The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Truma Help

+6
WANDERING DAVE
Cymro
babian
BornAgain
Caraman
Apple
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Truma Help Empty Truma Help

Post by Apple Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:43 am

Arrived on site yesterday, plugged in and filled up

My Truma display is showing ‘Operation fault, connection error. Fuses checked, supply checked etc. Tried multiple times to switch off and back on bu without success
  Would be grateful if anyone can offer a possible solution.
Many thanks

Apple
Apple
Apple
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Truma Help Empty Re: Truma Help

Post by Caraman Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:26 am

Apple wrote:Arrived on site yesterday, plugged in and filled up

My Truma display is showing ‘Operation fault, connection error. Fuses checked, supply checked etc. Tried multiple times to switch off and back on bu without success
Many thanks

Apple
Is it set to run on gas, mains or both?  Have you tried altering this setting.  If its gas or both, is the gas turned on and do you have supply.  If its mains or both, is your connection to the EHU good?
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:58 pm

Caraman wrote:

Many thanks

Apple
Is it set to run on gas, mains or both?  Have you tried altering this setting.  If its gas or both, is the gas turned on and do you have supply.  If it’s mains or both, is your connection to the EHU good?
Hi Caraman,

It’s set to run on mains but I’ve tried both in the settings and just get the same message The connection to the EHU is sound everything else on the van is working correctly I’ve tried plugging in and re plugging in. I’ve checked the wiring under the bed adjacent to the boiler and everything seems OK. I’ve seen on other forum answers that there is a reset control somewhere but despite taking off the panel cover I Cant find it. I think I may be resigned to using the kettle for hot water and a plug in electric fan heater for the next 5 days until I can get it booked in at the dealers.
Apple
Apple
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:04 pm

Mine is a later model than your and it has a tiny reset button on the PCB but I'm not sure that yours will have this.  You may be aware that the Truma has a mains fuse on it which is below the PCB and on many installations it is difficult to get at.  Best to wait and see if other members come up with something.  We lost our Truma for a while and had to resort to a kettle.  At least you have a fan heater which we didn't have!
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BornAgain Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:43 pm

My new Bourton has an error code on the Truma CP panel which indicates a communication problem. It’s booked in under warranty but the dealer talked me through a few (unsuccessful!) steps. Check all the dc fuses and reset the boiler. There should be a reset button on the Truma boiler panel and you can check videos on YouTube to help locate it. Not sure where the boiler is on your model but on the Bourton it is at the bottom of the wardrobe - a simple matter of removing the draw, squeezing your head in the gap and locating the button with a mirror and a torch! Of course, the panel was at the far side of the boiler! Good luck.
BornAgain

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2022

Back to top Go down

Post by babian Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:07 pm

Turn off 12v system Sargent black left button. Unhook ehu. Leave everything off for 15 mins. Reconnect ehu. Push in Sargent black button too on. Turn on Sargent panel first then try truma panel. Worth a try. 12v reset sort of. Good luck.
babian
babian

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:59 pm

babian wrote:Turn off 12v system Sargent black left button. Unhook ehu. Leave everything off for 15 mins. Reconnect ehu. Push in Sargent black button too on. Turn on Sargent panel first then try truma panel. Worth a try. 12v reset sort of. Good luck.

Hi Babian,

Thanks for the advice. Have carried out your idea but regrettably still no joy. Looks like it’s up to the dealers next week.

Thanks again

Apple
Apple
Apple
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:28 pm

Apple: I Googled "Truma connection error" and up came the following.  It suggests that the problem may be with the contol unit. I'm afraid it's beyond me, but it may point you in the right direction. Good luck.

