The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Truma Help

+6
WANDERING DAVE
Cymro
babian
BornAgain
Caraman
Apple
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Truma Help - Page 2 Empty Re: Truma Help

Post by Apple Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:27 pm

WANDERING DAVE wrote:Marquis have just brought out this new policy of charging £100 + vat for all warranty work.
That's outrageous, won't be considering them if I'm ever in the market for another van !!
Apple
Apple
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Truma Help - Page 2 Empty Further update

Post by Apple Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:18 pm

Apple wrote:
Apple wrote:Arrived on site yesterday, plugged in and filled up

My Truma display is showing ‘Operation fault, connection error. Fuses checked, supply checked etc. Tried multiple times to switch off and back on bu without success
  Would be grateful if anyone can offer a possible solution.
Many thanks

Apple
Hi all,

Many thanks for all the replies and advice re my heating / hot water supply.

It appears I have the Truma CP25 model display which was only apparently manufactured and fitted for a couple of years (alarm bells already ringing now I have this info!). The control board on the boiler associated with this unit does not have a reset button.

I,ve tried the fixes offered on the forum but regrettably none have worked so have been on to the dealer (only had the van for 2 months) From his inference it is clear this is not the first time he has seen a problem with this unit and he has arranged for a diagnostic appointment. Truma apparently offer a replacement upgraded unit and board to replace the CP 25 with a 14 day delivery time. Too late for my next jaunt to Inverness so will have to continue with the kettle for hot water and the fan heater for warmth.

Hope this info is useful for anyone else with the same unit.

To be continued……….

allthumbz
Dicksons of Perth have given me excellent service. There was a worn bearing in the fan and the data cable had malfunctioned. All related under warranty with minimum of fuss.

Off to Bunchrew caravan park in Inverness this morning so the heating and hot water will get a thorough testing.
Apple
Apple
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Bilbobaggins likes this post

Back to top Go down

Truma Help - Page 2 Empty TRUMA HELP

Post by WANDERING DAVE Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:51 am

Just an update, after another 370 miles and two days we have finally had a new circuit board fitted.
The old one had the reset button missing, so was obviously a faulty board on a brand-new van.

Although I cannot fault the service that S M C have given me. I will be very reluctant to buy from a dealer who is not local again. They say that local agents will do repairs, I have found this is not the case.

Let's hope the heating problem has now been solved, so we can go away knowing that the heater is going to work.

Thanks, everyone for all your help.
WANDERING DAVE
WANDERING DAVE

Male

Auto-Sleeper : BOURTON
Vehicle Year : 2022

Caraman and Bilbobaggins like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard G Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:48 am

WANDERING DAVE wrote:I have a 2022 Bourton it has an intermittent fault it keeps showing an error code W 621 H.
The code relates to the temperature sensor or cable, took it back to S.M.C on our way up to Scotland, they tested the sensor and the cable and could find nothing wrong. When this code kicks in we have no heating or hot water it just stops working.

It came on a couple of times whilst in Scotland. We got home and it came on again.
Can anyone help. It's got so that we are reluctant to use the van with the possibility of the heating not working.
Is there a printed circuit board that is breaking down does anyone know.
I don't know where to go to get repaired.
Mine does same code display.

It only does it if i dont turn Heating and Hot Water to Off before i disconnect mains supply and using EL! source.

If i turn off before disconnecting all is ok. 

When code does show i just press and hold the setting rotary switch . I concluded that was the way it is designed to work. Seems fairly logical.
Richard G
Richard G

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL
Vehicle Year : 2021

Cymro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:57 pm

The Manual gives instructions about connecting to an EHU but not about disconnecting. 

Before disconnecting from an EHU (and starting the engine to drive away), my routine is always to turn off any plug-in mains devices, turn off the Truma at its CP and then turn off the EC700 CP power button.  The only load the EHU will be under when I disconnect it should be the fridge and PX300.  

Before connecting to an EHU the Manual says shutdown the EC700 and turn the PX300 off and then turn back on after connecting but I don't do this while touring as I find it impractical.  So the EHU will be under immediate load from the fridge and PX300 when I reconnect.  After I connect to an EHU I turn on the EC700 CP power button before turning on the Truma at its CP.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Bilbobaggins likes this post

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2