The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Really am a grumpy old man....

+11
breakaleg
Paulmold
Dbvwt
IanH
Askit
mcalid
bikeralw
babian
Bobskate
Tinwheeler
groundhog
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Really am a grumpy old man.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Really am a grumpy old man....

Post by bikeralw Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:28 pm

I saved £3.40 by buying last Saturday's Daily Mail for £1.10. Excellent two week TV guide and 5p worth of reading in the actual paper..
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

groundhog and mcalid like this post

Back to top Go down

Really am a grumpy old man.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Really am a grumpy old man....

Post by mcalid Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:11 am

breakaleg wrote:Listen, I was a Salesman for Mr Kipling Cakes for 27 years and have earnt the rite to be grumpy at Christmas. We had used to enjoy our day off over the festive period though.  rolleyes
What an exceedingly good post!!!
mcalid
mcalid
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2008

groundhog, mikethebike, Bobskate, Silver Tourist and Bilbobaggins like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jivebiker Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:37 pm

I'm right with you there. I have taken to using a shopping trolley as a barrier/ramming device, to protect me from the idiots. 
The biggest hazard I seem to face are small children running riot through the supermarkets, whilst their parents shop on oblivious to the chaos they cause. Covid or not,what ever happenend to keeping your kids under control.
jivebiker
jivebiker

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman
Vehicle Year : 1996

mikethebike likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:33 pm

bikeralw wrote:.........
I watched in horror a news clip of Christmas shoppers on Oxford Street the other day, I swear folk in that crowd would be carried along even if they lifted their feet off the pavement!
Al.
Many years ago we used to go to Oxford Street at Christmas time just to remind ourselves how much we hated it.
About 25 years ago we stopped, having convinced ourselves that we didn't need to remind ourselves any more.
gassygassy
gassygassy
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 1 Bourton 1 Polensa
Vehicle Year : various

bikeralw likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:38 pm

bikeralw wrote:I saved £3.40 by buying last Saturday's Daily Mail for £1.10. Excellent two week TV guide and 5p worth of reading in the actual paper..
Al.
hang on a minute there Al. Saturday's Daily Mail has all the cheap cruise bargain advertisements. We saw this advert in a Saturday Daily Mail and as a result went from Southampton to Sydney, and return flight, and a week in Sydney and some of the excursions, two people for under £7k. The 56 night cruise was £2995 each. £53 a night on a 5 star luxury hotel, as much as you can eat and drink included. Or about the same cost as staying in a UK camp site now . . .
gassygassy
gassygassy
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 1 Bourton 1 Polensa
Vehicle Year : various

bikeralw and IanH like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by grongydong Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:08 pm

You'll be pleased to know wifey just bought a bag of Cadbury's mini easter eggs from the local shop, how we laughed !!!!!😱😱😱🤣🤣🤣
grongydong
grongydong

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Symphony

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2