Cymro

The CP25-UK was manufactured in 2012 & 2013 for some Swift (lower market end - higher end had Alde) and Coachman (higher and mid end, lower had Truma 3000 & blown) While in Holland recently, heating was operating normally one evening and as it chilled, we went to change the temperature control. On first touch we got the three bleeps and the unit displayed 'Connection error' I tried a reset, both 12v and mains off for 30 seconds, and did a re-try - same result. I tried the obvious fuse on the Combi boiler, on top with the connections, but due to its location, I could not access the multi coloured slow burn 10 amp fuse lower down inside the boiler casing. Next day, I consulted the Truma website and located a dutch Truma repair company. They arrived the next day and with a 'Truma Diagnostic Computer' connected, ran through a long but quite thorough check programme - the result was that both the heating and hot water could be made to work from their computer keypad ! So neither the boiler or wiring was faulty. They then isolated the CP25UK and connected that up - unit displayed 'Connection Error'. They then made many phone calls to Truma NL but could not locate a CP25UK panel, it was made for the UK market only. I would have to make enquiries upon return to the UK. After the BHol, I contacted Truma at Derby (Nicky in customer services) and learned that there were none in stock, no spares, no back up, nothing. After considering the replies I received on here, I decided to take an early suggested solution from here and have an aluminium panel made up to cover the CP25UK hole and have fitted the old grey rotary control into it. I can now make the heating and hot water work.After much time spent contacting Coachman and Swift and a couple of suggested (on here) possible sources, I drew a blank, but seem to have reached a solution that satisfies my needs, but is possibly a source of service that you can maybe offer to the many others who will sooner or later have a u/s Truma CP25UK unit.
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:46 am

Cymro wrote:Apple: I Googled "Truma connection error" and up came the following.  It suggests that the problem may be with the contol unit. I'm afraid it's beyond me, but it may point you in the right direction. Good luck.

Cymro

The CP25-UK was manufactured in 2012 & 2013 for some Swift (lower market end - higher end had Alde) and Coachman (higher and mid end, lower had Truma 3000 & blown) While in Holland recently, heating was operating normally one evening and as it chilled, we went to change the temperature control. On first touch we got the three bleeps and the unit displayed 'Connection error' I tried a reset, both 12v and mains off for 30 seconds, and did a re-try - same result. I tried the obvious fuse on the Combi boiler, on top with the connections, but due to its location, I could not access the multi coloured slow burn 10 amp fuse lower down inside the boiler casing. Next day, I consulted the Truma website and located a dutch Truma repair company. They arrived the next day and with a 'Truma Diagnostic Computer' connected, ran through a long but quite thorough check programme - the result was that both the heating and hot water could be made to work from their computer keypad ! So neither the boiler or wiring was faulty. They then isolated the CP25UK and connected that up - unit displayed 'Connection Error'. They then made many phone calls to Truma NL but could not locate a CP25UK panel, it was made for the UK market only. I would have to make enquiries upon return to the UK. After the BHol, I contacted Truma at Derby (Nicky in customer services) and learned that there were none in stock, no spares, no back up, nothing. After considering the replies I received on here, I decided to take an early suggested solution from here and have an aluminium panel made up to cover the CP25UK hole and have fitted the old grey rotary control into it. I can now make the heating and hot water work.After much time spent contacting Coachman and Swift and a couple of suggested (on here) possible sources, I drew a blank, but seem to have reached a solution that satisfies my needs, but is possibly a source of service that you can maybe offer to the many others who will sooner or later have a u/s Truma CP25UK unit.
Hi Cymro

Many thanks for this very comprehensive reply/advice. I’m away in the van at the moment and relying on the kettle for hot water and fortunately I have a low amp  but very effective fan heater . I’ll book it in at the dealers next week and hopefully they will come up with a solution. Making up an aluminium panel and fitting a rotary control I’m afraid is way beyond my field of expertise. It is a second hand van and came with a 12 month warranty so hopefully the dealer will look kindly on me (I wont hold my breath)

Thanks again

apple
Apple
Apple
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:04 am

Apple wrote:.....  Making up an aluminium panel and fitting a rotary control I’m afraid is way beyond my field of expertise. 

