The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full width bumper bar for Broadway EB

5 posters

Go down

Full width bumper bar for Broadway EB Empty Full width bumper bar for Broadway EB

Post by Maasai Warrior Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:23 pm

Hi, more help needed.

We have been thinking of having a Full width bumper bar fitted to our Broadway EB possibly by Armitages in Yorkshire. This is a a full-width under run bumper bar, made of galvanised 80mm x 40mm box steel clad in a a stainless steel wrap-round, without the tow bar electrics. We are shortly off travelling in Europe and I thought this would give us a bit of protection against small shunts etc. We would need to have holes drilled in or the bar raised to give access to the rear stabilisers.

Anyone got any thought on this and whether it is worth it?

Pete
Maasai Warrior
Maasai Warrior
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway EB owner
Vehicle Year : Mar 2014

Back to top Go down

Full width bumper bar for Broadway EB Empty Re: Full width bumper bar for Broadway EB

Post by Shuggiegreen Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:28 pm

I have similar on my van and it works well last year while in a seaside resort in the North of England I was reversing and hit a street light fairly hard there was the smallest of marks on the bar without it im sure the body would have suffered some heavy damage.
Shuggiegreen
Shuggiegreen

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

Full width bumper bar for Broadway EB Empty Re: Full width bumper bar for Broadway EB

Post by PLOUGHLIN Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:34 pm

Is it much cheaper than a towbar. I would get the TB fitted (leave the electrics off if not needed), that 2" ball is a great deterrent. allthumbz

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by artheytrate Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:20 pm

I had tow bar fitted to my EB by Derby towbars  £450 first class work, and I've removed the rear steadies completely.

John.
artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Full width bumper bar for Broadway EB Empty rear bumper

Post by gemdeco Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:32 pm

Hi
  That is one hell of a bumper I presume you will be picking up on the towbar mounting why not fit a towbar as well but just leave out the ball Dilling a large hole for access to the steadies will weaken it let me know how you get on as I want a towbar/bumper/sparewheel carrier for my Surrey
 cheers Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Member Age : 73
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down