The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Broadway

+10
rgermain
Dbvwt
SteveMichelleBaylis
Tinwheeler
Paulmold
gemdeco
burlingtonboaby
Toffee
harrysp
Lucylu
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New Broadway - Page 2 Empty Re: New Broadway

Post by gpilky Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:08 am

Tinwheeler wrote:A difference in time between manufacture and registration is not unusual but 2 years seems a huge gap to me. Has it been sat on a dealer's forecourt all this time without moving a wheel? Not wishing to cause alarm but it seems strange to me when vans have been flying off the forecourt over the last year or so.

I've posted elsewhere I have observed a similar history with my MH too. I was trying the 'age' the base vehicle to be clear when ordering parts etc. By research I found:

--- A sticker on the wardrobe door from the electrical test with July 2015 date on it.

--- Tyres date June 2015.

--- I got a copy of the certificate of conformity from AS and it was dated August 2015.

Trouble is, the MH is 'first registered' on July 2017! It is also Euro 5!

So what happened to it that 2 years between Aug 2015 and July 2017 I have no idea (but I'm trying to find out). My assumption is that it was either at AS waiting distribution to a dealer, at the dealer waiting for a sale, or used as a demo at shows etc, or a combination of all 3. Not knowing the market then, was there a slump because of the proposed new road tax?

I didn't buy it new though and paid a good second hand price so not too worried. 

Seems like a long time between manufacture and registration is not that unusual..... next to find out when my base vehicle left the production line......
gpilky
gpilky

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:40 am

I've found this thread: 

http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Peugeot-Boxer-build-date/23778/

The only bit I can make sense of is:

Code Year Code Year Code Year Code Year
A = 1980 L = 1990 Y = 2000 A = 2010
B = 1981 M = 1991 1 = 2001 B = 2011
C = 1982 N = 1992 2 = 2002 C = 2012
D = 1983 P = 1993 3 = 2003 D = 2013
E = 1984 R = 1994 4 = 2004 E = 2014
F = 1985 S = 1995 5 = 2005 F = 2015
G = 1986 T = 1996 6 = 2006 G = 2016
H = 1987 V = 1997 7 = 2007 H = 2017
J = 1988 W = 1998 8 = 2008 J = 2018
K = 1989 X = 1999 9 = 2009 K = 2019

I have a K in the last 8 digits of my Peugeot VIN which could corollate with the manufacturing year 2019.  A Peugeot dealer should be able to confirm this and give an exact date of manufacture.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:27 am

This VIN decoder might work. https://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Peugeot

Should tell you the actual build date and may give build spec as well. Works for my MB base.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper Model : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:30 am

PLOUGHLIN wrote:This VIN decoder might work. https://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Peugeot

Should tell you the actual build date and may give build spec as well. Works for my MB base.
I tried that and it gave 2001 as the year of manufacture and the manufacture plant as France, both of which are wrong.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:36 am

Caraman wrote:
PLOUGHLIN wrote:This VIN decoder might work. https://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Peugeot

I tried that and it gave 2001 as the year of manufacture and the manufacture plant as France, both of which are wrong.

For my MB it initially gives 2002 in the upper data field but scrolled down gives the correct build date 23/03/2010.

Did you scroll down?

Does this work for Boxer?

https://carinfo.kiev.ua/cars/vin/peugeot/vin_check

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:46 am

PLOUGHLIN wrote:
Caraman wrote:

For my MB it initially gives 2002 in the upper data field but scrolled down gives the correct build date 23/03/2010.

Did you scroll down?

Does this work for Boxer?

https://carinfo.kiev.ua/cars/vin/peugeot/vin_check
Scrolled down and it made no difference.  The second link didn't recognise the VIN.  In both cases I have confirmed the VIN as correct.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gpilky Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:01 pm

According to both of the methods above, my Boxer comes out as 2001!! I know this is incorrect as it is a Boxer III, not a Boxer II. Mine was also post-facelift which occurred in April 2014.

Also by looking at published VIN codes on recall notices. Using these my Boxer manufactured somewhere between 12th December 2014 and 16th June 2015 - nearer to the latter looking at the number sequence. This fits with the other observations I have.

I see on the forum they suggest checking the seatbelt label as it is dated, apparently. I'll take a look when I'm next inside....
gpilky
gpilky

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:08 pm

gpilky wrote:
I see on the forum they suggest checking the seatbelt label as it is dated, apparently. I'll take a look when I'm next inside....
Mine has labels showing they were manufactured in Turkey but nothing that obviously indicates the date.  Out of interest I have fired an on-line question to Peugeot UK Customer Care but in the past they have not been helpful.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:30 pm

Plastic trim usually have a moulded date (m/y) identifier on the rear. Try the removable tray in the dash?

