The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weather

+17
mikethebike
Relaxez-Vous
Cymro
Peter Brown
Paulmold
daisy mae
Tinwheeler
bikeralw
FreelanderUK
BobK
IanH
Suppersready
groundhog
Bilbobaggins
Askit
Dave 418
burlingtonboaby
21 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Weather - Page 24 Empty Re: Weather

Post by Askit Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:48 pm

Our local fox obviously doesn't feel the cold in our back garden.
Weather - Page 24 20211210
Weather - Page 24 20211211

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

BobK and groundhog like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:46 pm

Tags pal
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:28 am

Milder night with a light breeze,nice long walk out with Tag, Robins having a wee sing song, first Marvis I've heard this winter, lots of slugs and snails out for them.
Have a nice day.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:28 am

It’s definitely warmer if overcast today. I had to take daughter and partner to the station early this morning. They are off to Edinburgh for a couple of days. Hopefully it will be dry enough to get out and see the sites.
Our other dogs would be up and at it as soon as I get up no matter what time. The latest muttly grunted at me but hasn’t moved yet.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:14 am

Dry and mild this morning after a very windy night.  Thought I would check the status, online, of a parcel being delivered by Royal Mail. Bit surprised to see they had already tried today and found nobody in  shrugg I went to the front door and, sure enough, there is their calling card. 

They must have hammered the door (whilst ignoring the bell)with a very large feather  rolleyes

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:31 am

What a coincidence Tony, I have the same issue. Parcel is tracked but unlike DHL, UPS etc all it says is "we have your parcel". Then I get a card saying tried to deliver it but we have left the gates open and someone has been here all the time. The card was in the letter box the other side of the open gates so no way could they have driven up to the house or tried to deliver it. The last two parcels we have sent to Canada with parcelfarce or whatever they are called, the first never arrived and the second should have taken 7 days but took 7 weeks! UPS took 4 days tracked al the way!

The weather, really mild if somewhat overcast, 14 degrees and hardly any breeze. Couple of bullfinches on the feeders this morning and woodpecker having a poke around. Birds ae taking the moss off the roof now, either grubbing or ready to build but it does seem very early. First daffodils are out, here's hoping it stays this way.
Have a great day all  allthumbz
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:19 pm

Tonight’s walk was a bit yuk. It’s gone all Misty and damp making tonight’s walk not very pleasant. It didn’t help when muttly saw an inflatable Christmas tree and two Santa’s on a drive. He stood and stared at them and wouldn’t walk past. In the end he moved right up to the edge of the road and watched them until we got to the corner. He still dosnt take anything different very well. walkies
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:25 am

Rain stopped during the night to leave a dampness in the air, good walk with Tag, 
Haven't seen any Bullfinches for a wee while, lots of Goldies and Chaffinchs though, Blue t its are taking interest in one of the old bird boxes. Tags hair is getting the used to line the box,
Take care ,have a nice day.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:53 am

Relatively mild this morning ie no frost. Nice day promised for December. Had winter tyres put back on daughter's Yaris yesterday, as always hope we don't need to use them for snow this year.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:37 am

Yes relatively mild and dry over on this side of Scotland too. I was up early to go to the PO delivery office, forgot how much of a scrum it is on the roads around here in the morning. Got the sorting office to be told my parcel was not back yet due to a "computer fault".

Not heard that one for a while  think_smiley_46

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:08 am

Had a Hermes delivery a few months ago due when we were away in Moho. I asked for it to be dropped at local shop to collect on our return. When I went in it didn't show up on their hand held computer thingy. I had details of parcel on my phone, produced ID as requested. They had the item in their hands but refused to hand it over until computer said yes.

After about half an hour of discussions I ended up pointing out that I could prove the item they were holding was legally my property. As I had proof of payment etc, and if they didn't give me my property I would involve the police. At this point I was accused of bring unreasonable and they asked me to leave the shop. Threatening me with police. I stood my ground and eventually they handed parcel over, taking photo of me with the item which I agreed to as proof I collected it.

