The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grumpy ' old ' men

+5
Askit
Bad Penny
Quilter
willy eckerslike
NORGIL
9 posters

Go down

Grumpy ' old ' men Empty Grumpy ' old ' men

Post by NORGIL Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:50 pm

Just an idea now that our ages are no longer displayed onscreen. When posting in the grumpy old mens section it can safely be assumed that the contributor is grumpy, but could posters please indicate if they are  post middle aged, elderly, aged, ancient, or older than gods dog just to give us an idea of their grumpiness level.
NORGIL
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL
Vehicle Year : 2001

Back to top Go down

Grumpy ' old ' men Empty Re: Grumpy ' old ' men

Post by willy eckerslike Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:21 pm

Maybe you could supply parameters for each category, after all some old fogeys still believe they can carry off lycra and speedos hugegrins

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper : Devon
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:26 pm

Are ladies allowed to join ?   I recognise that ladies don't on the whole moan or grump, whatever age they are, but, just occasionally, I feel like a little whine and I wouldn't want to be excluded.
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Penny Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:31 pm

Quilter, please give us a good example of a grumpy old so and so. You are not excluded. Join in and give us hell. allthumbz

Leighton.

Bad Penny
Bad Penny
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway owner
Vehicle Year : 2014 mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:11 am

Well, I'm not happy about our ages not being displayed..........how the heck will I keep track of how old I am  scratch headsnigger

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:14 pm

Bad Penny wrote:Quilter, please give us a good example of a grumpy old so and so. You are not excluded. Join in and give us hell.  allthumbz

Leighton.

Thanks Leighton !  When I can get my thin and nimble (not) fingers  to coordinate with my awful eyesight to write letters that make sense on my teeny little phone then I'll moan for England.  

Until I get home to my big chunky computer....you have been warned.
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:31 pm

Last year when I was approaching the official retirement age my facebook account started to be inundated with ads for everything from a bath with a door to stair-lifts!
I thought blow this and went into my account and knocked ten years off my age, apparently you're only allowed to do this once.
I immediately had a spring in my step and my eyesight improved....
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:13 pm

Quilter wrote:Are ladies allowed to join ?   I recognise that ladies don't on the whole moan or grump, whatever age they are, but, just occasionally, I feel like a little whine and I wouldn't want to be excluded.
Since when?

Tell my missus that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:30 am

HairyFool wrote:
Quilter wrote:Are ladies allowed to join ?   I recognise that ladies don't on the whole moan or grump, whatever age they are, but, just occasionally, I feel like a little whine and I wouldn't want to be excluded.
Since when?

Tell my missus that.

If I'd had my reading glasses on and not been using my phone with dodgy buttons and small screen I' d have put an emoticon in after the phrase in bold. Not sure which one however......
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:43 am

I think it's safe to assume 90% of grumpy posters here are 60+. Or is that 60% are 90+...
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:46 am

Quilter wrote:If I'd had my reading glasses on and not been using my phone with dodgy buttons and small screen I' d have put an emoticon in after the phrase in bold. Not sure which one however......
This one shows promise!  lol4

Grumpy ' old ' men Images10
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP

Back to top Go down

Post by crisp Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:03 pm

I used to be  told i was "old enough to know better". Now Im just tolerated, a welcome stage of life:hugegrins:
crisp
crisp
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:21 am

Perhaps, in the interests of gender and age equality, the title of the thread should be changed to "the grumpy, life experienced persons club" think_smiley_46

My problem with being a GLEP is there are so many things that make me grumpy that it's difficult at times to know where to start rolleyes

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:31 am

My latest pet hate is the (usually) young women who walk along the pavement furiously texting on their phones.

They expect everyone else to be looking out for them, and to get out of their way!!

In a very naughty moment yesterday (which may well be repeated many times) I waited until a collision was imminent and yelled "Boo" in the miscreant's ear. (I have to say she was quite fit, as she managed a standing jump to at least four feet in the air!!  lol4)

Pleased she was not, so I asked her why I should feel obliged to look after her well being as well as my own???  shrugg
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:51 am

My latest pet hate is why on earth do TV programs, either 'reality' or factual, no matter how banal or innocuous the subject matter, feel the need to not only give a warning beforehand, but a helpline number at the end for poor innocents who might be affected..
Are we really so easily upset? I used to drown kittens to earn pocket money when I was a child, do I need therapy??
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:22 pm

Gromit wrote:My latest pet hate is the (usually) young women who walk along the pavement furiously texting on their phones.

They expect everyone else to be looking out for them, and to get out of their way!!

In a very naughty moment yesterday (which may well be repeated many times) I waited until a collision was imminent and yelled "Boo" in the miscreant's ear. (I have to say she was quite fit, as she managed a standing jump to at least four feet in the air!!  lol4)

Pleased she was not, so I asked her why I should feel obliged to look after her well being as well as my own???  shrugg
Naughty boy Dave, that is as bad as when that old lady asked you to check her balance at the cash machine and you pushed her over!

I watched a young lady sitting in her car busily texting, completely oblivious of the arctic trying to reverse into a drive opposite... until that was he gave her a toot on his truck horn.... she nearly flew through the roof hugegrins
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down