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gpilky Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:46 pm

OK - I've cracked it......

Apparently the vehicle will have a AS/RP No (sometimes referred to as a DAM number) stamped somewhere on the vehicle or on a sticker. I've got mine from Peugeot ServiceBox.

You can put this in here to get the manufacture date >>>> https://www.eurocarcare.net/orga.html

This gives my date as 4th May 2015 which fits the other evidence perfectly!!! allthumbz
gpilky
gpilky

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:43 pm

gpilky wrote:OK - I've cracked it......

Apparently the vehicle will have a AS/RP No (sometimes referred to as a DAM number) stamped somewhere on the vehicle or on a sticker. I've got mine from Peugeot ServiceBox.

You can put this in here to get the manufacture date >>>> https://www.eurocarcare.net/orga.html

This gives my date as 4th May 2015 which fits the other evidence perfectly!!! allthumbz
The Peugeot on-line manual covers labels and identification marks but does not refer to an AS, RP, DAM or ORGA number (it would be nice to know what these letters stand for).  How did you get your number from Peugeot ServiceBox?  Have you found the number on your vehicle?
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:10 pm

DAM probably on tyre pressure sticker, at bottom, 7 figures use first 5, last two is where made.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:21 pm

PLOUGHLIN wrote:DAM  probably on tyre pressure sticker, at bottom, 7 figures use first 5, last two is where made.
Not on the Peugeot tyre pressure label - all it gives is the fully laden tyre pressures front and rear.  It doesn't even say if its for a C or CP tyre.  I've also looked on the back of several plastic injections mouldings for a date.  If it's there I haven't been able to crack the code.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gpilky Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:49 pm

Caraman wrote:
gpilky wrote:OK - I've cracked it......

The Peugeot on-line manual covers labels and identification marks but does not refer to an AS, RP, DAM or ORGA number (it would be nice to know what these letters stand for).  How did you get your number from Peugeot ServiceBox?  Have you found the number on your vehicle?

I haven't looked for the number on the van yet, but will do and see if I can find it anywhere - if I do I'll report it here.

Servicebox can be found here >>> https://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/pages/index.jsp <<< It is a useful resource provided for dealers and garages, but for the most useful stuff there is a fee. I worked out what I wanted, paid €7 for an hour, and downloaded as much as I could in the time. The General tab contains all the data for the base vehicles such as engine / gearbox numbers etc., etc, etc. It is here I found the AS/RP number. I've attached a screenshot so you can see what it looks like when you get in.

You do have to subscribe first to access of course.

New Broadway - Page 2 Screen17
gpilky
gpilky

Male

Caraman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gpilky Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:29 pm

Looked on the van to find the AS/RP code - nothing there. I wondered if the AS plate inside the passenger door might be where it was or be covering it up
gpilky
gpilky

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:46 pm

gpilky wrote:Looked on the van to find the AS/RP code - nothing there. I wondered if the AS plate inside the passenger door might be where it was or be covering it up
That might be the case but I would have thought it would be referred to in the Boxer manual; all the other numbers and labels are.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:03 pm

My Peugeot dealer has just given me my 5 digit RP number.  Don't know how he found it out - presumably from the VIN.  Anyhow, using your online calculator  https://www.eurocarcare.net/orga.html  it gives a manufacture date of 28 Dec 18 which sounds right.  You learn something everyday! 
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:31 am

I've done more on-line research into this.  The most plausible explanation is that ORGA stands for 'organisation' and RP stands for 'replacement parts' and both numbers are the same.  The ORGA or RP number of 0001 was introduced on 08 Nov 76.  Everyday thereafter it has increased by one.  So my RP Number of 15390 equates to 42 and a bit years after 8 Nov 76 which is about right.  My Peugeot dealer didn't know all this but was able to find my RP number through the VIN.  They believe the RP number will be somewhere inside the engine compartment but difficult to find/see as it may have been put there before the engine was fitted.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gpilky Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:22 pm

Caraman wrote:My Peugeot dealer has just given me my 5 digit RP number.  Don't know how he found it out - presumably from the VIN.  Anyhow, using your online calculator  https://www.eurocarcare.net/orga.html  it gives a manufacture date of 28 Dec 18 which sounds right.  You learn something everyday! 

On the ServiceBox system you access all the vehicle details via the VIN. The dealer puts this in and viola - the RP number is there. Might have been simpler just to record the date scratch head
gpilky
gpilky

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2