The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear Box

+5
jwells
Mike23
Caraman
rogerblack
burlingtonboaby
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rear Box - Page 2 Empty Re: Rear Box

Post by Roopert Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:57 am

As far as I can see, Caraman is genuinely offering advice that he thinks is important and useful, so please don't take offence! One of the hazards of any forum is that it's easy to see "preaching" when none is intended.

BTW, if you have a builder's merchant nearby, it may be easier to nip in there and ask if it's Ok to put your van on their weighbridge if business is quiet. It may not be calibrated to the level of accuracy of a proper public weighbridge,  but it should (if they are selling on the basis of its readout) be accurate enough for you to tell if you are getting close to a limit.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Caraman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionmike Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:12 pm

We have a very similar tow bar to your picture, ours was made and fitted by PWS in Poole.
I made a carrier for my Honda ST50, that clamps to the frame. I have no trouble with the extra weight, ( I fitted an air suspension kit previously ), and the van drives with no change to the handling.
Hope this helps, I have pictures, but had trouble uploading them before!
Mike.
Actionmike
Actionmike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : NUEVO EK 3.0
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by Heanorboy Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:20 pm

Maybe classed as "off topic" but respectfully suggest that if people do not wish to check the weights of there vans (and caravans) it would be wise not to head down south to Somerset, Devon and Cornwall as many are stopped for random police checks and taken to weighbridges with fines for overweight or bad loading and no further progress until corrected, in extreme cases they are impounded.
Just saying

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Ex 2012 Dorset W
Vehicle Year : 2015

Mike23 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionmike Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:42 am

Rear Box - Page 2 Nuevo_10
Rear Box - Page 2 Bike_c10
Actionmike
Actionmike

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:57 am

Actionmike wrote:Rear Box - Page 2 Nuevo_10
Rear Box - Page 2 Bike_c10

That is very interesting and fits very well. I think you have the exact same tow bar as I have on mine. Lovely little bike by the wat and ideal for use with a Camper. Does that manage to carry 2 people ok it looks a reasonably sized seat ?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionmike Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:43 am

It will take two peeps, but very scary! Its only 50cc with a three speed semi auto gearbox, needs more power! We use it as a show bike, if we take other bikes with us we use a bike trailer. As our Nuevo has the execellent 3ltr diesel, we are normally front heavy, so the extra weight on the back is balanced out.
Mike.
Actionmike
Actionmike

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2