the question (usually in a Brummie accent) "Do you go to Ingoldmels?"tap_fingers tap_fingers 

Ian
No, no , Brummies go to Rhyl or Weston-Super-Mare, I though it were Sheffield folk that go to Ingoldmels.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy-Darcy Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:07 pm

-mojo- wrote:Purely as a factual observation, I arranged to meet up with family friends in Langdale last year, and I was the first to arrive onsite. As soon as I got to the site entrance I was greeted by a big sign with "Site Full" displayed, so we had a quick panic and started looking for nearby alternatives. But as there were none, we drove down the long driveway and the site did not appear full, so we went to reception, and no problem, they had plenty of space.

I was there for four days, and in the whole of that time the "Site Full" notice stayed up. It was still there when I left, with the site nearly empty.

So, sometimes the question "are you really full?" is not so stupid.
This was the Bank Holiday weekend, At a very Hot and Sunny Barmouth, with the campsite being right by the sea confused3  although I do understand what you are saying Mojo, surely it wouldn't take much in the way of common sense to figure it out !!!

One guy, even after I had told him twice that even if he had a tent the size of a hanky he couldn't fit anywhere he then moved on to one of my colleagues, asked the same question and was given the same reply !

Obviously the site in Langadale was not keen on being over full or were quite happy with the revenue they were getting by campers deciding to ignore the sign. Just out of interest, what was their response when you questioned the Full Sign? Obviously presuming you did.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:21 pm

Paulmold wrote:
Dutto wrote: to be asked the question (usually in a Brummie accent) "Do you go to Ingoldmels?"tap_fingers tap_fingers 

Ian
No, no , Brummies go to Rhyl or Weston-Super-Mare, I though it were Sheffield folk that go to Ingoldmels.
In Skegness we happily take money of everyone regardless of race, creed or colour!!allthumbz allthumbz 

As a kid I used to work on the local Amusement Park and we always called August Bank Holiday Monday "Education Day".

This was when we educated all the people from the Midlands that there were only seven half-crowns in a pound .......

..... and for anyone who thought any different they only had to count their change!! Whistle1 Whistle1 Whistle1 

Best regards,
drinksallround 

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:31 pm

Tommy-Darcy wrote:Obviously the site in Langadale was not keen on being over full or were quite happy with the revenue they were getting by campers deciding to ignore the sign. Just out of interest, what was their response when you questioned the Full Sign? Obviously presuming you did.
This was a Bank Holiday weekend too. I confess I did not ask about the Site Full sign, but it was a rather unusual site - they were ~very~ fussy about who they would let stay there. So I think the sign was up so that they would have no problem with declining groups of people that they did not like the look of.

Shortly after I had booked in and was waiting in queue to pay, a group of six lads turned up, but there was no space available for them. But family groups arriving later didn't seem to have any problems getting in.

I must admit I don't blame the site owners - I have no doubt they have years of experience of big groups of youths getting drunk and causing havoc, and so as far as I can tell they were using that experience to try to reduce the risk of aggravation for everyone.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy-Darcy Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:00 pm

Aha, there we go then up! 

When I was warden at a very small tent only site owned by the National Trust nr Beddgelert, we had a strict no single sex or group bookings policy. However, common sense was the best thing to use. If a group of blokes in posh cars came into the carpark, and they were all wearing decent walking gear it was obvious why they were there, and allowed on.

If however a couple of Vauxhall Corsa's drove in with "da tunes" banging and boxes of Stella up to the roof, it was obvious why they were there, and NOT allowed on. The verbal abuse they gave me only confirmed I had made the right decision.

I find that large groups of friends and families are also a complete pain. They come on site, take over the place turning their pitches into "Party Zone", let the kids out of the car (some being just toddlers) so they can run riot while the adults crack open the booze and the vocals become louder and louder as the night roles on. They also become quite abusive if you politely ask them to "Please quieten down a bit as other campers are trying to sleep" or "is their any chance you can look after your kids".

I must stress though that this is a minority, the majority of campers whether in groups or not are polite, and also show gratitude for the work we do by saying "Thank You for a lovely holiday" ........................ that is enough for us smile! 

We all want everyone to enjoy their holidays, after all that is why we enjoy being wardens, but it would be really nice if some people were more considerate and think about other campers instead of themselves and their group.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by johnandeva Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:02 pm

Watch what you say about us brummies,we don't take the mick out of you carrot crunchers, regards johnandeva
johnandeva
johnandeva

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy-Darcy Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:52 pm

johnandeva wrote:Watch what you say about us brummies,we don't take the mick out of you carrot crunchers, regards johnandeva
lol4  lol4  lol4

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:02 pm

As an exiled Brummie (born Sparkbrook, then went posh(ish) to Hall Green) I know where we went on holiday. It was always Rhyl until parents bought a static in Weston.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down