The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo 2021 Waterworks

4 posters

Go down

Nuevo 2021 Waterworks  Empty Nuevo 2021 Waterworks

Post by DstokeM Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:17 pm

Hi all

We are relatively new to this game. We love it though!!

There are a number of plumbing threads on here which I have looked at and acted upon. However, have not solved my problem. 

I get no water coming through although I can hear the pump whirring. Yes I have water in the tank and the dump switch is pushed in. I have tried leaving the pump on for about 3 minutes to allow the heater to fill and opening the taps and sucking. No joy and not at the same time!!

I have read about priming but not sure how to do this. Also read about there being a possible leak which could give the same symptoms. Had a lie under the van and does not appear to be a leak!!

What do you very knowledgeable people think should be my course of action. It is still under warranty so want to make sure I sort this out, personally or by the dealer, before the van is put away over Christmas. 

Thanks in anticipation of your assistance. 

Dave
DstokeM
DstokeM

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Auto-Sleeper
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Nuevo 2021 Waterworks  Empty Re: Nuevo 2021 Waterworks

Post by gef Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:44 pm

Have you ever had water through
Running pump for 3 minutes could have caused problems 
Try switching pump on and off for several times quickly
gef

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by DstokeM Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:02 pm

I’ll give that a go. Thanks!!
DstokeM
DstokeM

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Auto-Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:11 pm

Switch the pump off. Open all the taps and top up water until it starts trickling through. This helps to push the air out of the system
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard G Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:58 pm

Iwith my 2015 Nuevo.
There is a small in-line filter by the pump, mine was under the travel seats, cleaned it and all was good.I think i disconnected pipeline by the pump.
Richard G
Richard G

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:15 pm

DstokeM wrote:Hi all

We are relatively new to this game. We love it though!!

There are a number of plumbing threads on here which I have looked at and acted upon. However, have not solved my problem. 

I get no water coming through although I can hear the pump whirring. Yes I have water in the tank and the dump switch is pushed in. I have tried leaving the pump on for about 3 minutes to allow the heater to fill and opening the taps and sucking. No joy and not at the same time!!

I have read about priming but not sure how to do this. Also read about there being a possible leak which could give the same symptoms. Had a lie under the van and does not appear to be a leak!!

What do you very knowledgeable people think should be my course of action. It is still under warranty so want to make sure I sort this out, personally or by the dealer, before the van is put away over Christmas. 

Thanks in anticipation of your assistance. 

Dave
Is this a new problem?  Has the system worked properly before?  Is the pump a Whale submersible inside the freshwater tank?

The water system can be described as two systems - the external freshwater tank with its own filler and drain and the internal system which comprises the hot and cold water pipes and taps, the hot water tank and a drain valve.  Priming refers to the internal system and requires the drain to be closed and the pump to be turned on to fill all the pipes and the hot water tank for which a hot tap should be left open.  Once water flows out of the hot tap, close it and then open the cold water tap until it flows freely.  Close the tap and the pump will continue running for a few seconds until the internal water system is pressurised.  For good measure you can then turn each of the other taps on and off in turn to clear the last of the air out of the system.  The system is then primed.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

jwells likes this post

Back to top Go down