And certainly beyond mine!!  But I merely wondered whether it might be relevant for a dealer to consider.

Good luck.
Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Truma Help Empty TRUMA HEATING

Post by WANDERING DAVE Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:15 pm

I have a 2022 Bourton it has an intermittent fault it keeps showing an error code W 621 H.
The code relates to the temperature sensor or cable, took it back to S.M.C on our way up to Scotland, they tested the sensor and the cable and could find nothing wrong. When this code kicks in we have no heating or hot water it just stops working.

It came on a couple of times whilst in Scotland. We got home and it came on again.
Can anyone help. It's got so that we are reluctant to use the van with the possibility of the heating not working.
Is there a printed circuit board that is breaking down does anyone know.
I don't know where to go to get repaired.
WANDERING DAVE
WANDERING DAVE

Male

Auto-Sleeper : BOURTON

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:21 pm

There are many Google hits for this and suggested fixes.

As for where to go, it’s back to SMC.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Truma Help Empty RE TRUMA HELP

Post by WANDERING DAVE Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:58 pm

Thanks for replying, the only trouble with going to S.M.C. is they are 162 miles away.
WANDERING DAVE
WANDERING DAVE

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:02 pm

WANDERING DAVE - there is a reset button on the Truma Combi printed circuit board which can be used to clear obstinate errors on the Truma CP.  We have had to use it in the past.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:33 pm

WANDERING DAVE wrote:Thanks for replying, the only trouble with going to S.M.C. is they are 162 miles away.
That demonstrates a reason for buying close to home. Sorry to sound smug.

Good luck. Hopefully, Caraman and the folk on other forums will sort you out.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Truma Help Empty Truma help update

Post by Apple Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:21 pm

Many thanks

Apple
Hi all,

Many thanks for all the replies and advice re my heating / hot water supply.

It appears I have the Truma CP25 model display which was only apparently manufactured and fitted for a couple of years (alarm bells already ringing now I have this info!). The control board on the boiler associated with this unit does not have a reset button.

I,ve tried the fixes offered on the forum but regrettably none have worked so have been on to the dealer (only had the van for 2 months) From his inference it is clear this is not the first time he has seen a problem with this unit and he has arranged for a diagnostic appointment. Truma apparently offer a replacement upgraded unit and board to replace the CP 25 with a 14 day delivery time. Too late for my next jaunt to Inverness so will have to continue with the kettle for hot water and the fan heater for warmth.

Hope this info is useful for anyone else with the same unit.

To be continued……….

allthumbz
Apple
Apple
Donator
Donator

Male

Cymro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Truma Help Empty TRUMA HELP

Post by WANDERING DAVE Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:01 pm

As a last resort i have booked it into Willersey.
 I am hoping as they built the van they should be able to cure the problem. It's going in on the 8th November.
 Without heating we cannot use the van, not a very good advert for Auto Sleeper.
I will let you know how I get on,
WANDERING DAVE
WANDERING DAVE

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:45 pm

WANDERING DAVE wrote:As a last resort i have booked it into Willersey.
 I am hoping as they built the van they should be able to cure the problem. It's going in on the 8th November.
Disappointing to see this in a new van, understand why you would take it to A/S as it will be under warranty. However as the fault seems to be with the Truma system then not sure A/S should be blamed for a component failure from a third party supplier. 

Might make sense to discuss with Truma

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:45 pm

WANDERING DAVE wrote:As a last resort i have booked it into Willersey.
I'm sure they will sort you out under warranty.  It's probably something simple like a bad connection which A-S may have been responsible for.  It's a nice part of the world so you can make a trip out of it.  They will even give you a free overnight hookup if you want it, otherwise Broadway is a nice CAMC site and there are other sites not far away.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by WANDERING DAVE Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:55 pm

I would like to thank Bilbobaggins for his advice to talk to Truma.
It seems that the problem seems to point to the circuit board.
Phoned A/S at Willersey, to make shore they had a circuit board in stock. To my surprise they said they do not have any Truma engineers working for them so they would not be able to work on the unit. That has saved me a wasted journey to Worcestershire.