Parcel is still showing on Hermes tracking as waiting for collection at shop. Needless to say I have not asked for anything else to be sent there for collection shrugg

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:27 am

Hacked off this morning came down to our neighbours cat having already killed one wren running off with another bird in its mouth. Don't know what to do, we get on well with its owner but she just says she can't stop it.
Dry but overcast, outside picking up more leaves and final tidying before Christmas planned then tomorrow in to holiday mode.
Have a great day all
Angry 'Hog
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:56 pm

I get that cats are often hunters, what would help is owners putting a bell on their collar. We've just about stopped our neighbours cats coming in to use our garden as a toilet and attacking birds by, err, inviting them to leave  Whistle1

Dry morning has morphed into a cold and drizzly afternoon. Just waiting with baited breath for the latest news on restrictions, my day is filled with joy  content

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:05 am

Clear cool starlite morning, nice long walk out with Tag along the promanard,still to muddy to go the coastal path.
Have a nice day.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:20 am

Still dark'o'clock here but forecast suggests a dry and mild day. Waiting for more parcels today so we're not venturing very far. Inexplicably, the one that wasn't available at the sorting office yesterday (due to a computer issue) was delivered to our door yesterday  shrugg  

Methinks somebody is telling porkies  scratch head

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:41 am

Unseasonably mild here in the east. Snow has gone from the tops of the near hills (Glen Clova and Glen Isla at the foothills of the Grampians). Still snow visible further in to the Cairngorms. Low lying cloud gives an oppressive feel to the air but no rain forecast.

Two parcels from Hermes yesterday. New driver brought one to the door that I have been waiting for three weeks on. Wouldn't scan, eventually when I said I had been notified of delivery of another parcel he went and checked the van again. He was half way through his round and computer said deliver the parcel still in van now. The one he did bring in was scheduled for the end of his run think_smiley_46 we can't understand how the system would schedule two visits to same address at different parts of the route. Couldn't make it up shrugg Fortunately he had some common sense and managed to scan both parcels. Another day another adventure.

Stay safe

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:35 am

Beautiful clear blue sky, light westerly breeze, lots of wee garden birds flying from garden to garden,nice to see abit of sun.
Have a nice day,hope your parcels come boys.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:51 pm

Another dry mild day, been really busy getting the car MOT'd and then replacing the DLR's on the van, getting too old for all this crawling underneath lark.
Have a great evening what is left of it allthumbz
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:15 am

Sea fret/ har cleared early to reveal a starlite sky, still on the cool side,however nice temperature for dog walking.
Hope your MOT test went well, all our local garages have shut for the holidays and COVID staff problems.
Have a nice day.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:46 am

Light rain when out shopping earlier. Shops well stocked and always quiet first thing.

Off to daughter's new house at lunchtime with a list of jobs to do this afternoon. Then tonight the Brass band she is percussionist in are having a Christmas concert in Boness. Pre-booked tickets and socially distanced audience. I will also be double masked. Paper disposable under my usual fabric...always assuming it isn't cancelled later today.

Stay safe

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:47 am

Bit of overnight rain but it seems to be back to dry, mild and dull outside (still dark). Got a few things to get at the shops so need to dig out the protective gear, you know, crash helmet, knee pads and toe-tectors  snigger

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:24 am

Lovely sunny morning just put the heating on in the van as taking it for a run today to Liskeard just over an hours drive from here. Created a new breakfast room so need to find some carpet. Looking forward to a gentle run and a bit of a day off.
Have a great day. 👍
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:44 am

Suns out again,lovely and bright,even the frogs our sitting in the pond.
Have a nice day,take care what ever your up to.  up!
Bobby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:02 am

groundhog wrote:Lovely sunny morning just put the heating on in the van as taking it for a run today to Liskeard just over an hours drive from here. Created a new breakfast room so need to find some carpet. Looking forward to a gentle run and a bit of a day off.
Have a great day. 👍
Trago Mills by any chance?

Last holiday we had in Cornwall was 2019, pre Covid and pre buying Moho. Stayed in a converted barn on a farm about 3 miles from Trago. Found a gem of a coffee shop at Cardingham Woods. Seems like a lifetime ago in another world.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:43 am

Just like Hog's, this is a bright day and our van, too, is heating prior to a run in the other (westerly) direction to succumb to the lure of Philps pasties.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next