Truma did give me a list of engineers in my area, but because it is practically a new M/H no one is interested (it is three months old). That is not strictly true one company Marquis Motorhomes (from whom I have bought three brand new M/H's), said they would look at it but wanted £100 + vat up front as an admin fee before they would look at it.

Got in touch with S.M.C. where I bought it, they have been in touch with Truma who are sending them a new circuit board. Which means another two-day trip to Newark for a 15 min job fitting the new board. This is the third visit with this fault.

Why did I buy From S.M.C., because they had one in stock, Marquis quoted me nine months at least for delivery.
Needless to say, I will not be buying any new vans from Marquis again.

It appears that you have to go back to the selling dealer for any warranty work. Even if there are local agents in your area.
WANDERING DAVE
WANDERING DAVE

Male

Bilbobaggins likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:25 pm

Would it not have been possible to go to Truma service centre at Derby ?

When my Truma needed fixing I  also found that AS only fit Trumas not fix them and although way out of warranty (like 8 years), no Truma engineers would do the job so like you I had to go back to my selling dealer , once to confirm fault then again for repair. My dealer was only 80 miles away thank goodness.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:44 am

WANDERING DAVE wrote:I would like to thank Bilbobaggins for his advice to talk to Truma.
It seems that the problem seems to point to the circuit board.
Phoned A/S at Willersey, to make shore they had a circuit board in stock. To my surprise they said they do not have any Truma engineers working for them so they would not be able to work on the unit. That has saved me a wasted journey to Worcestershire.

Truma did give me a list of engineers in my area, but because it is practically a new M/H no one is interested (it is three months old). That is not strictly true one company Marquis Motorhomes (from whom I have bought three brand new M/H's), said they would look at it but wanted £100 + vat up front as an admin fee before they would look at it.

Got in touch with S.M.C. where I bought it, they have been in touch with Truma who are sending them a new circuit board. Which means another two-day trip to Newark for a 15 min job fitting the new board. This is the third visit with this fault.

Why did I buy From S.M.C., because they had one in stock, Marquis quoted me nine months at least for delivery.
Needless to say, I will not be buying any new vans from Marquis again.

It appears that you have to go back to the selling dealer for any warranty work. Even if there are local agents in your area.
As I understand it, Marquis is part of Auto-Sleepers whose after-sales warranty work can be carried out by their Marquis outlets or the Auto-Sleepers Service Centre at Willersey.  This was my experience when after 4 months I moved all my warranty work from my Marquis dealer to the Service Centre.  Maybe the difference is that you bought from an independent dealer.  Its surprising that the Service Centre is less capable of carrying out Truma repairs than a Marquis dealer but maybe they have scaled back their operations.  I sort of experienced this with my awning.  They wouldn't repair it even though it was repairable.  All they would do is replace it with a new one supplied by Thule under their 2 year warranty which is what happened.  I did have some success getting Thetford warranty work carried out on my cooker by a local Thetford agent rather than Marquis or the Service Centre who are much further away from where we live (1 Hr to Marquis, 2 Hrs to Willersey).
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by WANDERING DAVE Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:39 am

Marquis have just brought out this new policy of charging £100 + vat for all warranty work.
WANDERING DAVE
WANDERING DAVE

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:40 am

WANDERING DAVE wrote:Marquis have just brought out this new policy of charging £100 + vat for all warranty work.
Does that only apply if you didn't buy the van from them?
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by WANDERING DAVE Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:49 am

yes, if you buy from them, they don't charge you.
I would not buy from them on principle.
Maybe other dealers should stop working on their vans.
WANDERING DAVE
WANDERING DAVE

Male

Caraman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next